Question for Heston

General music discussion.
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Question for Heston

Post by muppet hi fi »

Are you in a band called The Panic Report? Was just surfing YouTube and came across this whole album, and it's fucking great. Dude's channel name was John Heston and they're clearly Brits, so I thought it might be you.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Question for Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:Are you in a band called The Panic Report? Was just surfing YouTube and came across this whole album, and it's fucking great. Dude's channel name was John Heston and they're clearly Brits, so I thought it might be you.
Yeah mate, it's my band. Thanks for that.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wait, you have an ongoing band? An album? Is it something my tin ears would appreciate? Are there shirts for sale? Will you sign my left tit? Why has this knowledge been withheld from me?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Wait, you have an ongoing band? An album? Is it something my tin ears would appreciate? Are there shirts for sale? Will you sign my left tit? Why has this knowledge been withheld from me?
Yeah Doc, the band is an ongoing thing. The album Muppet has heard is from a couple of years back, but our new one is due any day now. It's all just self-produced and financed, we don't have a label or anything. We sell them at gigs for a fiver.

Funny you should speak of t-shirts though, we bought a t-shirt printing machine last week, the first ones are rolling off the press now. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll send an album and t-shirt to you gratis, as long as you post a pic of yourself looking miserable wearing it, Ctc-style. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Wait, you have an ongoing band? An album? Is it something my tin ears would appreciate? Are there shirts for sale? Will you sign my left tit? Why has this knowledge been withheld from me?
Yeah Doc, the band is an ongoing thing. The album Muppet has heard is from a couple of years back, but our new one is due any day now. It's all just self-produced and financed, we don't have a label or anything. We sell them at gigs for a fiver.

Funny you should speak of t-shirts though, we bought a t-shirt printing machine last week, the first ones are rolling off the press now. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll send an album and t-shirt to you gratis, as long as you post a pic of yourself looking miserable wearing it, Ctc-style. ;)
:lol: Nah, let me pay my way. An unhappy photo can be provided so long as it's used on your fan page.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Are you in a band called The Panic Report? Was just surfing YouTube and came across this whole album, and it's fucking great. Dude's channel name was John Heston and they're clearly Brits, so I thought it might be you.
i was searching for some Clash related thing or other and came upon a version of We Are('nt) the Clash, which was great, better than the original (hilarious video), so I checked out your channel.

Yeah the album's really good, every song. Great, great variety, very tasty, lotsa different flavors and rhythms. Some great song titles (Technically Yes!); great vocal arrangements (are you the lead singer?); REALLY fine geetar playing (zat you?) - great tones, very tasteful effects. Some great funk/R&B rhythm parts on a couple songs, excellent distorted tones, very cool and highly melodic and catchy leads. Kind of reminded me of Stuart Adamson and Bruce Watson of Big Country at times (without the e-bow), and that's a huge compliment for me.
Very versitile band; kinda reminded me of the Blockheads at times.
Only listened once so far, but will listen more (and more, no doubt), and maybe give a track by track review! :D

Oh yeah, and the non-album track "Kings of Sport" is brilliant (great title) - great samples, very BAD-ish.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

and to think they started as a Starship cover band.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:and to think they started as a Peter Criss cover band.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Panic Report is a great band name.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Can you let us know how we can buy a copy of the album and shirt?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston

Post by Heston »

tepista wrote:and to think they started as a Starship cover band.
:lol: :shifty:

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:
i was searching for some Clash related thing or other and came upon a version of We Are('nt) the Clash, which was great, better than the original (hilarious video), so I checked out your channel.

Yeah the album's really good, every song. Great, great variety, very tasty, lotsa different flavors and rhythms. Some great song titles (Technically Yes!); great vocal arrangements (are you the lead singer?); REALLY fine geetar playing (zat you?) - great tones, very tasteful effects. Some great funk/R&B rhythm parts on a couple songs, excellent distorted tones, very cool and highly melodic and catchy leads. Kind of reminded me of Stuart Adamson and Bruce Watson of Big Country at times (without the e-bow), and that's a huge compliment for me.
Only listened once so far, but will listen more (and more, no doubt), and maybe give a track by track review! :D

Oh yeah, and the non-album track "Kings of Sport" is brilliant (great title) - great samples, very BAD-ish.
Jesus, that's probably the best review we've ever had, cheers.

The lead guitar is mine, the funkier stuff was the other guitarist. We split the lead vocals, I think I'm lead on about 4 or 5 tracks, but we always backed each other with harmonies.

Funny you should mention the Big Country thing, because The Crossing was one of the albums I used to play along to when I was learning guitar. Could play that album start to finish at one time.

Thanks again for the kind words, genuinely appreciated.
JennyB wrote:Can you let us know how we can buy a copy of the album and shirt?
No probs Jenny, give me a couple of weeks and I'll rustle up some info.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I just played a round of Song Pop with Heston. The category was Worst Songs and I was DYING for WBTCORAR*** to be on there, but alas, it was not.

*** It has been on there before. Also, my auto-correct immediately went to WBTCORAR when I typed the first two letters.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Heston wrote:

Jesus, that's probably the best review we've ever had, cheers.

The lead guitar is mine, the funkier stuff was the other guitarist. We split the lead vocals, I think I'm lead on about 4 or 5 tracks, but we always backed each other with harmonies.

Funny you should mention the Big Country thing, because The Crossing was one of the albums I used to play along to when I was learning guitar. Could play that album start to finish at one time.

Thanks again for the kind words, genuinely appreciated.
JennyB wrote:Can you let us know how we can buy a copy of the album and shirt?
No probs Jenny, give me a couple of weeks and I'll rustle up some info.
A little early Squeeze humour mixed with some XTC melodies and MJ riffs ??? Great stuff.

jayrok
Dirty Punk

Post by jayrok »

Heston wrote:

Hey Heston, sign me up for cd and and t shirt! Let me know how much - Cheers