The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 7:58pm
Me: Will that Americana for humbug?

ChatGPT:
It seems like you're referring to a phrase or concept, but it's not entirely clear what you mean. "Americana" typically refers to artifacts, culture, or customs characteristic of the United States, while "humbug" generally means deceptive or false talk or behavior. Could you please provide more context or clarify your question so I can better understand what you're asking?
I wonder if it can tell us whether it's Bernie Time.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

ChatGPT:
It seems like you're referring to a phrase or concept, but it's not entirely clear what you mean. "Americana" typically refers to artifacts, culture, or customs characteristic of the United States, while "humbug" generally means deceptive or false talk or behavior. Could you please provide more context or clarify your question so I can better understand what you're asking?
Wow, not even anything about mossad vans being outside the twin towers on 9/11. Massive fail for AI.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 8:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

ChatGPT:
I wonder if it can tell us whether it's Bernie Time.
"Bernie Time" is a phrase that gained popularity during the 2016 and 2020 United States presidential campaigns of Bernie Sanders, a senator from Vermont. It often referred to moments when Bernie Sanders was seen as gaining momentum or when there was anticipation surrounding his speeches, events, or policy proposals.

Without more context, it's difficult to determine if "Bernie Time" is relevant to a specific event or situation occurring in 2024. If you could provide more details or clarify your question, I'd be happy to assist you further.
AI is crap.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

However:
Me: Do wise men and street kids make a great team?
Wise men and street kids can indeed make a great team, despite their differences in backgrounds and life experiences. Each brings unique perspectives, skills, and knowledge to the table:

Wise men: Typically older, experienced individuals who have accumulated knowledge through years of learning and life experiences. They often provide wisdom, guidance, and mentorship to others. Their insights and ability to think critically can help guide the team's decisions and actions.

Street kids: Often young individuals who have grown up in challenging environments and learned to navigate life through street smarts, resilience, and adaptability. They may have insights into survival, resourcefulness, and innovation that wise men may not possess. Their energy, creativity, and unconventional thinking can inject new perspectives into the team.

When these two groups come together, they can complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. Wise men can offer guidance and wisdom while street kids can bring fresh ideas and alternative solutions to problems. Collaboration between them can lead to innovative solutions, effective problem-solving, and mutual learning and growth.

Ultimately, the success of their partnership depends on mutual respect, open communication, and a willingness to learn from each other's experiences.
In short, we really should have sold James to Bernie when we had the chance.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 8:26pm
However:
Wise men and street kids can indeed make a great team, despite their differences in backgrounds and life experiences. Each brings unique perspectives, skills, and knowledge to the table:

Wise men: Typically older, experienced individuals who have accumulated knowledge through years of learning and life experiences. They often provide wisdom, guidance, and mentorship to others. Their insights and ability to think critically can help guide the team's decisions and actions.

Street kids: Often young individuals who have grown up in challenging environments and learned to navigate life through street smarts, resilience, and adaptability. They may have insights into survival, resourcefulness, and innovation that wise men may not possess. Their energy, creativity, and unconventional thinking can inject new perspectives into the team.

When these two groups come together, they can complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. Wise men can offer guidance and wisdom while street kids can bring fresh ideas and alternative solutions to problems. Collaboration between them can lead to innovative solutions, effective problem-solving, and mutual learning and growth.

Ultimately, the success of their partnership depends on mutual respect, open communication, and a willingness to learn from each other's experiences.
Started losing value the second you got me off the lot.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 8:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
However:

Not to mention the oppressive cost of upkeep.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 8:49pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
However:

Wait, we weren't going with deferred maintenance? Whoops.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 9:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 8:49pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
However:

Wait, we weren't going with deferred maintenance? Whoops.
We also got screwed on the TruCoat on his undercarriage.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Me; Make up a story about asses and tin whistles.
In a quirky village known for its love of music, there was an unusual tradition involving tin whistles and, surprisingly, donkeys.
The villagers believed that playing tin whistles in the presence of donkeys brought good luck and harmony to the community.
One day, a talented musician named Melody arrived in the village, carrying a magical tin whistle said to have the power to make donkeys dance.
Skeptical at first, the villagers gathered in the town square as Melody played a lively tune on her enchanted tin whistle.
To everyone's astonishment, the donkeys joined the joyful dance, creating a whimsical spectacle that turned the village into a haven of musical merriment.
I feel cheated.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 5:51pm
Olaf wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 5:20pm
Olaf wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 5:17pm
Just replace "music enthusiasts" with "model train enthusiasts" and it's pretty accurate.
What is the substitute for imitation crab meat?
I guess it counts as "resources."
Man, that really stretches the definition of resource.
Just because you can straighten a banana you think you're an expert in stretching definitions now? :rolleyes:
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 3:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 5:17pm
Just replace "music enthusiasts" with "model train enthusiasts" and it's pretty accurate.
Just because you can straighten a banana you think you're an expert in stretching definitions now? :rolleyes:
Well, I did minor in definition stretching at the Sorbonne.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 7:22am
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You've got the brains, I've got the looks—let's make lots of money.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 4:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:

That song is older than you, I think!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 4:06pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No, I'm three years older than it. But we did both work with the same producer (he hates bass players—Hooky and Alan Dias have confirmed what I suspected).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 4:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 4:06pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Olaf wrote:

No, I'm three years older than it. But we did both work with the same producer (he hates bass players—Hooky and Alan Dias have confirmed what I suspected).
Huh. I thought you hadn't hit 40 yet.

Weird for a guy known for producing dance-oriented rock to be hostile to bassists. Maybe it's something as basic as a bass player stole his girlfriend once.