RIP Hellboy

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jun 2008, 6:58pm

Wolter wrote:I think I read it was a cerebral aneurysm.
That's what was reported on a French board.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Heston » 16 Jun 2008, 7:45pm

RIP Hellboy.
One of the best posters round here, tragic news.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35352
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Marky Dread » 17 Jun 2008, 11:36am

Fucking tragic news God bless you Hellboy and rest in peace.
Image
Image

mr. diem

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by mr. diem » 17 Jun 2008, 11:33pm

r.i.p.

Suzanne H.
User avatar
The Cheese
Posts: 1926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:31pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Suzanne H. » 18 Jun 2008, 12:45am

I think this thread should be stickied.
Image
Image

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by threecoffins » 18 Jun 2008, 10:45am

Wow, this isn't the type of thing I was expecting coming back here. He seemed like a really cool and sincere guy, and he'll definitely be missed from the mix of people on the forum. I remember when I realized that the random Hellboys 7" I tacked on to an online order from machetemfg.com was his band. It contains a cool song called Bloodshot Eyes, which I'll have to spin when I get home today. RIP, Hellboy.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Rat Patrol » 18 Jun 2008, 10:51am

threecoffins wrote:Wow, this isn't the type of thing I was expecting coming back here. He seemed like a really cool and sincere guy, and he'll definitely be missed from the mix of people on the forum. I remember when I realized that the random Hellboys 7" I tacked on to an online order from machetemfg.com was his band. It contains a cool song called Bloodshot Eyes, which I'll have to spin when I get home today. RIP, Hellboy.
The band's website had a short blog post right around his death. I don't know if they've written more since. I know they've got downloads and stuff of their music.
Image

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by threecoffins » 18 Jun 2008, 11:06am

Rat Patrol wrote:
threecoffins wrote:Wow, this isn't the type of thing I was expecting coming back here. He seemed like a really cool and sincere guy, and he'll definitely be missed from the mix of people on the forum. I remember when I realized that the random Hellboys 7" I tacked on to an online order from machetemfg.com was his band. It contains a cool song called Bloodshot Eyes, which I'll have to spin when I get home today. RIP, Hellboy.
The band's website had a short blog post right around his death. I don't know if they've written more since. I know they've got downloads and stuff of their music.
Found a tribute here: http://web.mac.com/georgepratt/George_P ... _Acin.html

almo
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 9:17pm

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by almo » 19 Jun 2008, 12:05am

I get all excited over IMCT being back and I come back to this news. Fuck.

RIP, man...

laubai
Corner Soul
Posts: 25
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 6:37am

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by laubai » 20 Jun 2008, 6:44am

In fact, we don't really know how he died.
Maybe drug abuse, may be cerebral aneurysm.
here's a link of a tribute in the french magazine he was working for (Rock'n'Folk)
http://forumlibresurelvispresley.heberg ... -folk.html

Nikola was the lead singer of a french band called "The Hellboys".

Hope I'm not the last frenchy on board

bazarboy75
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1422
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:31pm

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by bazarboy75 » 20 Jun 2008, 7:49am

I red it was an overdose of medicament, but i do'nt have anymore informations ???
Some new INDIEGROUND tracks

https://soundcloud.com/indieground

Some old tracks
http://soundcloud.com/bazarboy

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Rat Patrol » 20 Jun 2008, 9:34am

bazarboy75 wrote:I red it was an overdose of medicament, but i do'nt have anymore informations ???
I think one of the boards did list a cause as cerebral aneurysm.
Image

bazarboy75
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1422
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:31pm

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by bazarboy75 » 20 Jun 2008, 9:39am

Well well well if you say so....
Some new INDIEGROUND tracks

https://soundcloud.com/indieground

Some old tracks
http://soundcloud.com/bazarboy

Tommy Gun
Corner Soul
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 3:03am

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Tommy Gun » 20 Jun 2008, 1:40pm

It's very sad, i really enjoyed his writting in Rock and Folk magazine. The article he made on Joe's Death was the best piece
of rock and roll, i've ever read ....

Tom

Tommy Gun
Corner Soul
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 3:03am

Re: RIP Hellboy

Post by Tommy Gun » 20 Jun 2008, 4:11pm

double post

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests