THE REPLACEMENTS Song of the Day

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: THE REPLACEMENTS Song of the Day

Post by Marky Dread »

Answering Machine ........you fuckers!![youtube][/youtube]

If you don't like this song then I hate you and you're a retard!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

[youtube][/youtube]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Ramshackle rock 'n° roll at it's finest.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Because I've been visiting IMCT at work
[youtube][/youtube]

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Same song, but never seen this show circulating on 'th Tube before. . .

[youtube][/youtube]

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

[youtube][/youtube]

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Man, the Bob version kicks the shit out of the PTMM version with the stupid horns. . .

[youtube][/youtube]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:Man, the Bob version kicks the shit out of the PTMM version with the stupid horns. . .

[youtube][/youtube]
FUCKING AWESOME VERSION!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Marky Dread wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Man, the Bob version kicks the shit out of the PTMM version with the stupid horns. . .

[youtube][/youtube]
FUCKING AWESOME VERSION!
That one made its live debut in '84 and they even recorded it as a Tim album track before leaving it on the cutting room floor. And then Westerberg had to neuter the lyrics to generica and put fucking HORNS all over it when he finally shit and got off the pot to release it already. And as if that weren't insulting enough...return to SNL as a solo artist 6 years after their bannination and walk that legendary performance back by playing a totally sober, conciliatory, and utterly conventional CHW performance with BACKING HORNS in his rent-a-band. :angry:

At least they finally released the Tim version on the All for Nothing... / Nothing For All comp. So much more power with Bob's parts and the suicide-themed lyrics.

[youtube][/youtube]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
FUCKING AWESOME VERSION!
That one made its live debut in '84 and they even recorded it as a Tim album track before leaving it on the cutting room floor. And then Westerberg had to neuter the lyrics to generica and put fucking HORNS all over it when he finally shit and got off the pot to release it already. And as if that weren't insulting enough...return to SNL as a solo artist 6 years after their bannination and walk that legendary performance back by playing a totally sober, conciliatory, and utterly conventional CHW performance with BACKING HORNS in his rent-a-band. :angry:

At least they finally released the Tim version on the All for Nothing... / Nothing For All comp. So much more power with Bob's parts and the suicide-themed lyrics.

[youtube][/youtube]
Shit! I never bought that comp thinking I had everythng on it. Fucking way better version.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Marky Dread wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
FUCKING AWESOME VERSION!

[youtube][/youtube]
Shit! I never bought that comp thinking I had everythng on it. Fucking way better version.
It's also a bonus track on the Tim remaster.

All for Nothing is way uneven. Disc 1 is a throwaway greatest hits from only the major-label years. CD coaster, little more. Disc 2 has some choice B-sides and pisstakes, but only a few of the tracks aren't available elsewhere.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
FUCKING AWESOME VERSION!

[youtube][/youtube]
It's also a bonus track on the Tim remaster.

All for Nothing is way uneven. Disc 1 is a throwaway greatest hits from only the major-label years. CD coaster, little more. Disc 2 has some choice B-sides and pisstakes, but only a few of the tracks aren't available elsewhere.
I have all the albums on cd and only grabbed the first 3 on rematsers. I see they are on spotify so will borrow those extra tracks. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

I really like CHW on PTMM, but the one with Bob on guitars is way better.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

From the Shit, Shower, Shave pro boot. . .

[youtube][/youtube]
Lake Compounce, Bristol, CT...8/31/1989, Labor Day Weekend. Opening for solo Tom Petty. :yuck:

I still can't believe this show took place only 1/2 mile from my house. That amusement park briefly hosted outdoor rock shows (and lost its shirt on them) until the city passed noise ordinances that crippled the hours they could play. Was in this bowl-like valley surrounded on all sides by hills. With the windows open in summertime I could hear every gig from my bedroom (severely muffled and echoed, but the low end was loud and clear) since we were near the top of one of those hills. Unfortunately only time I could tell fuckall who was singing was when Gn'R played...we rode our bikes to a prime listening spot on the hill for that show.

I wish I knew who these guys were when I was 11. :disshame: The park and the rides were still open during concerts, but you had to stay on the back half of the park away from the stage during showtime and the roller coaster was shut down. Still plenty close to take in a nearly-free show with your all-day kids pass.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

[youtube][/youtube]