Happy Vince Day!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Happy Vince Day!

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 12:25pm
WestwayKid wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 11:47am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 9:26pm
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 9:14pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 8:42pm
Are you going to hibernate or something?
Come spend a winter in these parts. You'll get what I mean, ha ha! ;)

Your outdoor time is basically spent running from car to office and then from office to car - throw in having to clear snow every couple days. Seems like not much daylight - go to work in the dark - come home in the dark. I love summer so much - the kids and I are outside all of the time - just tough when it gets truly crummy outside. The more indoor space you can carve out - the better it is.
Where are you?
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather- ... winter.php

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
A t-shirt that I own and wear and everything:
Ha, ha! Awesome! Brew City Brand does some great designs! Sadly, I think we'll never live down the whole cannibal killer thing. If it was just 1, maybe...but 2...

Slightly funny story. My cousin and I went and saw Rollins Band do their Black Flag/West Memphis Three benefit show and we got tossed at the beginning of Henry's set for daring to jump up and down. We're out on the street - not the best part of Milwaukee - but not the worst...but also happened to have been Dahmer's neighborhood. There is a big old art deco hotel called the Ambassador that has since been remodeled and is now a really cool place - but back in 2003 - bit of a scary place. We head over there for a beer and end up crossing the street with Keith Morris (of Black Flag/Circle Jerks fame). He had sung the first set - covering his tenure with BF. He was friendly enough, but in a hurry to get on his way - where he was going, man, I have no idea - like I said - sketchy part of town. Anyway, we end up at Ambassador and start putting away some drinks and my cousin starts badgering the bartender - trying to get him to admit that Dahmer killed people in the hotel and the bartender keeps denying it. My cousin was like, "dude, I remember the court testimony...he said he brought out bodies in his suitcase!" Anyway, I digress. Milwaukee really is a great town!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heh. Luckily, postmodern life doesn't distinguish between fame and infamy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Your outdoor time is basically spent running from car to office and then from office to car - throw in having to clear snow every couple days. Seems like not much daylight - go to work in the dark - come home in the dark. I love summer so much - the kids and I are outside all of the time - just tough when it gets truly crummy outside. The more indoor space you can carve out - the better it is.
Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You live in Happy Days!!! When I was a kid that was the one place in the world I wanted to be. Did they actually film it there? Do they do Happy Days tours etc..

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 1:55pm
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You live in Happy Days!!! When I was a kid that was the one place in the world I wanted to be. Did they actually film it there? Do they do Happy Days tours etc..
Sadly, everything was filmed out in Los Angeles. The show set in Milwaukee - but that is the only connection. One of the show's creators was born and raised in Milwaukee and the iconic Arnold's Drive-In was loosely based on several Milwaukee frozen custard stands (they're all long gone). We do have a bronze statue of the Fonz downtown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Fonz.

Laverne & Shirley was also set in Milwaukee, as was That 70's Show in more recent times. I think they like to use Milwaukee because it is kind of the "base model" upper midwest American town: not too big, but not too small.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:08pm
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sadly, everything was filmed out in Los Angeles. The show set in Milwaukee - but that is the only connection. One of the show's creators was born and raised in Milwaukee and the iconic Arnold's Drive-In was loosely based on several Milwaukee frozen custard stands (they're all long gone). We do have a bronze statue of the Fonz downtown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Fonz.

Laverne & Shirley was also set in Milwaukee, as was That 70's Show in more recent times. I think they like to use Milwaukee because it is kind of the "base model" upper midwest American town: not too big, but not too small.
So even the outside scenes weren’t in Milwaukee, that’s sad but saved me a trip 😊

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:57pm
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

So even the outside scenes weren’t in Milwaukee, that’s sad but saved me a trip 😊
Yeah, nothing was filmed in Milwaukee...but still a fun town to visit! :)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I’m impressed we have thread drift from Happy Vince Day to Happy Days 😊

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 3:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:57pm
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Yeah, nothing was filmed in Milwaukee...but still a fun town to visit! :)
Every time I see a show filmed in the Hollywood Hills I marvel at how much it looks like the Korea of MASH.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 5:22pm
"Happy Days...starring Vince White as Richie Cunningham!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 10:18am
101Walterton wrote:
"Happy Days...starring Vince White as Richie Cuttingthroat!"

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 10:21am
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Ever seen the episode where Richie cuts Potsie's throat?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 10:31am
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 10:21am
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Ever seen the episode where Richie cuts Potsie's throat?
Did Richie then join a punk group and make a terrible record afterwards? If so yeah I've seen that episode. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia