IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 10:06am
I breathed a deep sigh of relief when I saw I had not chimed in on that thread.
On reflection, purging the world of everything we said prior to the financial crash of '08 has done everybody a huge favour.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Oh, there's about 12,000 thread pages from '04-07 snapshotted on Wayback Machine. It's all an unsorted mess of URL's...heavy on the DCT and boots trading stuff and not so much the GNDA stuff because that's what stuck out in page views to the crawler bots.

But I've already uncovered a vintage Combat Rock cripple fight, a Mathtits moment in the '05 MLB thread, one of my long-lost Clash II siggy Photoshops-cum-scat sight gags, lots of quaint-by-comparison Dictator ruminations on Bush's first term, and a golden-oldie Hoy avatar amongst other things. My blackmail bookmarks folder got a bit fuller last night amidst my insomnia. :shifty: :ugeek:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I still have the Skye Sweetnam drawing.

EDIT: taking aside the worst aspects of that discussion: a WWII era woman pilot battling the Nazis in a plane possessed by the Red Baron is a story that writes itself.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:57am
Oh, there's about 12,000 thread pages from '04-07 snapshotted on Wayback Machine. It's all an unsorted mess of URL's...heavy on the DCT and boots trading stuff and not so much the GNDA stuff because that's what stuck out in page views to the crawler bots.

But I've already uncovered a vintage Combat Rock cripple fight, a Mathtits moment in the '05 MLB thread, one of my long-lost Clash II siggy Photoshops-cum-scat sight gags, lots of quaint-by-comparison Dictator ruminations on Bush's first term, and a golden-oldie Hoy avatar amongst other things. My blackmail bookmarks folder got a bit fuller last night amidst my insomnia. :shifty: :ugeek:
Albatross.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:59am
I still have the Skye Sweetnam drawing.

EDIT: taking aside the worst aspects of that discussion: a WWII era woman pilot battling the Nazis in a plane possessed by the Red Baron is a story that writes itself.
Especially the used-to-be-a-he part. :idea:

Don't worry...I've got one thread blast from the past that'll blow your mind in particular. I'll have to find it this eve. when I'm not pecking on a phone from a rattling city bus in Dorchester traffic.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 12:04pm
Rat Patrol wrote:

Albatross.
1080p HDMI cables albatross!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:

I have no idea what that could be.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Rat Patrol wrote:
29 May 2015, 3:21pm
matedog wrote:This thread is excellent.
It's all about removing any and all sense of the original context, especially from threads where context was so very tenuous to begin with.
I don’t understand. So what makes this thread any different to every other IMCT thread?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

The username Jerry Curl was a blast from the past.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 6:29pm
I’m not mistaken that he became Still216?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 6:33pm
Heston wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 6:29pm
I’m not mistaken that he became Still216?
Ah right.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board