Merry New Year

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Merry New Year

Post by BostonBeaneater »

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: Merry New Year

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Happy New Year!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

May the next year be much more boring than we fear it will be.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Happy New Year!
Emma Goldman wrote:The business Christians have just celebrated Christmas. To increase their profits and heighten the glory of God, they have exploited the Savior to good purpose. Splendid success of redemption! Christ gave his blood to enable the churches and department stores to do better business. If, on the right hand of the Heavenly Father, he does not swear and curse over this success to shock the very angels, his heart is a lamb’s indeed.

Fortunately, we are atheists, not Christians, and in no wise responsible for the bitter disappointment of the Savior.

However, the hopes of Mother Earth for the new year depend neither on religious nor political calculations. They rest on the awakened consciousness of the people, upon whom depends the great and glorious future,—a new social structure built on freedom and well-being for all.
https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library ... e-new-year
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 9:09pm
Happy New Year!
Emma Goldman wrote:The business Christians have just celebrated Christmas. To increase their profits and heighten the glory of God, they have exploited the Savior to good purpose. Splendid success of redemption! Christ gave his blood to enable the churches and department stores to do better business. If, on the right hand of the Heavenly Father, he does not swear and curse over this success to shock the very angels, his heart is a lamb’s indeed.

Fortunately, we are atheists, not Christians, and in no wise responsible for the bitter disappointment of the Savior.

However, the hopes of Mother Earth for the new year depend neither on religious nor political calculations. They rest on the awakened consciousness of the people, upon whom depends the great and glorious future,—a new social structure built on freedom and well-being for all.
If she got a $29 dvd player on Boxing Day she'd change her tune. :rolleyes:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 9:26pm
Flex wrote:
Happy New Year!

It's funny because the rest of the article is a plea for people to renew their subscriptions to bring about the revolution. Emma was truly the original leftist podcaster.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 9:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 9:26pm
Flex wrote:
Happy New Year!

It's funny because the rest of the article is a plea for people to renew their subscriptions to bring about the revolution. Emma was truly the original leftist podcaster.
:lol: A pity she died before the discovery of the healing power of sacred crystals. She and the revolution would have made bank, son!

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Happy New Year!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Happy New Year, New York time. Hope this year's a good one for all of us.
Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes. - Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF

Flex

Post by Flex »

I'm making my wife watch the Jimi Hendrix band of gypsys live footage.

Pex Lives!

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Happy New Year everyone.

I mst admit I never really got into "celebrating" the calendar changing, just an excuse for people to get drunk, like St. Patrick's day only stupider, lol. I did fly to Vegas one NYE, arrived about 90 minutes to midnight, that was a fun one for sure. Probably the most memorable NYE in my life. I spent my NYE this year much like I spent NYE's in the 80's and early 90's, staying home and at midnight, turning on channel 13, the NYC Public Broadcasting station, who would show the movie Monty Python And The Holy Grail. So at midnight I clicked on my file and I watched that great great movie. Other than sex, I can't think of a better way to start a "new year".

A moose once bit my sister.
No realli!

I wish everyone peace.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Happy new year everyone, have a great 2024.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Here's to everybody on this board and their families have a safe and happy new year.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I was wandering around the village drinking.
IMG_6745.jpeg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 12:16pm
I was wandering around the village drinking.

IMG_6745.jpeg
So low key, nothing out of the ordinary.

I was tired and not feeling at all festive. My wife made rum cake and we watched Twilight Zone until we fell asleep.

Now Im going to help my daughter's friend move.