The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by JennyB »

People want, nay, demand our opines on deli meats, Americana humbug, vans Mossad and kill, unicorns, Hoy poops, b-movies, and, uh, that band.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 4:31pm
People want, nay, demand our opines on deli meats, Americana humbug, vans Mossad and kill, unicorns, Hoy poops, b-movies, and, uh, that band.
Guitar Wolf?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 4:31pm
I had no idea how a thrown off baby sleep schedule would screw up my movements. I was even back on those magic but awful Trader Joe's bran muffins. Things are back to normal though. :cool:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

An IMCT observation: The "I don't read this thread" joke is one of my favourite things that this place came up with. It's such a goofy bit of humbling.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:16pm
An IMCT observation: The "I don't read this thread" joke is one of my favourite things that this place came up with. It's such a goofy bit of humbling.
I agree with this post. I've even tried to incorporate it on other platforms, but t's just not the same.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:16pm
I agree with this post. I've even tried to incorporate it on other platforms, but t's just not the same.
I was hoping somebody had brought this up earlier so I could create a hall of mirrors with it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Tep originated, like much of the other great things about IMCT.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:19pm
He didn't come up with it, did he? My recollection is that he was a common victim of the joke. I'm thinking Wolter came up with the joke originally.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
He didn't come up with it, did he? My recollection is that he was a common victim of the joke. I'm thinking Wolter came up with the joke originally.
I believe it was Tep saying "I don't read that thread." when someone linked him to a post covering something he'd just brought up.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I believe it was Tep saying "I don't read that thread." when someone linked him to a post covering something he'd just brought up.
Okay, maybe. Using Google, it might be eumaas, but possibly riffing off Tep.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31&start=15405#p190443

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Was it Wally? I thought it started with the (round) thread.

Someone needs to do a limited print run of The Quotable Tepista.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Is it possible to tweak the board software to search for only a set of words? Even if I put in the search engine the phrase "I don't read this thread," the results include any instance of don't, read, and thread, rather than just that phrase.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 7:20am
Is it possible to tweak the board software to search for only a set of words? Even if I put in the search engine the phrase "I don't read this thread," the results include any instance of don't, read, and thread, rather than just that phrase.
I searched around a bit, and this has apparently been a request for the devs since 2004ish! I don't think they ended up adding exact phrase searching because it's harder to incorporate than it might seem.

I suppose "I don't read this thread" can be one of the Great IMCT Mysteries (in the spiritual sense).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 2:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2018, 7:20am
I searched around a bit, and this has apparently been a request for the devs since 2004ish! I don't think they ended up adding exact phrase searching because it's harder to incorporate than it might seem.

I suppose "I don't read this thread" can be one of the Great IMCT Mysteries (in the spiritual sense).
Rats. Thanks for digging around a bit.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:41pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Okay, maybe. Using Google, it might be eumaas, but possibly riffing off Tep.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31&start=15405#p190443
This predates that: http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... ead#p74753

Not tep's original post, but clearly he wrote it around this time.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.