Happy Vince Day!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Happy Vince Day!

Post by 101Walterton »

Are you going to hibernate or something?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 8:42pm
Come spend a winter in these parts. You'll get what I mean, ha ha! ;)

Your outdoor time is basically spent running from car to office and then from office to car - throw in having to clear snow every couple days. Seems like not much daylight - go to work in the dark - come home in the dark. I love summer so much - the kids and I are outside all of the time - just tough when it gets truly crummy outside. The more indoor space you can carve out - the better it is.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 9:14pm
101Walterton wrote:

Your outdoor time is basically spent running from car to office and then from office to car - throw in having to clear snow every couple days. Seems like not much daylight - go to work in the dark - come home in the dark. I love summer so much - the kids and I are outside all of the time - just tough when it gets truly crummy outside. The more indoor space you can carve out - the better it is.
Where are you?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 8:40pm
It is coming to quickly (yet, we still have way too many leaves on the trees)...but yeah - time to get the basement cozy. Not a finished basement - more of an underground bunker feel - but it feels good - and it if it dark and cold outside - no matter hanging out in the basement. Studio set up for painting and general arts and crafts - bar is mostly stocked - slot car track...and an area to sit and play. Winter in this part of the world is soul sucking and brutal...but anything to break up the cabin fever is a plus.
I can identify with the winter part.

Hey what kind of slot car tracks do you have? I remember doing this as a kid. Was great fun except when you'd hit those spots where you didnt have a good electrical connection between the car and the track and you'd have to push the car along.

I might get me one of these again.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 11:40pm
WestwayKid wrote:
It is coming to quickly (yet, we still have way too many leaves on the trees)...but yeah - time to get the basement cozy. Not a finished basement - more of an underground bunker feel - but it feels good - and it if it dark and cold outside - no matter hanging out in the basement. Studio set up for painting and general arts and crafts - bar is mostly stocked - slot car track...and an area to sit and play. Winter in this part of the world is soul sucking and brutal...but anything to break up the cabin fever is a plus.

Hey what kind of slot car tracks do you have? I remember doing this as a kid. Was great fun except when you'd hit those spots where you didnt have a good electrical connection between the car and the track and you'd have to push the car along.

25.25W got given a Scaletrix set a few years ago. Took forever to set it up but I loved it, he not so much.
I am sure it was much quicker than when I was a kid, I couldn’t keep the car on the track.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 1:28am
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

25.25W got given a Scaletrix set a few years ago. Took forever to set it up but I loved it, he not so much.
I am sure it was much quicker than when I was a kid, I couldn’t keep the car on the track.
I remember this being an issue too, but that was part of the skill right slowing down emough at the right points so that you would stay on the track.

Also I know nothing about this Vince character of which you all speak. While Doc and I disagree on some points ive never wanted to slit his throat. Well maybe once or twice but always in good fun nothing mean spirited.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 1:59am
101Walterton wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 1:28am
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I remember this being an issue too, but that was part of the skill right slowing down emough at the right points so that you would stay on the track.

Also I know nothing about this Vince character of which you all speak. While Doc and I disagree on some points ive never wanted to slit his throat. Well maybe once or twice but always in good fun nothing mean spirited.
Maybe it is just my reactions that are slower 😔

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 5:46pm
I've put most of my CD's into storage (their contents long converted to lossless digital files)...but yesterday I was getting basement ready for long Wisconsin winter...putting away a few plastic totes and one of the ones I grabbed had a copy of CtC on top. Pulled it out to look it over and my eyes were drawn to Vince...only because my time on this board have awakened me to just what a wonderful fellow he is! Ha, ha!
Ahhhh...your first taste of IMCT seeping into your life. :lol:

It won't be the last time.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 9:26pm
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Where are you?
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather- ... winter.php

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Just classic HO. We run out-of-the-box Tyco slot cars. I'm actually in a series that runs throughout the fall and winter. We're all big American open-wheel fans and it gives us something to do when it is so cold outside. Everyone has a track in their basement. We do the whole layout, so it looks more like a model train layout than simply some black slot car track on the basement floor.

Here's a link to our website: http://www.indyslotcar.com/

It really is more screwing around, laughing, drinking beer with your friends than it is competitive. We do not take it very seriously, but it is a lot of fun.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 10:29am
WestwayKid wrote:
I've put most of my CD's into storage (their contents long converted to lossless digital files)...but yesterday I was getting basement ready for long Wisconsin winter...putting away a few plastic totes and one of the ones I grabbed had a copy of CtC on top. Pulled it out to look it over and my eyes were drawn to Vince...only because my time on this board have awakened me to just what a wonderful fellow he is! Ha, ha!

Just wait till the new guy experiences his first EET Week.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 11:47am
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Home of the Violent Femmes!
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 10:29am
WestwayKid wrote:

Just wait till the new guy experiences his first EET Week.
Oh no. Poor guy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
A t-shirt that I own and wear and everything:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 12:19pm
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Where are you?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Home of the Violent Femmes!
...and Jerry Harrison of the Talking Heads!

I think Milwaukee's greatest contribution to rock music, however, is Les Paul - who was born in Waukesha, Wisconsin - which is the county due west of Milwaukee!