How's This for a Lineup

General music discussion.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: How's This for a Lineup

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:
I've covered Billy Idol, I met the lead singer of REO Speedwagon at his house, and I saw Dee Snider play with Schwarzenegger at the Sacramento Capitol building. So basically I've seen a better version of this show already.
I know a girl with Dee Snyder's hand tattooed on her ass, I've heard Psychedelic Furs on the radio, and I heard Hoy covered Billy Idol's cover of "LA Woman" so I guess I've seen a better version too!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:There's going to be a nostalgia / camp element to seeing any of those bands—it's not likely that any of the bands will rise beyond much more than novelty / nostalgia act—but Blondie, Devo, and the P. Furs were a gazillion times better than REO Speedwagon or Twisted Sister at their best.
Great, so Hooky agrees with me. *High Five!*
Um …

… no. I'm saying that the whole affair won't exactly be kick ass beyond fun nostalgia—and there's nothing wrong with that, I suppose—but that Blondie, Devo, and the Furs, because they were always better that REO and TS, will be way way way better this time around.

edit: Delete "this time around." It's confusing and adds nothing but confusion to what I was saying. REO Speedwagon and Twisted Sister suck. The other bands don't. Billy Idol mostly sucks.
Great, so Hooky agrees with me. *High Five!* :shifty:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

I saw the Furs last summer and they rocked the godamned house! But REO and Twisted SIster? Yikes.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

matedog wrote:The only Dancing With Myself cover I had heard at the time was done by Blink 182 and it was embarrassingly awful.
The Donnas do a rocking, albeit pretty straightforward, cover of Dancing with Myself.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:How much Devo have you heard? Their back catalogue is actually phenomenal (at least for thier first 3.5 albums or so).

"Rebel Yell" is a fun song, but I would have been more impressed by "Dancing With Myself." And I would have given you a week without mockery if it were "Kiss Me Deadly."
I have heard oh so little. But I have been aware that there is a wealth of quality material out there.

The only Dancing With Myself cover I had heard at the time was done by Blink 182 and it was embarrassingly awful. I think we went with RY because it rocks the hardest. Also, I think "Kiss Me Deadly" was done by Lita Ford.
Different, far lamer song.

Kiss Me Deadly was a Generation X song. My favorite song he's associated with.
'Tis good but not a patch on "Youth Youth Youth"

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

So, I bought these tix on my credit card they day they went on sale, $180 for a pair. Not even great seats, but it is what it is. I recently moved, so, unbenounced to me, since I got an email confirmation from ticketmaster, the sale was rejected because of the conflicting address TM had on file, and I lost my seats. Tix in the same price range are still available, about 50 rows back of what I had. I don't want to rebuy them. I am so sad, and I feel stupid. :( shit, I couldn't afford it anyway. :(

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:So, I bought these tix on my credit card they day they went on sale, $180 for a pair. Not even great seats, but it is what it is. I recently moved, so, unbenounced to me, since I got an email confirmation from ticketmaster, the sale was rejected because of the conflicting address TM had on file, and I lost my seats. Tix in the same price range are still available, about 50 rows back of what I had. I don't want to rebuy them. I am so sad, and I feel stupid. :( shit, I couldn't afford it anyway. :(
That's a bummer Tep.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:So, I bought these tix on my credit card they day they went on sale, $180 for a pair. Not even great seats, but it is what it is. I recently moved, so, unbenounced to me, since I got an email confirmation from ticketmaster, the sale was rejected because of the conflicting address TM had on file, and I lost my seats. Tix in the same price range are still available, about 50 rows back of what I had. I don't want to rebuy them. I am so sad, and I feel stupid. :( shit, I couldn't afford it anyway. :(
That sucks Tep -- they should have let you know right away.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote: That sucks Tep -- they should have let you know right away.
They said they emailed and called. My phone recently changed, so there's that, but I didn't get an email. I did get one for something else I bought from TM a few days ago, which had me remember that I bought those tix on the same card. Mostly my own fault, I'm afraid. I should have updated info. :disshame:

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Aw, that sucks.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I saw DEVO last week, that what's preventing me from jumping off a bridge. I did wanna see Blondie. Billy Idol I can take or leave. I already saw him anyway. In 1983. He's still the same, right?

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

tepista wrote:I saw DEVO last week, that what's preventing me from jumping off a bridge. I did wanna see Blondie. Billy Idol I can take or leave. I already saw him anyway. In 1983. He's still the same, right?