Page 34 of 36

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 4:31pm
by JennyB
People want, nay, demand our opines on deli meats, Americana humbug, vans Mossad and kill, unicorns, Hoy poops, b-movies, and, uh, that band.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 4:48pm
by Dr. Medulla
JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 4:31pm
People want, nay, demand our opines on deli meats, Americana humbug, vans Mossad and kill, unicorns, Hoy poops, b-movies, and, uh, that band.
Guitar Wolf?

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 4:49pm
by matedog
JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 4:31pm
People want, nay, demand our opines on deli meats, Americana humbug, vans Mossad and kill, unicorns, Hoy poops, b-movies, and, uh, that band.
I had no idea how a thrown off baby sleep schedule would screw up my movements. I was even back on those magic but awful Trader Joe's bran muffins. Things are back to normal though. :cool:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 1:16pm
by Dr. Medulla
An IMCT observation: The "I don't read this thread" joke is one of my favourite things that this place came up with. It's such a goofy bit of humbling.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 4:27pm
by JennyB
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:16pm
An IMCT observation: The "I don't read this thread" joke is one of my favourite things that this place came up with. It's such a goofy bit of humbling.
I agree with this post. I've even tried to incorporate it on other platforms, but t's just not the same.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 8:02pm
by Kory
JennyB wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:16pm
An IMCT observation: The "I don't read this thread" joke is one of my favourite things that this place came up with. It's such a goofy bit of humbling.
I agree with this post. I've even tried to incorporate it on other platforms, but t's just not the same.
I was hoping somebody had brought this up earlier so I could create a hall of mirrors with it.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 8:19pm
by Silent Majority
Tep originated, like much of the other great things about IMCT.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 8:36pm
by Dr. Medulla
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:19pm
Tep originated, like much of the other great things about IMCT.
He didn't come up with it, did he? My recollection is that he was a common victim of the joke. I'm thinking Wolter came up with the joke originally.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 8:39pm
by Silent Majority
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:19pm
Tep originated, like much of the other great things about IMCT.
He didn't come up with it, did he? My recollection is that he was a common victim of the joke. I'm thinking Wolter came up with the joke originally.
I believe it was Tep saying "I don't read that thread." when someone linked him to a post covering something he'd just brought up.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 8:41pm
by Dr. Medulla
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:19pm
Tep originated, like much of the other great things about IMCT.
He didn't come up with it, did he? My recollection is that he was a common victim of the joke. I'm thinking Wolter came up with the joke originally.
I believe it was Tep saying "I don't read that thread." when someone linked him to a post covering something he'd just brought up.
Okay, maybe. Using Google, it might be eumaas, but possibly riffing off Tep.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31&start=15405#p190443

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 2:02am
by Inder
Was it Wally? I thought it started with the (round) thread.

Someone needs to do a limited print run of The Quotable Tepista.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 7:20am
by Dr. Medulla
Is it possible to tweak the board software to search for only a set of words? Even if I put in the search engine the phrase "I don't read this thread," the results include any instance of don't, read, and thread, rather than just that phrase.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 2:21pm
by Inder
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 7:20am
Is it possible to tweak the board software to search for only a set of words? Even if I put in the search engine the phrase "I don't read this thread," the results include any instance of don't, read, and thread, rather than just that phrase.
I searched around a bit, and this has apparently been a request for the devs since 2004ish! I don't think they ended up adding exact phrase searching because it's harder to incorporate than it might seem.

I suppose "I don't read this thread" can be one of the Great IMCT Mysteries (in the spiritual sense).

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 2:35pm
by Dr. Medulla
Inder wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 7:20am
Is it possible to tweak the board software to search for only a set of words? Even if I put in the search engine the phrase "I don't read this thread," the results include any instance of don't, read, and thread, rather than just that phrase.
I searched around a bit, and this has apparently been a request for the devs since 2004ish! I don't think they ended up adding exact phrase searching because it's harder to incorporate than it might seem.

I suppose "I don't read this thread" can be one of the Great IMCT Mysteries (in the spiritual sense).
Rats. Thanks for digging around a bit.

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 2:51pm
by matedog
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:41pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:19pm
Tep originated, like much of the other great things about IMCT.
He didn't come up with it, did he? My recollection is that he was a common victim of the joke. I'm thinking Wolter came up with the joke originally.
I believe it was Tep saying "I don't read that thread." when someone linked him to a post covering something he'd just brought up.
Okay, maybe. Using Google, it might be eumaas, but possibly riffing off Tep.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31&start=15405#p190443
This predates that: http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... ead#p74753

Not tep's original post, but clearly he wrote it around this time.