I miss you guys

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I miss you guys

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
matedog wrote:You really just need to blindly listen to your elders.
The last time I did that I ended up with the complete discographies of KISS and Bruce Springsteen. :yuck:
How's your Wire collection coming along? :geek:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Grilled/oven-roasted Brussel sprouts are delicious. :cool:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

The important thing to note is that Flex is an ignorant man child.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:The important thing to note is that Flex is an ignorant man child.
:lol:

I want to second Mimi's love of blanched broccoli. I never disliked broccoli, but that's a great way to prepare it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Well, I stand by what I said about the average person not knowing how to cook, not just vegetables but food in general. However, Flex, if you thought I was accusing you of being a vegetable dunderhead, then you're wrong 'em boyo. I wouldn't consider you average. :kiss:

Quite frankly, I don't give two shits if someone likes or dislikes something. Seriously, I just don't care. Nor do I care what you eat or how you eat it. I am, however, open to new recipes because I get bored easily.

Now, can we quit arguing about fucking vegetables? :shifty:

PS, I love the word dunderhead.
Last edited by Mimi on 04 Feb 2013, 10:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Inder wrote:Grilled/oven-roasted Brussel sprouts are delicious. :cool:
What's the recipe? Seasonings?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Mimi wrote:Well, I stand by what I said about the average person not knowing how to cook, not just vegetables but food in general. However, Flex, if you thought I was accusing you of being a vegetable dunderhead, then you're wrong 'em boyo. I wouldn't consider you average. :kiss:

Quite frankly, I don't give two shits if someone likes or dislikes something. Seriously, I just don't care. Nor do I care what you eat or how you eat it. I am, however, open to new recipes because I get bored easily.

A sentence that contains both hamfisted and dunderhead is one I am bound to enjoy.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
Mimi wrote:Well, I stand by what I said about the average person not knowing how to cook, not just vegetables but food in general. However, Flex, if you thought I was accusing you of being a vegetable dunderhead, then you're wrong 'em boyo. I wouldn't consider you average. :kiss:

A sentence that contains both hamfisted and dunderhead is one I am bound to enjoy.
You hamfisted Hibernian dunderheads are so easy to please.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:

I get ya!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

That's in damn near iambic pantameter, I love it.
Last edited by Silent Majority on 04 Feb 2013, 10:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Maybe it's a Shakespeare insult. You guys ever see the book of Shakespeare insults? Tis funny.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

I found it scrawled next to a misshapen skeleton in a parking lot.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

:shifty:

Does hamfisted have anything to do with sidewalk ham?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Mimi wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Silent Majority wrote: A sentence that contains both hamfisted and dunderhead is one I am bound to enjoy.
:shifty:

Does hamfisted have anything to do with sidewalk ham?
Well, I do eat it by the fistful.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:Just like with music, everyone is always convinced everyone would like the same food they like as long as they have it in perfectly controlled conditions.
Yeah, expecting people to cook things properly is really expecting too much.
Yeah, expecting people to respect that others have given food items a fair shake and like and don't like certain things is really expecting too much. It always HAS to be that they didn't prepare [insert food I like] properly.

I resent the idea that the only reason I don't like the things I don't like is because I haven't been smart enough to follow a recipe correctly.
You really just need to blindly listen to your elders.
My Elder alarm just went off, what's going on here then?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board