I need a good boffin.

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I need a good boffin.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:This thread title will never not be hilarious. Oh, UK slang. You make me really believe your island is full of hobbits.
Oi mate. Taht's teh pisstake.
I'm pretty sure pisstake is some kind of fried leftover concoction that Heston has on Sundays.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:This thread title will never not be hilarious. Oh, UK slang. You make me really believe your island is full of hobbits.
I'm pretty sure pisstake is some kind of fried leftover concoction that Heston has on Sundays.
Shortly before bumping one of his finest Kiss thread failures for a rematch.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
The Japanese pronounce it "piz-tahk-ee."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IMG_3141.JPG
IMG_3141.JPG (116.6 KiB) Viewed 12357 times
I deadpanned to the Apple guy, "Is that good?" He was also amused when I told B that I was uncomfortable with my computer looking into my soul and announcing its evaluation.

Anyway, new hard drive, five-day wait for the same reason that it takes that long to get Dapper Dan.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

How the fuck to you rip a song from an ancient MySpace page? Can anyone do it for me please?

I want to get track 4 from this list of songs. I can rip mp3s from YouTube but I'm clueless in this instance.

https://myspace.com/20thousandrockets/music/songs

Cheers in advance to any kind soul who can help me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:How the fuck to you rip a song from an ancient MySpace page? Can anyone do it for me please?

I want to get track 4 from this list of songs. I can rip mp3s from YouTube but I'm clueless in this instance.

I can record the stream and upload an mp3 of that. Would that work for you?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:How the fuck to you rip a song from an ancient MySpace page? Can anyone do it for me please?

Too right Doc, cheers.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Too right Doc, cheers.
Here ya go, chief: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4hcbbcz5py2c ... y.m4a?dl=0

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Too right Doc, cheers.
Here ya go, chief: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4hcbbcz5py2c ... y.m4a?dl=0
Lovely jubbly, cheers Doc.

Heston

Post by Heston »

So I go to my Windows Media Player this morning to find it empty, 10,000 songs gone! I googled the problem and I found you can "Recreate Media Library" in troubleshooting. I applied this fix but only 1,043 songs have come back. The other songs are still on my computer but not showing until I physically play them on the Media Player. Any ideas anyone?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
22 Feb 2017, 9:51am
So I go to my Windows Media Player this morning to find it empty, 10,000 songs gone! I googled the problem and I found you can "Recreate Media Library" in troubleshooting. I applied this fix but only 1,043 songs have come back. The other songs are still on my computer but not showing until I physically play them on the Media Player. Any ideas anyone?
You can't reimport the songs back into the app's catalogue? That is, if the mp3s files are still present, then it's a cataloguing problem, so it should just be a matter of reestablishing them back in the catalogue.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2017, 9:56am
Heston wrote:
You can't reimport the songs back into the app's catalogue? That is, if the mp3s files are still present, then it's a cataloguing problem, so it should just be a matter of reestablishing them back in the catalogue.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure a way to mass-import them rather than playing each individual song to get it into the library. The problem is the songs are dotted about all over my computer from different sources.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
22 Feb 2017, 10:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah, I'm trying to figure a way to mass-import them rather than playing each individual song to get it into the library. The problem is the songs are dotted about all over my computer from different sources.
The archivist in me says to move all your music files into one Library folder, but short of that do a computer-wide search for all files ending in .mp3 (and/or .m4a), then import the results into your player.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Can't WMP do a scan of your system for media files? Having thrm in one master folder with whatever subfolders would certainly make this all easier. There's also going with another media player like vlc.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2017, 10:24am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
The archivist in me says to move all your music files into one Library folder, but short of that do a computer-wide search for all files ending in .mp3 (and/or .m4a), then import the results into your player.
Ok Doc, I'm trying the latter, cheers.