Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26079
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Flex » 25 Jul 2018, 11:28am

At least with the Foundation I work with, our Grant's announcement ceremony is a morning of skiing.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16810
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by JennyB » 25 Jul 2018, 11:46am

Flex wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:28am
At least with the Foundation I work with, our Grant's announcement ceremony is a morning of skiing.
I'd kill for that.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26079
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Flex » 25 Jul 2018, 11:50am

JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:46am
I'd kill for that.
Then perhaps Wolter's time on this mortal plane has come to its logical conclusion... :shifty:
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16810
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by JennyB » 25 Jul 2018, 2:51pm

Flex wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:50am
JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:46am
I'd kill for that.
Then perhaps Wolter's time on this mortal plane has come to its logical conclusion... :shifty:
Oh, come on. I'd kill Hoy or Heston first. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Jul 2018, 3:04pm

JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 2:51pm
Flex wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:50am
JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:46am
I'd kill for that.
Then perhaps Wolter's time on this mortal plane has come to its logical conclusion... :shifty:
Oh, come on. I'd kill Hoy or Heston first. :shifty:
Reading between the lines, you don't reject the possibility of killing Wolter and winning the hearts of good people everywhere.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16810
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by JennyB » 25 Jul 2018, 3:11pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 3:04pm
JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 2:51pm
Flex wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:50am
JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:46am
I'd kill for that.
Then perhaps Wolter's time on this mortal plane has come to its logical conclusion... :shifty:
Oh, come on. I'd kill Hoy or Heston first. :shifty:
Reading between the lines, you don't reject the possibility of killing Wolter and winning the hearts of good people everywhere.
I don't reject it, per se, but he's not on the top of my kill list.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2018, 9:58am

I'll never understand how students process things. A student who didn't come to class for the first six weeks and missed the first two assignments altogether suddenly started showing up a few weeks ago, then turned in the most recent assignment late enough that the grade is automatically a zero. Why start doing the work now when passing the class is a near impossibility? The student would have to turn in those other assignments, getting a zero because of the lateness, and then somehow pull off A+ work the rest of the way to get a D-. Is this how the lottery industry succeeds?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16810
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by JennyB » 01 Nov 2018, 10:37am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:58am
I'll never understand how students process things. A student who didn't come to class for the first six weeks and missed the first two assignments altogether suddenly started showing up a few weeks ago, then turned in the most recent assignment late enough that the grade is automatically a zero. Why start doing the work now when passing the class is a near impossibility? The student would have to turn in those other assignments, getting a zero because of the lateness, and then somehow pull off A+ work the rest of the way to get a D-. Is this how the lottery industry succeeds?
That sounds like a recurring dream I have.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2018, 11:05am

JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:58am
I'll never understand how students process things. A student who didn't come to class for the first six weeks and missed the first two assignments altogether suddenly started showing up a few weeks ago, then turned in the most recent assignment late enough that the grade is automatically a zero. Why start doing the work now when passing the class is a near impossibility? The student would have to turn in those other assignments, getting a zero because of the lateness, and then somehow pull off A+ work the rest of the way to get a D-. Is this how the lottery industry succeeds?
That sounds like a recurring dream I have.
Ha! Yes, my one recurring dream is showing up for the first time on the last day of class having never done a lick of work (but my dream self always knows it's a dream, so I don't panic). It actually has some basis in truth for me, too. In my final year, I wanted a blow-off class and had never taken sociology, so registered for the intro course. The prof was a textbook lecturer, too, so as long as I read the textbook, I figured I didn't need to go to class. The thing is, I have zero memory of writing any midterm or final exam or any paper for the class. A complete zilch. My transcript says I got a B+ in it, but I don't recall a damned thing. I remember other classes from that year, but that sociology class is a total black hole in my memory. Which is why, I'm suppose, when I have that recurring dream, it's set in that soc class.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16810
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by JennyB » 01 Nov 2018, 11:16am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:05am
JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:58am
I'll never understand how students process things. A student who didn't come to class for the first six weeks and missed the first two assignments altogether suddenly started showing up a few weeks ago, then turned in the most recent assignment late enough that the grade is automatically a zero. Why start doing the work now when passing the class is a near impossibility? The student would have to turn in those other assignments, getting a zero because of the lateness, and then somehow pull off A+ work the rest of the way to get a D-. Is this how the lottery industry succeeds?
That sounds like a recurring dream I have.
Ha! Yes, my one recurring dream is showing up for the first time on the last day of class having never done a lick of work (but my dream self always knows it's a dream, so I don't panic). It actually has some basis in truth for me, too. In my final year, I wanted a blow-off class and had never taken sociology, so registered for the intro course. The prof was a textbook lecturer, too, so as long as I read the textbook, I figured I didn't need to go to class. The thing is, I have zero memory of writing any midterm or final exam or any paper for the class. A complete zilch. My transcript says I got a B+ in it, but I don't recall a damned thing. I remember other classes from that year, but that sociology class is a total black hole in my memory. Which is why, I'm suppose, when I have that recurring dream, it's set in that soc class.
I never know it's a dream while I am in it, and it always takes place in my Denver high school, never in my New Orleans or Jortsville high schools, or college or grad school. Dreams are weird.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2018, 11:26am

JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:16am
I never know it's a dream while I am in it, and it always takes place in my Denver high school, never in my New Orleans or Jortsville high schools, or college or grad school. Dreams are weird.
I haven't had this one for a long time, but I used to have a recurring dream of falling from a plane down to a hill by my elementary school where we'd go sledding during the winter. I'd hit the ground, curl up, and roll down the hill. I was never hurt but I was freaked out when I reached the bottom.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8879
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Kory » 08 Nov 2018, 2:00pm

My sense of academic guilt would never allow me to do anything that irresponsible. What a weird student. You should fail them on principal alone.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Nov 2018, 12:26pm

Next week, my class will be discussing Chairman Ralph's book.

I will be wearing The Shirt.

I have encouraged them to listen to CtC while reading.

I hope to recruit many wise men and street kids for Bernie.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16810
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by JennyB » 13 Nov 2018, 10:40am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 12:26pm
Next week, my class will be discussing Chairman Ralph's book.

I will be wearing The Shirt.

I have encouraged them to listen to CtC while reading.

I hope to recruit many wise men and street kids for Bernie.
And they say academia has gone down the tubes!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2018, 11:54am

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 12:26pm
Next week, my class will be discussing Chairman Ralph's book.

I will be wearing The Shirt.

I have encouraged them to listen to CtC while reading.

I hope to recruit many wise men and street kids for Bernie.
And they say academia has gone down the tubes!
And most in my department would point to my course as proof of that. At the same time, I know I encourage more critical imagination, that it's about becoming a better thinker than the course content—in truth, I don't especially give a fuck about the material as somehow edifying in and of itself—so I'm not all that bugged by those views.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests