Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Oct 2015, 4:49pm

Marky Dread wrote:Oi Tep where are the new questions?
Image
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by tepista » 02 Oct 2015, 7:34pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Oi Tep where are the new questions?
Oh yeah. I'll put some up this weekend. If i recall, i was a little unimpressed with the easy mult choice questions.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Oct 2015, 7:45pm

tepista wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Oi Tep where are the new questions?
Oh yeah. I'll put some up this weekend. If i recall, i was a little unimpressed with the easy mult choice questions.
:cool:
Image
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by tepista » 04 Oct 2015, 4:18pm

What Beatles song did Joe Cocker perform at Woodstck?

Who wrote the song "Early Morning Rain" for Peter, Paul & Mary?
a) John Denver
b) Gordon Lightfoot
c) Randy Newman
d) Bob Dylan

What group won a Grammy for "Give it Away"?

Who produced the 1995 Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks album Orange Crate Art?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Oct 2015, 4:26pm

1. "Theme From the Wonder Years" (Lennon/McCartney)
2. If Gordon Lightfoot is ever an option, pick it like an itchy scab.
3. RHP
4. Jose Unidos
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Oct 2015, 5:33pm

1. With A Little Help From My Friends

2. As the Doc says.

3. Blue Cold Pepper Corns

4. Van Dyke Parks
Image
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by tepista » 04 Oct 2015, 9:02pm

Dr. Medulla wrote: 3. RHP
no Chili?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by tepista » 04 Oct 2015, 9:05pm

What's the name of Kanye West's 2005 Grammy winning album?
a) Good Ass Job
b) Late Registration
c) Graduation
d) The College Dropout

"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" was a hit song by what group?

What musician's album Civilization Phase III was released after his death?

In 1995, Neil Young teamed up with what grunge band to record the album Mirror Ball?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Oct 2015, 9:15pm

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: 3. RHP
no Chili?
The Right-Handed Chili Pitchers?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25004
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Flex » 04 Oct 2015, 11:14pm

tepista wrote:What's the name of Kanye West's 2005 Grammy winning album?
a) Good Ass Job
b) Late Registration
c) Graduation
d) The College Dropout

"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" was a hit song by what group?

What musician's album Civilization Phase III was released after his death?

In 1995, Neil Young teamed up with what grunge band to record the album Mirror Ball?
This is like The Flex Special Roundup:

1. b
2. THE MUTHATRUCKIN' SPIN DOCTORS!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
3. El Franko de Zappao
4. Pearl Jam
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Oct 2015, 9:36am

Flex wrote: 2. THE MUTHATRUCKIN' SPIN DOCTORS!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zip to the 2.00 mark for footage of Flex on his daily constitutional.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Wolter » 05 Oct 2015, 9:41am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote: 2. THE MUTHATRUCKIN' SPIN DOCTORS!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zip to the 2.00 mark for footage of Flex on his daily constitutional.
Holy shit that was funnier than I expected.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Oct 2015, 9:45am

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote: 2. THE MUTHATRUCKIN' SPIN DOCTORS!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zip to the 2.00 mark for footage of Flex on his daily constitutional.
Holy shit that was funnier than I expected.
It does the unthinkable by validating the existence of "Two Princes."
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Wolter » 05 Oct 2015, 10:49am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote: 2. THE MUTHATRUCKIN' SPIN DOCTORS!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zip to the 2.00 mark for footage of Flex on his daily constitutional.
Holy shit that was funnier than I expected.
It does the unthinkable by validating the existence of "Two Princes."
At least it presents it as the antithesis of all things Brian.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Rock n Roll Trivia Challenge 2014: Micky Dolenz' Revenge!

Post by Kory » 06 Oct 2015, 10:18pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote: 2. THE MUTHATRUCKIN' SPIN DOCTORS!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zip to the 2.00 mark for footage of Flex on his daily constitutional.
Holy shit that was funnier than I expected.
It does the unthinkable by validating the existence of "Two Princes."
At least it presents it as the antithesis of all things Brian.
I remember watching this one when it aired, glad to find it's as funny as I remember.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests