Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

General music discussion.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7776
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Kory » 17 Nov 2017, 1:26pm

"magisterial erudition." Jesus.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25216
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Flex » 17 Nov 2017, 1:27pm

Kory wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 1:26pm
"magisterial erudition." Jesus.
great description of my IMCT posts tbqh
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 72060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Nov 2017, 1:51pm

Flex wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 1:27pm
Kory wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 1:26pm
"magisterial erudition." Jesus.
great description of my IMCT posts tbqh
You mean more than the ones about the Exploited?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

We have taken steps … to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25216
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Flex » 17 Nov 2017, 1:53pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 1:51pm
You mean more than the ones about the Exploited?
Why The Exploited Barmy Army Matters by Flex Flexerson
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 72060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Nov 2017, 2:09pm

Flex wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 1:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 1:51pm
You mean more than the ones about the Exploited?
Why The Exploited Barmy Army Matters by Flex Flexerson
A Secret and Definitive History of Thatcher's England. Winner of eight Pulitzer Prizes.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

We have taken steps … to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 72060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Dec 2017, 1:53pm

I didn't try this, but I figure I'd get around 40%
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/bob_dylan_studio_albums
Endut! Hoch Hech!

We have taken steps … to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25216
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Flex » 05 Dec 2017, 2:04pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 1:53pm
I didn't try this, but I figure I'd get around 40%
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/bob_dylan_studio_albums
100% in 2:40
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 72060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Dec 2017, 2:22pm

Flex wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 2:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 1:53pm
I didn't try this, but I figure I'd get around 40%
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/bob_dylan_studio_albums
100% in 2:40
For a non-Boomer, that is contemptible. :shifty:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

We have taken steps … to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25216
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Flex » 11 Dec 2017, 1:35pm

"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 72060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Dec 2017, 2:59pm

Flex wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 1:35pm
:lol: From his series of albums, Sinatra Ruins …. Sinatra Ruins Voivoid was a conceptual masterpiece marred by poor mixing, imo.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

We have taken steps … to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 72060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Dec 2017, 8:27am

Finally got around to start watching Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary this morning (with no forethought, over the past four years I've settled into watching one of his documentaries over Christmas). The closing song of the first episode is "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall." The boss just got up as the episode was ending and muttered at the tv something about "that voice." I said, "I'll never be a true fan, but he's grown on me." She turned and gave me a perfect cinematic stinkeye and said, "Stop talking." Then went to turn on the coffee maker.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

We have taken steps … to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 7025
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by BostonBeaneater » 23 Dec 2017, 9:07am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 8:27am
Finally got around to start watching Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary this morning (with no forethought, over the past four years I've settled into watching one of his documentaries over Christmas). The closing song of the first episode is "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall." The boss just got up as the episode was ending and muttered at the tv something about "that voice." I said, "I'll never be a true fan, but he's grown on me." She turned and gave me a perfect cinematic stinkeye and said, "Stop talking." Then went to turn on the coffee maker.
I find most things Dylan to be deeply boring.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 7025
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by BostonBeaneater » 23 Dec 2017, 9:10am

Dylan’s often been celebrated as a great poet, which is laughable in the face of the actual garbled claptrap he produced. The usual Dylan lyric is an arbitrary and arrhythmic collage of pseudo-surrealist images. There are many here among us who think that life is but a joke, said the joker to the thief, as though he was Carl Jung after a lobotomy.
https://www.splicetoday.com/music/why-t ... -bob-dylan
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests