Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:Other than that, I had a piss next to "Doctor" from Doctor and the Medics
How did you know it was him? Not exactly a household face.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:Other than that, I had a piss next to "Doctor" from Doctor and the Medics
He was there with his band playing a gig.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What were you doing there?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Watching the band. It was free admission and a chance to see a chart topping pop act.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Watching the band. It was free admission and a chance to see a chart topping pop act.
I can't accept that. What were you really doing there? You're running a grift right?

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:I've had a smoke with Joe Strummer and interviewed Mick for my mate's college rag. Are they Rock Stars?

Other than that, I had a piss next to "Doctor" from Doctor and the Medics, we talked about Sandinista for a while. Also had a fight with the lead singer from Eddie and the Hot Rods in 1999.
Yeah, tell him to get out of Denver.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

I met Billy MacKenzie of The Associates at an ATM when the band had just gone mega in the UK in 1982. He was confused, holding the card, and asked, "What do I do?" I told him to put the card in the slot and enter his PIN. "What's a PIN?" he asked, "you don't mean a pin?". I told him about the our digit code he had for his card, and he told me it wasn't his, it was his mum's, and he didn't know her number. "What's yours?" he asked, like it would work.

Does he count as a rock star? For a brief moment, Billy was the tops. And he wrote a song for Shirley Bassie,which pleased his mum.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I met Billy Zoom and he was really nice to me. What did I do wrong? :disshame:

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Whitney Houston said "Hello" to me. :meh:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:I met Billy Zoom and he was really nice to me. What did I do wrong? :disshame:
I've heard that from several people.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:I've had a smoke with Joe Strummer and interviewed Mick for my mate's college rag. Are they Rock Stars?

Other than that, I had a piss next to "Doctor" from Doctor and the Medics, we talked about Sandinista for a while. Also had a fight with the lead singer from Eddie and the Hot Rods in 1999.
I regularly had a piss next to Martin Fry as he used to frequent my local in Westbourne Grove as did Motörhead and Ms James etc..from Transvision Vamp.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:I met Billy Zoom and he was really nice to me. What did I do wrong? :disshame:
I've heard that from several people.
Perhaps he's got better. Look at Mick! Seriously, X was very reticent to take him back.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:

I regularly had a piss next to Martin Fry as he used to frequent my local in Westbourne Grove as did Motörhead and Ms James etc..from Transvision Vamp.
Does that make you that weirdo obsessive who was stalking her online or somesuch?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

No, I went to school with one of the band he was a friend of mine.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I rode an elevator with Bret Michaels once. That's not a euphemism. I was just on the same elevator with him. I had no interest in talking to him.

Mick waved hi to me. I should have met Joe after a show, but i was really smhammerd and got sick. Kicking myself for that one.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy