Just saw Chris Knowles...

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Just saw Chris Knowles...

Post by Rat Patrol »

threecoffins wrote:
22 May 2017, 12:40pm
JennyB wrote:
22 May 2017, 10:37am
threecoffins wrote:
21 May 2017, 9:10am
Haha! Well, to be honest I think of you turds fairly often and I'm gonna try to stay in touch again. :)
Hooray! You have been sorely missed 'round these here parts.
That's sweet of you. I was pretty pumped to see that basically nothing has changed here!
Except Wolter is now responsible for the upbringing of a child, Hoy will soon be the same with his own Bruceling-in-wait, and very low-information voters were somehow conned into electing Flex mayor of a small mountain town thus fulfilling the first of the Prophecies. Other than that...yeah, basically the same. Except the most recent fatwa of bodily harm to Doc from an E-list celebrity is from Mitch Williams' family and not one of the lesser members of Clash II this time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
23 May 2017, 7:41am
threecoffins wrote:
22 May 2017, 12:40pm
JennyB wrote:
22 May 2017, 10:37am
threecoffins wrote:
21 May 2017, 9:10am
Haha! Well, to be honest I think of you turds fairly often and I'm gonna try to stay in touch again. :)
Hooray! You have been sorely missed 'round these here parts.
That's sweet of you. I was pretty pumped to see that basically nothing has changed here!
Except Wolter is now responsible for the upbringing of a child, Hoy will soon be the same with his own Bruceling-in-wait, and very low-information voters were somehow conned into electing Flex mayor of a small mountain town thus fulfilling the first of the Prophecies. Other than that...yeah, basically the same. Except the most recent fatwa of bodily harm to Doc from an E-list celebrity is from Mitch Williams' family and not one of the lesser members of Clash II this time.
Wasn't the threat against Wolter? As far as I know, I'm still adored by all Williamses (Andy, Anson, Headless Ted …).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Thanks for the updates. I have indeed tracked some of your progress via the Facebook. I'm back in Toronto after 6 years of Joe job slogging in my hometown in order to work on music and film stuff. I've since parted ways with those collaborators and have moved back here with my missus and band project (working on our 2nd album). Trying to get back into multimedia for a day job at the moment. Oh yeah and a bouncer aggressively pulled my hair at one point.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Getting Rudy back is like adding a puppy to a family that's run out things to talk about! :mrgreen:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

tepista wrote:
24 May 2017, 4:08pm
Getting Rudy back is like adding a puppy to a family that's run out things to talk about! :mrgreen:
Yeah cmon guys! Distract me from my job applications! X(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
24 May 2017, 4:13pm
tepista wrote:
24 May 2017, 4:08pm
Yeah cmon guys! Distract me from my job applications! X(
Fuck, he's pissing on the floor again. Take the little bastard outside!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I don't think he had any love for me at the end of his time here, but I miss CK sometimes. Definitely CK in his heyday. He could be a fun shit-stirrer, and pretty generous of spirit when he was in the right frame of mind. I still remember him privately sharing a then-uncirculating low-gen Clash boot with me after some posts one day that made it clear I was in a shit mood. Very nice thing to do.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
24 May 2017, 4:40pm
I don't think he had any love for me at the end of his time here, but I miss CK sometimes. Definitely CK in his heyday. He could be a fun shit-stirrer, and pretty generous of spirit when he was in the right frame of mind. I still remember him privately sharing a then-uncirculating low-gen Clash boot with me after some posts one day that made it clear I was in a shit mood. Very nice thing to do.
He absolutely hated me, but I miss him as well.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

JennyB wrote:
24 May 2017, 4:44pm
Flex wrote:
24 May 2017, 4:40pm
He absolutely hated me, but I miss him as well.
I don't know what he thought about me, but I remember trying to engage in private chats with him and then regretting it due to his thousand word replies. I could never keep up with my feeble 2-finger typing. Definitely added flavour to the place for a while, anyway.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Chris was always entertaining but his wild conspiracy theories (especially the Clash ones) were quite perplexing.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Y'all are a lot more generous in assessment than me. I never got the sense that he actually liked the community, but wanted to be acknowledged as the smartest, punkest, most radical dude in the room. Way too much goalpost moving whenever he'd get called on shit (read: disagreed with). Conspiracy theories to prove his intelligence and your gullibility. And always able to come up with reasons why your fandom wasn't as legitimate as his own (you weren't there at the time, you haven't done the research, you don't have the right boots …). That said, he's a sharp guy, occasionally witty, and passionate guy. If I ever get to teach a general pop culture class, I'd seriously consider using his book as I think it encourages discussion. Don't wish him ill, but we're better without him.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 5:05pm
Y'all are a lot more generous in assessment than me. I never got the sense that he actually liked the community, but wanted to be acknowledged as the smartest, punkest, most radical dude in the room. Way too much goalpost moving whenever he'd get called on shit (read: disagreed with). Conspiracy theories to prove his intelligence and your gullibility. And always able to come up with reasons why your fandom wasn't as legitimate as his own (you weren't there at the time, you haven't done the research, you don't have the right boots …). That said, he's a sharp guy, occasionally witty, and passionate guy. If I ever get to teach a general pop culture class, I'd seriously consider using his book as I think it encourages discussion. Don't wish him ill, but we're better without him.
Well said. Experts are often dicks.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't necessarily disagree, but at his most entertaining and ingrained in the community, I always took his posturing as having a touch of self-awareness and being a bit less self-serious, qualities I think he dropped as he got more and more in his own head. I have some good memories of shooting the shit with him on the board, in PM, in chat, etc. I think he was sincerely engaged for a while. And that was when his critical reads on the Clash and Clash II were at their best. Not coincidentally, imho.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
24 May 2017, 5:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't necessarily disagree, but at his most entertaining and ingrained in the community, I always took his posturing as having a touch of self-awareness and being a bit less self-serious, qualities I think he dropped as he got more and more in his own head. I have some good memories of shooting the shit with him on the board, in PM, in chat, etc. I think he was sincerely engaged for a while. And that was when his critical reads on the Clash and Clash II were at their best. Not coincidentally, imho.
Yeah, I'm likely skewing my assessment based on his later incarnation (an especially nasty flaw for a historian). I mean, I did have some decent conversations with him at times and benefited from his perspective. And while his DCT threads were, I suspect, a stealth means of introducing contempt for the group, they did generate spirited discussion, which is always a good thing. (Heh, he's responsible for me not being quite the Clash fan I once was, so I'm one of his success stories.)

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I wish Chris the best.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/