Question for Heston

General music discussion.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Question for Heston

Post by laxman »

Heston wrote:Thanks again chaps, shame about the result. Though we played well I thought.
I saw most of it and quite enjoyed it, especially the first half. Looks like we have decent players who, shock, can actually kick it with both feet. I thought their biggest threat was Joe Hart's clearances. Sterling seems to get pushed off the ball too easily. Other than that they looked good. My rule of thumb with the England team is, if they were a Prem League team in their own right, would I be worried if Stockport County drew them in the FA Cup? This team, yes. Not so some of the teams in the past!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
Heston wrote:Thanks again chaps, shame about the result. Though we played well I thought.
I saw most of it and quite enjoyed it, especially the first half. Looks like we have decent players who, shock, can actually kick it with both feet. I thought their biggest threat was Joe Hart's clearances. Sterling seems to get pushed off the ball too easily. Other than that they looked good. My rule of thumb with the England team is, if they were a Prem League team in their own right, would I be worried if Stockport County drew them in the FA Cup? This team, yes. Not so some of the teams in the past!
Harry Kane needs to improve with no shots inside the 18 yard box that's not good enough. Overall a good solid performance I would've left Rooney on as he was man of the match for me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Harry Kane needs to improve with no shots inside the 18 yard box that's not good enough. Overall a good solid performance I would've left Rooney on as he was man of the match for me.
Yes I would have left him on.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Maybe he was injured slightly,or they just need to rotate the squad to keep them fresh.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Maybe he was injured slightly,or they just need to rotate the squad to keep them fresh.
Rooney had plenty of running left in him and was doing a teriffic job in midfield. I think the stats showed how good his work rate was and made more passes than anyone else on the pitch.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Rooney had plenty of running left in him and was doing a teriffic job in midfield. I think the stats showed how good his work rate was and made more passes than anyone else on the pitch.
Hello,

Rooney is older; he'll need more recovery time than the youngsters.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hello,

Rooney is older; he'll need more recovery time than the youngsters.
That's nonsense mate. Rooney is a professional footballer who trains week in week out he has 4 days to recover for the next game against Wales which is more than enough. His age is not a problem and he was excellent in his new role and should've played the full 90 mins. Taking him off opened up the game and probably cost England the win.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Gareth Bale say Wales have more passion than England. Is he talking about the team the football the fans or all three? Aaron Ramsey believes that Wales are better than England. That's some tough talking from a team who haven't been in the competition for some considerable time. Walws played well against Slovakia the weakest team in the group in my opinion, now let's see how well they do against Russia. England will win on Thusday!

I don't think Ramsey's new Bernie cut will help him either.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:Gareth Bale say Wales have more passion than England. Is he talking about the team the football the fans or all three? Aaron Ramsey believes that Wales are better than England. That's some tough talking from a team who haven't been in the competition for some considerable time. Walws played well against Slovakia the weakest team in the group in my opinion, now let's see how well they do against Russia. England will win on Thusday!

I don't think Ramsey's new Bernie cut will help him either.
The Ausie media have ridiculed the England rugby team prior to the first team. The TV ads were appalling. you would think the cold humble pie would be enough for them but they are still going.
Eddie Jones and the team are feeding on it.
Let's hope England do the same.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:Gareth Bale say Wales have more passion than England. Is he talking about the team the football the fans or all three? Aaron Ramsey believes that Wales are better than England. That's some tough talking from a team who haven't been in the competition for some considerable time. Wales played well against Slovakia the weakest team in the group in my opinion, now let's see how well they do against Russia. England will win on Thursday!
Never in doubt. Hear those three lions roar!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Buzzing to be asked to support Neville Staple this November!

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:Buzzing to be asked to support Neville Staple this November!

Double awesome mate. Again I'm made up for you have a great gig!!!!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wow! Congrats!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

That is outstanding!! Congrats mate it will be fantastic.
I am pleased to see Neville is back on stage as I heard a while back he was very unwell and that was why he wasn't playing with The Specials. Perhaps he ws just gutted to hear that FB3 had been erased from his back catalogue.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Cheers lads. I saw Neville and his band live about 3 years ago and they were excellent so really looking forward to it. If I get the chance I will ask him about Bernie Rhodes!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board