The Andrew WK Thread

General music discussion.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

The Andrew WK Thread

Post by matedog »

I've been thinking about devoting a thread to his adventures and music for awhile. This news report sealed the deal:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/2 ... 84836.html

Andrew W.K. & U.S. Department Of State: Entertainer Named Cultural Ambassador To The Middle East
The performer's website reports that W.K. will visit the Middle East "to promote partying and positive power." The story also explains that "Andrew will begin his journey the first week of December, 2012 and will visit elementary schools, the University of Bahrain, music venues, and more, all while promoting partying and world peace."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The Andrew WK Thread

Post by Wolter »

I wish I liked his music more, because Andrew WK's persona is fucking awesome.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:I wish I liked his music more, because Andrew WK's persona is fucking awesome.
GutterPox.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

There is hope for this country.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

He's also shooting a music video with Bubs, the internet cat sensation.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Bummer!
I'm just blown away. After a year of planning, the US State Dept. just canceled my Middle East trip because I'm too party.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Sadly, not: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earsho ... -wk-394104

A government spokesperson says choosing the self-declared "King of Partying" to represent America was "a mistake and not appropriate."

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Andrew WK refuses to help out in End of Year list.

What’s the best thing you listened to in 2012?
The best thing I listened to were the tender sounds of young twin baby birds chirping and glistening. They sang on high and feather floated their beautiful young song into my party heart.
What’s the best movie you saw in 2012?
The best movie I saw was actually a whole bunch of different movies of wonderful young babies playing with pups. These soft and cherished creatures delighted me with their playful party joy and cared for each other while they enriched my spirit.
What’s the best TV show you watched in 2012?
Any and all TV shows about partying with food, cooking, eating, and roast meat. They’re just so awesome!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog

Post by matedog »

modskin wrote:He's also shooting a music video with Bubs, the internet cat sensation.
I had never heard of Lil Bub, but the video is out:
[youtube][/youtube]

It's calling for donations to your local animal shelter.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

And another Photoshopped gem of yore:

matedog

Post by matedog »

Oh come on, I kind of take offense to that. The only thing I'm noticeably into with having sex with men about in these parts are these Sprigsteen bands that I love so much. And whoever that E Street Band singer was that tep was mocking a few years ago. Though I think that falls into the 78-82 period.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:Oh come on, I kind of take offense to that. The only thing I'm noticeably into with having sex with men about in these parts are these Sprigsteen bands that I love so much. And whoever that E Street Band singer was that tep was mocking a few years ago. Though I think that falls into the 78-82 period.
:scared:

:lol:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
modskin wrote:He's also shooting a music video with Bubs, the internet cat sensation.
I had never heard of Lil Bub, but the video is out:
[youtube][/youtube]

It's calling for donations to your local animal shelter.
That's awesome. I think it was Wolt (?) who said he wished he could get into his music because he seems like a really cool guy. I feel the same way.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

matedog wrote:Oh come on, I kind of take offense to that. The only thing I'm noticeably into with having sex with men about in these parts are these Sprigsteen bands that I love so much. And whoever that E Street Band singer was that tep was mocking a few years ago. Though I think that falls into the 78-82 period.
Hahhah. Again, I think at the time that was created there was a lot of bitch bottom talk going on.

Think of it as a Monica Lewinsky joke told in the present day.

matedog

Post by matedog »

modskin wrote:
Hahhah. Again, I think at the time that was created there was a lot of bitch bottom talk going on.

Think of it as a Monica Lewinsky joke told in the present day.
Nah it was quite funny and I totally forgot about it. I was just parodying my hypersensitivity yesterday.