IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Silent Majority » 28 Mar 2018, 11:18am

matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 10:06am
I breathed a deep sigh of relief when I saw I had not chimed in on that thread.
On reflection, purging the world of everything we said prior to the financial crash of '08 has done everybody a huge favour.
Ain't no man in this land
Who gets up and works for fifty grand


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15166
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Rat Patrol » 28 Mar 2018, 11:57am

Oh, there's about 12,000 thread pages from '04-07 snapshotted on Wayback Machine. It's all an unsorted mess of URL's...heavy on the DCT and boots trading stuff and not so much the GNDA stuff because that's what stuck out in page views to the crawler bots.

But I've already uncovered a vintage Combat Rock cripple fight, a Mathtits moment in the '05 MLB thread, one of my long-lost Clash II siggy Photoshops-cum-scat sight gags, lots of quaint-by-comparison Dictator ruminations on Bush's first term, and a golden-oldie Hoy avatar amongst other things. My blackmail bookmarks folder got a bit fuller last night amidst my insomnia. :shifty: :ugeek:
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Wolter » 28 Mar 2018, 11:59am

I still have the Skye Sweetnam drawing.

EDIT: taking aside the worst aspects of that discussion: a WWII era woman pilot battling the Nazis in a plane possessed by the Red Baron is a story that writes itself.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Silent Majority » 28 Mar 2018, 12:04pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:57am
Oh, there's about 12,000 thread pages from '04-07 snapshotted on Wayback Machine. It's all an unsorted mess of URL's...heavy on the DCT and boots trading stuff and not so much the GNDA stuff because that's what stuck out in page views to the crawler bots.

But I've already uncovered a vintage Combat Rock cripple fight, a Mathtits moment in the '05 MLB thread, one of my long-lost Clash II siggy Photoshops-cum-scat sight gags, lots of quaint-by-comparison Dictator ruminations on Bush's first term, and a golden-oldie Hoy avatar amongst other things. My blackmail bookmarks folder got a bit fuller last night amidst my insomnia. :shifty: :ugeek:
Albatross.
Ain't no man in this land
Who gets up and works for fifty grand


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15166
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Rat Patrol » 28 Mar 2018, 12:08pm

Wolter wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:59am
I still have the Skye Sweetnam drawing.

EDIT: taking aside the worst aspects of that discussion: a WWII era woman pilot battling the Nazis in a plane possessed by the Red Baron is a story that writes itself.
Especially the used-to-be-a-he part. :idea:


Don't worry...I've got one thread blast from the past that'll blow your mind in particular. I'll have to find it this eve. when I'm not pecking on a phone from a rattling city bus in Dorchester traffic.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76432
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Mar 2018, 12:12pm

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 12:04pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:57am
Oh, there's about 12,000 thread pages from '04-07 snapshotted on Wayback Machine. It's all an unsorted mess of URL's...heavy on the DCT and boots trading stuff and not so much the GNDA stuff because that's what stuck out in page views to the crawler bots.

But I've already uncovered a vintage Combat Rock cripple fight, a Mathtits moment in the '05 MLB thread, one of my long-lost Clash II siggy Photoshops-cum-scat sight gags, lots of quaint-by-comparison Dictator ruminations on Bush's first term, and a golden-oldie Hoy avatar amongst other things. My blackmail bookmarks folder got a bit fuller last night amidst my insomnia. :shifty: :ugeek:
Albatross.
1080p HDMI cables albatross!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by matedog » 28 Mar 2018, 3:02pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:57am
Oh, there's about 12,000 thread pages from '04-07 snapshotted on Wayback Machine. It's all an unsorted mess of URL's...heavy on the DCT and boots trading stuff and not so much the GNDA stuff because that's what stuck out in page views to the crawler bots.

But I've already uncovered a vintage Combat Rock cripple fight, a Mathtits moment in the '05 MLB thread, one of my long-lost Clash II siggy Photoshops-cum-scat sight gags, lots of quaint-by-comparison Dictator ruminations on Bush's first term, and a golden-oldie Hoy avatar amongst other things. My blackmail bookmarks folder got a bit fuller last night amidst my insomnia. :shifty: :ugeek:
I have no idea what that could be.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by 101Walterton » 28 Mar 2018, 3:28pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
29 May 2015, 3:21pm
matedog wrote:This thread is excellent.
It's all about removing any and all sense of the original context, especially from threads where context was so very tenuous to begin with.
I don’t understand. So what makes this thread any different to every other IMCT thread?

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27771
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Heston » 28 Mar 2018, 6:29pm

The username Jerry Curl was a blast from the past.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Wolter » 28 Mar 2018, 6:33pm

Heston wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 6:29pm
The username Jerry Curl was a blast from the past.
I’m not mistaken that he became Still216?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27771
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: IMCT Random Post Funtime Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Heston » 28 Mar 2018, 6:37pm

Wolter wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 6:33pm
Heston wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 6:29pm
The username Jerry Curl was a blast from the past.
I’m not mistaken that he became Still216?
Ah right.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests