Post 1775

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Post 1775

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 10:51am
What was especially eye-rolling about the conservative faux outrage towards Nike this time around—I ain't wearing Nike no more, dag nabbit!—is that it was, what, a year ago that they said the same thing because Nike uses Kap as a spokesperson? So, they boycotted and quietly came back and are boycotting again? Yeah, Nike's just shaking.
They fail to understand that Nike knows what they're doing. Nike knows that the people who will boycott their brand are probably not the people who were buying their products in the first place.

This whole thing with "fake outrage" is getting pretty old. People get so easily outraged over what a NFL quarterback does or the skin color of a Disney character...but the things they should be outraged about like people having to crowdfund their cancer treatments don't register.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 11:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What was especially eye-rolling about the conservative faux outrage towards Nike this time around—I ain't wearing Nike no more, dag nabbit!—is that it was, what, a year ago that they said the same thing because Nike uses Kap as a spokesperson? So, they boycotted and quietly came back and are boycotting again? Yeah, Nike's just shaking.
They fail to understand that Nike knows what they're doing. Nike knows that the people who will boycott their brand are probably not the people who were buying their products in the first place.
Right—people who can drop a few hundred on running shoes are more likely not to be the kind who are going to be outraged anyway. Having Laura Ingraham denounce you isn't going to hurt if your customers don't give a fuck what she says.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This whole thing with "fake outrage" is getting pretty old. People get so easily outraged over what a NFL quarterback does or the skin color of a Disney character...but the things they should be outraged about like people having to crowdfund their cancer treatments don't register.
Did you advise Ben Elton on his new book?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 7:06pm
Heston wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 7:04pm
Come back when you're on 5,000 posts, amateur. Your quality of posts is high but we need sustained activity. The KISS thread depends on you.
I'm sticking here like shit to a blanket don't worry.
I'm real happy you're here buddy but please wash that blanket once in a while. Or at the very least take it outside and shake it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 5:31am
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
Come back when you're on 5,000 posts, amateur. Your quality of posts is high but we need sustained activity. The KISS thread depends on you.
I'm real happy you're here buddy but please wash that blanket once in a while. Or at the very least take it outside and shake it.
I've scraped the worst of it off!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 7:39am
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 5:31am
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
I've scraped the worst of it off!
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

In 2008, when I was in Córdoba, Andalusia I met four Americans and we got talking as we walked down to La Mezquita, which alongside the Alhambra is one of the great buildings from the Moorish Spain. One of the four was a male, and his name was Liberty. He was born in 1975, the 200th anniversary, hence his name. I suddenly realised that it was the 4th July as we walked, so I said, "Happy Birthday!" "Why do you say that?, today's not my birthday," he replied, "I was born in November." Ah, the irony!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 6:29pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Is it good?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 12:45pm
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Is it good?
It is laugh out loud brilliantly topical and funny. Was going to post about it when I finish (couple of pages left).

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 4:44pm
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Is it good?
It is laugh out loud brilliantly topical and funny. Was going to post about it when I finish (couple of pages left).
Excellent, I like him a lot. Upstart Crow has been a fun show.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 4:49pm
101Walterton wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 4:44pm
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Is it good?
Excellent, I like him a lot. Upstart Crow has been a fun show.
Identity Crisis