Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

General music discussion.
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Oh my gawd!! Look! A rock star!!!

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.
I've heard he's a prick.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I've met the singer of Blow-Up. No, we weren't hanging out at the 7-11.
I've heard he's a prick.
Nah, and he wasn't Kicking Up A Fuss, either.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
I've heard he's a prick.
Yeah, he's too old now.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

101Walterton wrote:I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!
Didn't happen to use one of his computers to look at dodgy stuff on the internet ? :shifty:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:I worked in Pete Townsend's family business, never met him but I know his wife and all of his in-laws!!
Didn't happen to use one of his computers to look at dodgy stuff on the internet ? :shifty:
Was a record shop, didn't have computers and the internet wasn't invented :disshame:

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

101Walterton wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
Was a record shop, didn't have computers and the internet wasn't invented :disshame:
That's a relief...

So, Pete, hows the you know book coming? (Cue: Stewie Griffin type inquisition)...
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
I've heard he's a prick.
Yeah, he's too old now.
But he's still a Local Hero.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Around 1990 I sold bootleg tapes on St. Marks Place, back when it was still cool to just set up shop there on the street. I've most of my NY punk heroes including Joey, Dee Dee and Marky along with Johnny Thunders, made friends with Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and used to drink with him and Michael Monroe at the Hanoi Rocks lounge in the East Village, heard great stories about Iggy and Stiv. Also kinda made friends with the lead singer of Psychedelic Furs Richard Butler but he had a new band I can't remember the name of them. I also almost was in a band with David Peel, actually auditioned for him playing Anarchy in the UK on guitar in his apartment but decided I didn't want to be in his band cause he was a little weird so i stopped answering his phone calls. Opened for 7 Seconds, Kev and Steve are great guys and also was on a bill with Social D, Mike Ness is a good guy. There is many more but I can't remember right now
Last edited by coffeepotman on 27 Dec 2016, 1:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Double post Oooops

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:Around 1990 I sold bootleg tapes on St. Marks Place, back when it was still cool to just set up shop there on the street. I've most of my NY punk heroes including Joey, Dee Dee and Marky along with Johnny Thunders, made friends with Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and used to drink with him and Michael Monroe at the Hanoi Rocks lounge in the East Village, heard great stories about Iggy and Stiv. Also kinda made friends with the lead singer of Psychedelic Furs Richard Butler but he had a new band I can't remember the name of them. I also almost was in a band with David Peel, actually auditioned for him playing Anarchy in the UK on guitar in his apartment but decided I didn't want to be in his band cause he was a little weird so i stopped answering his phone calls. Opened for 7 Seconds, Kev and Steve are great guys and also was on a bill with Social D, Mike Ness is a good guy. There is many more but I can't remember right now
Love Spit Love.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Ah yes, that's it, I just love the Furs first album, he was a nice guy came by the stand and hung out often. I also worked in a doctors office and had Jeff Hyman as a patient, I took pictures of his eyes, well only one of them, we talked for a while and then I said I know who you are and he replyed " Uh I guess you got me sussed". Sweet guy, after that he would come by the stand since he lived just around the corner and would hang out at the Continental Divide which used to be a GREAT rock and roll bar. Also met Sylvain Sylvain there, he did a Friday night residency for a month. And once when I was living in Florida I saw Iggy and we ended up in the mens room together so he took a piss in the sink.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

coffeepotman wrote:Around 1990 I sold bootleg tapes on St. Marks Place, back when it was still cool to just set up shop there on the street. I've most of my NY punk heroes including Joey, Dee Dee and Marky along with Johnny Thunders, made friends with Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and used to drink with him and Michael Monroe at the Hanoi Rocks lounge in the East Village, heard great stories about Iggy and Stiv. Also kinda made friends with the lead singer of Psychedelic Furs Richard Butler but he had a new band I can't remember the name of them. I also almost was in a band with David Peel, actually auditioned for him playing Anarchy in the UK on guitar in his apartment but decided I didn't want to be in his band cause he was a little weird so i stopped answering his phone calls. Opened for 7 Seconds, Kev and Steve are great guys and also was on a bill with Social D, Mike Ness is a good guy. There is many more but I can't remember right now
Would have loved to have met any of the Ramones.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Joey and Marky were really nice people, you would see them on the street all the time and since they knew me I would talk to them just like "whats up?" Joey loved scratch off lottery tix. I met Johnny in the old Tower video...he looked cool as hell in a denim jacket with beautiful hair, just renting a video. I helped Dee Dee find his home on 10th street, he was so waysted but he was very sweet. Never met Tommy, bet you could have a good conversation with him.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

I spent Christmas eve with Danny Sage from D Generation (my niece's boyfriend, in town from NYC). Lovely guy (and monster guitarist); he was buddies with Joey, Dee Dee, Johnny, loads of others. Was friends with Strummer (who was a big fan of DGeneration) and Robert Quine, hung out with Springsteen a bit, knew various Dolls. Didn't have time to get more stories from him, as we were both just back and forth with the music craic all night. Very interesting and sweet dude he is.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs