Specials with Terry Hall...

General music discussion.
modskin
Unknown Immortal

Specials with Terry Hall...

Post by modskin »

Live at BESTival 2008..

[youtube][/youtube]

Now if Dammers would just cave, everything will be aces..

101Walterton
The Best

Re: Specials with Terry Hall...

Post by 101Walterton »

One of those bands that for me just seem to sound better with age. I've always loved debut album and had it in my 'top 10' but recently I've been listening to More Specials and it sounds better than ever.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:One of those bands that for me just seem to sound better with age. I've always loved debut album and had it in my 'top 10' but recently I've been listening to More Specials and it sounds better than ever.
I have to admit, my love of the debut makes me forget they have other recordings (of course, I don't count the "post-reunion" stuff, it's not very good). Every now and then I rediscover More Specials as well. The original is a stone classic and almost any record is going to suffer in comparison, but More Specials is still pretty damn good.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Red star 69
Dirty Punk

Post by Red star 69 »

I love the whole late 70´s early 80´s Coventry music scene... I saw The Specials, The Selecter and The Beat at a couple of Rock against racism gigs back in "the good old days", they all used to get the whole place "bouncing".

What does Jerry Dammers do these days?
The root of all faults, all failings, is nothing other than ignorance. This ignorance is like mistaking a heap of stones on the horizon for a human figure; it has no basis whatsoever, which means that even the source of of these faults and failings does not exist.
Tertón Sogyal, Tibet, Summer 1900

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
101Walterton wrote:One of those bands that for me just seem to sound better with age. I've always loved debut album and had it in my 'top 10' but recently I've been listening to More Specials and it sounds better than ever.
I have to admit, my love of the debut makes me forget they have other recordings (of course, I don't count the "post-reunion" stuff, it's not very good). Every now and then I rediscover More Specials as well. The original is a stone classic and almost any record is going to suffer in comparison, but More Specials is still pretty damn good.
All three albums are great "In The Studio" is a classic also.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia