Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

General music discussion.
TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1536
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 10 Feb 2014, 3:57am

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.
I've heard he's a prick.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14827
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by 101Walterton » 10 Feb 2014, 2:57pm

I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Feb 2014, 7:13pm

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.
I've heard he's a prick.
Nah, and he wasn't Kicking Up A Fuss, either.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1536
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 10 Feb 2014, 9:14pm

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.
I've heard he's a prick.
Nah, and he wasn't Kicking Up A Fuss, either.
Yeah, he's too old now.

Purple Hayes
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 7:54am
Location: Still scoring from corners..

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by Purple Hayes » 10 Feb 2014, 9:21pm

101Walterton wrote:I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!
Didn't happen to use one of his computers to look at dodgy stuff on the internet ? :shifty:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14827
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by 101Walterton » 10 Feb 2014, 9:34pm

Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!
Didn't happen to use one of his computers to look at dodgy stuff on the internet ? :shifty:
Was a record shop, didn't have computers and the internet wasn't invented :disshame:

Purple Hayes
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 7:54am
Location: Still scoring from corners..

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by Purple Hayes » 10 Feb 2014, 9:37pm

101Walterton wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!
Didn't happen to use one of his computers to look at dodgy stuff on the internet ? :shifty:
Was a record shop, didn't have computers and the internet wasn't invented :disshame:
That's a relief...

So, Pete, hows the you know book coming? (Cue: Stewie Griffin type inquisition)...
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

BR16ADE_R055E
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:25pm
Location: Winterland/Mabuhay Gardens

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by BR16ADE_R055E » 10 Feb 2014, 11:10pm

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.
I've heard he's a prick.
Nah, and he wasn't Kicking Up A Fuss, either.
Yeah, he's too old now.
But he's still a Local Hero.

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Dec 2016, 1:10pm

Around 1990 I sold bootleg tapes on St. Marks Place, back when it was still cool to just set up shop there on the street. I've most of my NY punk heroes including Joey, Dee Dee and Marky along with Johnny Thunders, made friends with Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and used to drink with him and Michael Monroe at the Hanoi Rocks lounge in the East Village, heard great stories about Iggy and Stiv. Also kinda made friends with the lead singer of Psychedelic Furs Richard Butler but he had a new band I can't remember the name of them. I also almost was in a band with David Peel, actually auditioned for him playing Anarchy in the UK on guitar in his apartment but decided I didn't want to be in his band cause he was a little weird so i stopped answering his phone calls. Opened for 7 Seconds, Kev and Steve are great guys and also was on a bill with Social D, Mike Ness is a good guy. There is many more but I can't remember right now
Last edited by coffeepotman on 27 Dec 2016, 1:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Dec 2016, 1:11pm

Double post Oooops

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Dec 2016, 7:02pm

coffeepotman wrote:Around 1990 I sold bootleg tapes on St. Marks Place, back when it was still cool to just set up shop there on the street. I've most of my NY punk heroes including Joey, Dee Dee and Marky along with Johnny Thunders, made friends with Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and used to drink with him and Michael Monroe at the Hanoi Rocks lounge in the East Village, heard great stories about Iggy and Stiv. Also kinda made friends with the lead singer of Psychedelic Furs Richard Butler but he had a new band I can't remember the name of them. I also almost was in a band with David Peel, actually auditioned for him playing Anarchy in the UK on guitar in his apartment but decided I didn't want to be in his band cause he was a little weird so i stopped answering his phone calls. Opened for 7 Seconds, Kev and Steve are great guys and also was on a bill with Social D, Mike Ness is a good guy. There is many more but I can't remember right now
Love Spit Love.
Image
Image

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Dec 2016, 7:19pm

Ah yes, that's it, I just love the Furs first album, he was a nice guy came by the stand and hung out often. I also worked in a doctors office and had Jeff Hyman as a patient, I took pictures of his eyes, well only one of them, we talked for a while and then I said I know who you are and he replyed " Uh I guess you got me sussed". Sweet guy, after that he would come by the stand since he lived just around the corner and would hang out at the Continental Divide which used to be a GREAT rock and roll bar. Also met Sylvain Sylvain there, he did a Friday night residency for a month. And once when I was living in Florida I saw Iggy and we ended up in the mens room together so he took a piss in the sink.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by Silent Majority » 27 Dec 2016, 7:46pm

coffeepotman wrote:Around 1990 I sold bootleg tapes on St. Marks Place, back when it was still cool to just set up shop there on the street. I've most of my NY punk heroes including Joey, Dee Dee and Marky along with Johnny Thunders, made friends with Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and used to drink with him and Michael Monroe at the Hanoi Rocks lounge in the East Village, heard great stories about Iggy and Stiv. Also kinda made friends with the lead singer of Psychedelic Furs Richard Butler but he had a new band I can't remember the name of them. I also almost was in a band with David Peel, actually auditioned for him playing Anarchy in the UK on guitar in his apartment but decided I didn't want to be in his band cause he was a little weird so i stopped answering his phone calls. Opened for 7 Seconds, Kev and Steve are great guys and also was on a bill with Social D, Mike Ness is a good guy. There is many more but I can't remember right now
Would have loved to have met any of the Ramones.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Dec 2016, 8:03pm

Joey and Marky were really nice people, you would see them on the street all the time and since they knew me I would talk to them just like "whats up?" Joey loved scratch off lottery tix. I met Johnny in the old Tower video...he looked cool as hell in a denim jacket with beautiful hair, just renting a video. I helped Dee Dee find his home on 10th street, he was so waysted but he was very sweet. Never met Tommy, bet you could have a good conversation with him.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4210
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by muppet hi fi » 27 Dec 2016, 8:28pm

I spent Christmas eve with Danny Sage from D Generation (my niece's boyfriend, in town from NYC). Lovely guy (and monster guitarist); he was buddies with Joey, Dee Dee, Johnny, loads of others. Was friends with Strummer (who was a big fan of DGeneration) and Robert Quine, hung out with Springsteen a bit, knew various Dolls. Didn't have time to get more stories from him, as we were both just back and forth with the music craic all night. Very interesting and sweet dude he is.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests