Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

Post by Flex »

At least with the Foundation I work with, our Grant's announcement ceremony is a morning of skiing.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:28am
At least with the Foundation I work with, our Grant's announcement ceremony is a morning of skiing.
I'd kill for that.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:46am
I'd kill for that.
Then perhaps Wolter's time on this mortal plane has come to its logical conclusion... :shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:50am
JennyB wrote:
I'd kill for that.
Then perhaps Wolter's time on this mortal plane has come to its logical conclusion... :shifty:
Oh, come on. I'd kill Hoy or Heston first. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 2:51pm
Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I'd kill for that.
Reading between the lines, you don't reject the possibility of killing Wolter and winning the hearts of good people everywhere.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 3:04pm
JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 2:51pm
Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I'd kill for that.
Reading between the lines, you don't reject the possibility of killing Wolter and winning the hearts of good people everywhere.
I don't reject it, per se, but he's not on the top of my kill list.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'll never understand how students process things. A student who didn't come to class for the first six weeks and missed the first two assignments altogether suddenly started showing up a few weeks ago, then turned in the most recent assignment late enough that the grade is automatically a zero. Why start doing the work now when passing the class is a near impossibility? The student would have to turn in those other assignments, getting a zero because of the lateness, and then somehow pull off A+ work the rest of the way to get a D-. Is this how the lottery industry succeeds?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:58am
I'll never understand how students process things. A student who didn't come to class for the first six weeks and missed the first two assignments altogether suddenly started showing up a few weeks ago, then turned in the most recent assignment late enough that the grade is automatically a zero. Why start doing the work now when passing the class is a near impossibility? The student would have to turn in those other assignments, getting a zero because of the lateness, and then somehow pull off A+ work the rest of the way to get a D-. Is this how the lottery industry succeeds?
That sounds like a recurring dream I have.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! Yes, my one recurring dream is showing up for the first time on the last day of class having never done a lick of work (but my dream self always knows it's a dream, so I don't panic). It actually has some basis in truth for me, too. In my final year, I wanted a blow-off class and had never taken sociology, so registered for the intro course. The prof was a textbook lecturer, too, so as long as I read the textbook, I figured I didn't need to go to class. The thing is, I have zero memory of writing any midterm or final exam or any paper for the class. A complete zilch. My transcript says I got a B+ in it, but I don't recall a damned thing. I remember other classes from that year, but that sociology class is a total black hole in my memory. Which is why, I'm suppose, when I have that recurring dream, it's set in that soc class.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:05am
JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! Yes, my one recurring dream is showing up for the first time on the last day of class having never done a lick of work (but my dream self always knows it's a dream, so I don't panic). It actually has some basis in truth for me, too. In my final year, I wanted a blow-off class and had never taken sociology, so registered for the intro course. The prof was a textbook lecturer, too, so as long as I read the textbook, I figured I didn't need to go to class. The thing is, I have zero memory of writing any midterm or final exam or any paper for the class. A complete zilch. My transcript says I got a B+ in it, but I don't recall a damned thing. I remember other classes from that year, but that sociology class is a total black hole in my memory. Which is why, I'm suppose, when I have that recurring dream, it's set in that soc class.
I never know it's a dream while I am in it, and it always takes place in my Denver high school, never in my New Orleans or Jortsville high schools, or college or grad school. Dreams are weird.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:16am
I never know it's a dream while I am in it, and it always takes place in my Denver high school, never in my New Orleans or Jortsville high schools, or college or grad school. Dreams are weird.
I haven't had this one for a long time, but I used to have a recurring dream of falling from a plane down to a hill by my elementary school where we'd go sledding during the winter. I'd hit the ground, curl up, and roll down the hill. I was never hurt but I was freaked out when I reached the bottom.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

My sense of academic guilt would never allow me to do anything that irresponsible. What a weird student. You should fail them on principal alone.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Next week, my class will be discussing Chairman Ralph's book.

I will be wearing The Shirt.

I have encouraged them to listen to CtC while reading.

I hope to recruit many wise men and street kids for Bernie.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 12:26pm

And they say academia has gone down the tubes!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 12:26pm

And they say academia has gone down the tubes!
And most in my department would point to my course as proof of that. At the same time, I know I encourage more critical imagination, that it's about becoming a better thinker than the course content—in truth, I don't especially give a fuck about the material as somehow edifying in and of itself—so I'm not all that bugged by those views.