The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:15pm
Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:09pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:05pm
Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:52pm
I feel like leaving now to see if I can get some long overdue love. Can't keep away from the madhouse though, and you would vote off my favourite BAD songs while I was away.
"Sightsee MC", "Beyond the Pale", "Battle of All Saints Road", "Applecart", "Bottom Line" (full version) - right, you regrettable twat? (I mean you lovely top bloke ;)).
Applecart has aleady gone, much to my utter rage.
K, just checked and saw there's one of those stupid elimination polls for BAD as well. I don't like those things. Top 5's are better, more direct. I mon say.
Yeah, well I think we've done every top 5 in the history of the universe. :shifty:

The Clash elimination created a lot of good discussion, these things don't have to be taken that seriously. Just a chance to shoot the shit.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
I feel like leaving now to see if I can get some long overdue love. Can't keep away from the madhouse though, and you would vote off my favourite BAD songs while I was away.
"Sightsee MC", "Beyond the Pale", "Battle of All Saints Road", "Applecart", "Bottom Line" (full version) - right, you regrettable twat? (I mean you lovely top bloke ;)).
I bet that caused an upset!

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:20pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
K, just checked and saw there's one of those stupid elimination polls for BAD as well. I don't like those things. Top 5's are better, more direct. I mon say.
Yeah, well I think we've done every top 5 in the history of the universe. :shifty:

The Clash elimination created a lot of good discussion, these things don't have to be taken that seriously. Just a chance to shoot the shit.
Oh for sure, but it just feels like the proverbial 'choosing between your children' thing. They just make me think in a sort of negative way about albums I love start to finish too much, as in the case of Clash (and to a slightly lesser extent BAD). And I'm just over those mind-scrambles at this stage.

Addendum: "Junkie Slip" rules!
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:33pm
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

Oh for sure, but it just feels like the proverbial 'choosing between your children' thing. They just make me think in a sort of negative way about albums I love start to finish too much, as in the case of Clash (and to a slightly lesser extent BAD). And I'm just over those mind-scrambles at this stage.
The Clash elimination was actually one big love-in, much to my surprise.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:35pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:

Excellent. And nobody quit the board due to someone disliking "Junkie Slip" or "Death Is a Star"?

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:43pm
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

Excellent. And nobody quit the board due to someone disliking "Junkie Slip" or "Death Is a Star"?
I made my feelings known about how much I dislike the former, but Flex is still here.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:50pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:

I made my feelings known about how much I dislike the former, but Flex is still here.
I shall now make my feelings known about robots: whereas, up until nine seconds ago I greatly feared and hated them - I now love them. :twitch: :shifty: :approve:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:54pm
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

I shall now make my feelings known about robots: whereas, up until nine seconds ago I greatly feared and hated them - I now love them. :twitch: :shifty: :approve:
You shall be one of the last humans enslaved in the robot uprising, this I promise. :approve:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:

Yeah funny how it went the way it did I wasn’t expecting it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
24 May 2019, 9:09pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:54pm
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:

You shall be one of the last humans enslaved in the robot uprising, this I promise. :approve:
You won't catch him he'll give you the robot slip.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:29pm
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
C'mon don't rock the boat.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2019, 9:29pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
Don’t push the boat over

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
24 May 2019, 10:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2019, 9:29pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

Don’t push the boat over
Ah yes the Forrest cover of Hues Corporations "Rock the Boat" I remember it well.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm well pleased with all the recent returns and I wish you'd stay Tom.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Ok, so this is embarrassing.

Long story short, yesterday was shit. Positively shit. Won’t bore you with the details but it was shit. I've got a great talent for beating myself up and making myself feel, well, shit. So last night I’m reading some of my IMCT posts and it comes to me, “you’re trying way too hard, posting too much trying to make everyone like you.” I felt like that annoying new kid or colleague trying to fit in with everyone and it quite frankly embarrassed me. Which of course led to my dramatic leaving message.

I have no desire to leave IMCT, after not even 24 hours I’m back, it’s a great community, not to mention slightly addictive. So I apologise for making a massive thing of it, and thank you for your messages. End of the day, I just let things get to me far too easily and though I’ve made myself look a bit stupid I want to keep posting nonsense daily.