WIFI BOFFIN NEEDED -- printer keeps interrupting connection!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
dd_
Sightsee MC

Re: WIFI BOFFIN NEEDED -- printer keeps interrupting connection!

Post by dd_ »

This may work:

1. Click on the Wireless option in the System Tray and open the Wireless Network Connection window.
2. Click on “Change advanced settings”.
3. In the Wireless Network Connection Properties window, click on the Wireless Networks tab.
4. Click on the Advanced button.
5. Make sure that Click on “Access point (infrastructure) networks only” is checked.
6. Make sure that "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks" is unchecked. (i think you are already did this one)

Got this from:
http://ask-leo.com/how_can_i_block_neig ... works.html
and
http://superuser.com/questions/179654/w ... up-network

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
22 Nov 2013, 7:20pm
An unsecured network "HP-Print-53-Photosmart 5520" printer somewhere near my house has been interrupting my high-speed Charter internet lately for like the past 6 months. It happens every day, like every half hour to full hour. Weird how it happens repeatedly and chronically.. This gets very frustrating especially when in the middle of serious matters, like online poker which I do play.

My connection gets messed up by it because my laptop sees it and, of course, goes to automatically connect to it. When I go to knock it off the Manage Wireless Connection list it's not even there.

Not really knowledgeable about wifi, I hope some of you are. Is it even possible block my neighbors wifi? And it's not as simple of just unchecking the "Connect automatically" box as yahoo answers suggests. That helplessly does nothing.. reopen the same "Internet access" box again and it is still god damn checked.

I even did command prompt shit like "netsh wlan block" and whatnot yet it keeps getting interrupted.

How can I block this device from my network connections? I have a laptop. I think it's Windows 7.
Just came across this by chance. How did you resolve this?

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

revbob wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 7:10pm
Chuck Mangione wrote:
22 Nov 2013, 7:20pm
An unsecured network "HP-Print-53-Photosmart 5520" printer somewhere near my house has been interrupting my high-speed Charter internet lately for like the past 6 months. It happens every day, like every half hour to full hour. Weird how it happens repeatedly and chronically.. This gets very frustrating especially when in the middle of serious matters, like online poker which I do play.

My connection gets messed up by it because my laptop sees it and, of course, goes to automatically connect to it. When I go to knock it off the Manage Wireless Connection list it's not even there.

Not really knowledgeable about wifi, I hope some of you are. Is it even possible block my neighbors wifi? And it's not as simple of just unchecking the "Connect automatically" box as yahoo answers suggests. That helplessly does nothing.. reopen the same "Internet access" box again and it is still god damn checked.

I even did command prompt shit like "netsh wlan block" and whatnot yet it keeps getting interrupted.

How can I block this device from my network connections? I have a laptop. I think it's Windows 7.
Ended getting a new(er) laptop.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 11:16pm
revbob wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 7:10pm
Ended getting a new(er) laptop.
Ahh, I was thinking some type of malware or 3rd party software that was always looking for open connections