Steve's Been Banned

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8541
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Steve's Been Banned

Post by Inder » 01 Apr 2018, 5:47pm

If a person only ever comes to this board to upset or rile people up after a very specific kind of event in the US, then proves himself to be both a huge pain in the ass and a total asshole, I'd say about a decade's worth of tolerance of his HURRRRR I AM TOUGH INTERNET MAN schtick is about enough.

Steve's been banned by both username and IP. His account is still up (ie: not deleted) and none of his posts have been removed. If he tries to register a new account, that's going to be banned as well and he will be banned from this server via .htaccess.

This isn't a matter of disagreeing with a person's views or political opinions — it's a matter of dealing with a very unpleasant person who appears on IMCT once or twice a year to very deliberately wind everybody up.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Wolter » 01 Apr 2018, 6:40pm

I support this. It’s been at least a decade since he brought anything to the table but trolling.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74383
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Apr 2018, 6:57pm

I just thought of something: Steve's just been Micked. You know, kicked out of the band he started.

But even more importantly, you know what this means? Folks, we're about to make our Cut the Crap! Rendezvous with destiny time!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8541
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Inder » 01 Apr 2018, 8:17pm

To follow up, I just received this email:
No warning, no talking to me about it, hiding from me on Facebook. Have some balls. Why are you afraid of me? You're terrified to talk to me.

I broke no rules. I insulted no one. I attacked no one. I called no one a name. All I did was have an opinion that differed from the hives. I was called stupid. I was called a white nationalist. I was insulted. I didn't need a safe space though. How inclusive of you to ban the one person who has a different point of view from the collective. You say I wind you up. I can't help it if my opinion triggers you. What a cowardly thing to do.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Wolter » 01 Apr 2018, 8:23pm

Inder wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 8:17pm
To follow up, I just received this email:
No warning, no talking to me about it, hiding from me on Facebook. Have some balls. Why are you afraid of me? You're terrified to talk to me.

I broke no rules. I insulted no one. I attacked no one. I called no one a name. All I did was have an opinion that differed from the hives. I was called stupid. I was called a white nationalist. I was insulted. I didn't need a safe space though. How inclusive of you to ban the one person who has a different point of view from the collective. You say I wind you up. I can't help it if my opinion triggers you. What a cowardly thing to do.
He sucks so hard. He’s never forgiven this place for changing from his name.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13253
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Silent Majority » 01 Apr 2018, 8:35pm

"Trigger" "safe space" I think I got Breitbart bingo
The old man spoke up in a bar
Said "I never been in prison
A lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison"


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74383
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Apr 2018, 8:36pm

The lack of self-awareness of someone so up his own ass and straitjacketed by ideology. Yes, Inder must be terrified of him because Steve is such a commanding figure who has earned full repect. Like we couldn't tell how much he held us all in contempt. :rolleyes:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13253
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Silent Majority » 01 Apr 2018, 8:38pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 8:36pm
The lack of self-awareness of someone so up his own ass and straitjacketed by ideology. Yes, Inder must be terrified of him because Steve is such a commanding figure who has earned full repect. Like we couldn't tell how much he held us all in contempt. :rolleyes:
Real inclusive of you, man.
The old man spoke up in a bar
Said "I never been in prison
A lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison"


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74383
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Apr 2018, 8:46pm

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 8:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 8:36pm
The lack of self-awareness of someone so up his own ass and straitjacketed by ideology. Yes, Inder must be terrified of him because Steve is such a commanding figure who has earned full repect. Like we couldn't tell how much he held us all in contempt. :rolleyes:
Real inclusive of you, man.
I've excluded more worthy and intelligent assholes than Steve in my day. Undoubtedly he will spend his days interacting with great respect and reciprocity people of diverse faiths and ideologies, proving his rainbow coalition superiority to us all.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14924
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Rat Patrol » 02 Apr 2018, 12:24am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 6:57pm
I just thought of something: Steve's just been Micked. You know, kicked out of the band he started.

But even more importantly, you know what this means? Folks, we're about to make our Cut the Crap! Rendezvous with destiny time!

Look what broken shell of a man is threatening throat slashings to Internet anarshit savages in the year 2041 now, bitches!!! :whoa:
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by Wolter » 02 Apr 2018, 7:38am

Side note: anyone who dismissively uses the word “triggered” the way Steve did is a piece of shit. Triggering is a very real thing that happens to PTSD sufferers when they are forced to relive their trauma (and I mean re-LIVE, not just remember), not just a thing where someone is offended.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 739
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by WestwayKid » 02 Apr 2018, 8:55am

Wolter wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 7:38am
Side note: anyone who dismissively uses the word “triggered” the way Steve did is a piece of shit. Triggering is a very real thing that happens to PTSD sufferers when they are forced to relive their trauma (and I mean re-LIVE, not just remember), not just a thing where someone is offended.
Thank you for pointing this out. I was feeling the same way about that comment.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20295
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by matedog » 02 Apr 2018, 9:59am

Wolter wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 7:38am
Side note: anyone who dismissively uses the word “triggered” the way Steve did is a piece of shit. Triggering is a very real thing that happens to PTSD sufferers when they are forced to relive their trauma (and I mean re-LIVE, not just remember), not just a thing where someone is offended.
God, stop being such a snowflake.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20295
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by matedog » 02 Apr 2018, 10:17am

This is a bit less lassaiz faire than the general way things are run around here. I kinda liked him getting shot down by everyone here for his bullshit. It was pretty entertaining. That being said, as you've noted, he would only show up once or twice a year to try (and fail) to rile us up on whatever political thread, so I really don't feel too strongly about him being banned.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23135
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: Steve's Been Banned

Post by eumaas » 02 Apr 2018, 10:42am

when shall the menace known as "the mate dog" be removed from the premises??
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests