The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
24 May 2019, 6:52pm
BitterTom wrote:
24 May 2019, 5:57pm
Gonna take a break.

The last thing I want to do is get on nerves. I admit my tastes aren't always similar to the boards' but it was never faked. I do like shit music at the end of the day but I don't want to be, "look at me I like this and I know you lot hate them lol." Or words to that effect. I'm aware it's my problem as I probably post too much but like I said I don't want to be annoying at the end of the day and I feel I'm bordering on it. Thanks all though, this is clearly a tight knit community and you made me feel very welcome but I don't want to ruin that by.. me basically.
No!!! We really like you, Tom! Everything taste wise on here is a bitter battle because it’s ultimately pointless.
Yeah, totally. It's one of those things if we didn't like you we wouldn't be joking around like this. Take Flex for instance I never joke around or give home shit about stuff because I basically cant stand him.

Seriously though you've been great, it was cool you came back after a few years. I really do enjoy chatting with you about food and drink especially. I also think it is pretty cool having a butcher around..

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2019, 6:25pm
Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2019, 6:20pm
Plenty of people take time off, some for several years, they're remembered fondly and welcomed back when they return
Chico
You conveniently removed my condition about being a good egg. :naughty: God, I hope he gets his locally owned nose broken regularly.
Tad hateful, this. As in 'hate speech'. :naughty: Just a bit of the olde hyperbole I hope, Doc.
Chico was generally an ass.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:04pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2019, 6:20pm
Plenty of people take time off, some for several years, they're remembered fondly and welcomed back when they return
Chico
You conveniently removed my condition about being a good egg. :naughty: God, I hope he gets his locally owned nose broken regularly.
Tad hateful, this. As in 'hate speech'. :naughty: Just a bit of the olde hyperbole I hope, Doc.
To be sure. Very annoying, as he was on at least one other message board. But wishing someone repeated grievous bodily harm based on that...? :scared:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:09pm
revbob wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Chico
To be sure. Very annoying, as he was on at least one other message board. But wishing someone repeated grievous bodily harm based on that...? :scared:
I know Doc, and I know he'll be joking. He wouldn't wish real harm on anyone apart from Gene Simmons.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

muppet hi fi wrote:
revbob wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Chico
When Doc's not turning his chair around to sit and face his students and dropping knowledge he's out there busting up internet trolls.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Hyperbole is a common rhetorical device to convey depth of feeling. I could count on one hand the number of people who have come thru here that I truly disliked, but Chico worked hard to ensure inclusion on that list.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:11pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
revbob wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I know Doc, and I know he'll be joking. He wouldn't wish real harm on anyone apart from Gene Simmons.
I'm sure you're right. But right after his declaration of welcoming long-absent posters back with good fellowship and all, seems a bit hypocritical. And ugly. (I'm sure he couldn't give a rat's ass what I think anyway, as he, to me, inexplicably hates me anyway. I think it's because I enjoy Springsteen's music or something :twitch: ).

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:03pm
Take Flex for instance I never joke around or give home shit about stuff because I basically cant stand him.
NONE OF YOU ARE FREE FROM SIN ALL OF YOU ARE DAMNED

Tom, hope the new job goes well and hope your break isn't too long. You've very quickly become a top personality here and injected much life into this place.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston

Post by Heston »

I feel like leaving now to see if I can get some long overdue love. Can't keep away from the madhouse though, and you would vote off my favourite BAD songs while I was away.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:52pm
I feel like leaving now to see if I can get some long overdue love.
Sorry, your name again was …?

I would go insane here without my yang.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:55pm
Heston wrote:

I remember I had 5 days without posting about 4 years ago because it was Christmas and I had a sickness bug. I was heartened when Matedog asked where I was on the second day of being absent. :mrgreen:

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
I feel like leaving now to see if I can get some long overdue love. Can't keep away from the madhouse though, and you would vote off my favourite BAD songs while I was away.
"Sightsee MC", "Beyond the Pale", "Battle of All Saints Road", "Applecart", "Bottom Line" (full version) - right, you regrettable twat? (I mean you lovely top bloke ;)).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2019, 7:55pm
Heston wrote:

I remember I had 5 days without posting about 4 years ago because it was Christmas and I had a sickness bug. I was heartened when Matedog asked where I was on the second day of being absent. :mrgreen:
He felt his own energy begin to drain without his partner present.

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:05pm
Heston wrote:
"Sightsee MC", "Beyond the Pale", "Battle of All Saints Road", "Applecart", "Bottom Line" (full version) - right, you regrettable twat? (I mean you lovely top bloke ;)).
Applecart has aleady gone, much to my utter rage.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:09pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
24 May 2019, 8:05pm
Heston wrote:
Applecart has aleady gone, much to my utter rage.
K, just checked and saw there's one of those stupid elimination polls for BAD as well. I don't like those things. Top 5's are better, more direct. I mon say.