I miss you guys

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Post Reply
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Wolter » 07 Feb 2013, 8:29pm

(Y'all, I promise you, if you grew up anywhere near the ACE basin or Santee-Cooper, this material would be golden)
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Feb 2013, 8:31pm

Wolter wrote:(Y'all, I promise you, if you grew up anywhere near the ACE basin or Santee-Cooper, this material would be golden)
:lol: Some material plays better in the home town.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Wolter » 07 Feb 2013, 8:33pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:(Y'all, I promise you, if you grew up anywhere near the ACE basin or Santee-Cooper, this material would be golden)
:lol: Some material plays better in the home town.
:shifty:
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Feb 2013, 8:40pm

The original point stands: the farther north you are, the more civilized you are.*

* Tho not farther north than, like, the 51st parallel. I mean, come on.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Wolter » 07 Feb 2013, 9:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:The original point stands: the farther north you are, the more civilized you are.*

* Tho not farther north than, like, the 51st parallel. I mean, come on.
Have you BEEN to Central Wisconsin?
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Feb 2013, 9:29pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The original point stands: the farther north you are, the more civilized you are.*

* Tho not farther north than, like, the 51st parallel. I mean, come on.
Have you BEEN to Central Wisconsin?
No, but I'll take it over Chicosippi every day of the week.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Wolter » 07 Feb 2013, 9:31pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The original point stands: the farther north you are, the more civilized you are.*

* Tho not farther north than, like, the 51st parallel. I mean, come on.
Have you BEEN to Central Wisconsin?
No, but I'll take it over Chicosippi every day of the week.
Well, duh.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: I miss you guys

Post by matedog » 08 Feb 2013, 11:45am

Wolter wrote:You know how to make that look delicious to me? Don't call it a pizza. Call it a flatbread. Suddenly? Awesome.
I missed this earlier. Did you not see the photo I posted? How does that not look like anything BUT pizza. Look at the rolled dough crust for god's sake.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Wolter » 08 Feb 2013, 11:53am

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:You know how to make that look delicious to me? Don't call it a pizza. Call it a flatbread. Suddenly? Awesome.
I missed this earlier. Did you not see the photo I posted? How does that not look like anything BUT pizza. Look at the rolled dough crust for god's sake.
It looks like delicious rolled dough used in a non-pizza setting.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2013, 12:04pm

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:You know how to make that look delicious to me? Don't call it a pizza. Call it a flatbread. Suddenly? Awesome.
I missed this earlier. Did you not see the photo I posted? How does that not look like anything BUT pizza. Look at the rolled dough crust for god's sake.
It looks like delicious rolled dough used in a non-pizza setting.
Oddly enough, I think Heston calls pizza "rolled dough with ingredients."
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Wolter » 08 Feb 2013, 12:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:You know how to make that look delicious to me? Don't call it a pizza. Call it a flatbread. Suddenly? Awesome.
I missed this earlier. Did you not see the photo I posted? How does that not look like anything BUT pizza. Look at the rolled dough crust for god's sake.
It looks like delicious rolled dough used in a non-pizza setting.
Oddly enough, I think Heston calls pizza "rolled dough with ingredients."
"Unsealed pancake"
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: I miss you guys

Post by matedog » 13 Feb 2013, 12:40pm

Mate's sprouts that I cooked on Sunday.
Attachments
Sprouts.jpg
Dizzle Sprizzles
Sprouts.jpg (322.73 KiB) Viewed 1882 times
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: I miss you guys

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 13 Feb 2013, 12:41pm

matedog wrote:Mate's sprouts that I cooked on Sunday.
Is this a vegetarian/vegan dish?

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: I miss you guys

Post by matedog » 13 Feb 2013, 12:47pm

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:Mate's sprouts that I cooked on Sunday.
Is this a vegetarian/vegan dish?
Vegetarian for sure. Butter, so not vegan.

Ingredients -
Pecans (crushed)
Maple syrup (I used agave instead since I had some laying around)
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Apple cider vinegar
Brussel sprouts, sliced
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: I miss you guys

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 13 Feb 2013, 4:36pm

matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:Mate's sprouts that I cooked on Sunday.
Is this a vegetarian/vegan dish?
Vegetarian for sure. Butter, so not vegan.

Ingredients -
Pecans (crushed)
Maple syrup (I used agave instead since I had some laying around)
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Apple cider vinegar
Brussel sprouts, sliced
Sounds very good. I'd hit that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests