General music discussion.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by 101Walterton »

Deceives The Eye - Madness
Stay Free - The Clash
The Limits We Set - The Beat
The Great Rock and Roll Swindle - the Pistols (better than No One Is Innocent)
Razzle In My Pocket - Blockheads

The only crime I feel guilty about was when my cousin and I robbed a crippled kid outside the newsagents and stole all his money to buy football cards. He had those calipers on his legs and was holding a little collection box, he was no match for our Bruce Lee kicks.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

1) I Love Boosters - The Coup
2) Stealing People's Mail - Dead Kennedys
3) Shoplifting - the Slits
4) One Piece at a Time - Johnny Cash
5) Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction (I'm with Jenny on this).

Yeah all but the Coup track have been listed. I've got a limited number to pick from and I don't mind stealing other people's picks. Checkout The Coup track below...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Here are five more that haven't been named …
New Order - Thieves Like Us
INX - Listen Like Thieves (weirdly, I thought of this song today for no damned good reason)
The Fall - Petty Thief Lout
Frezzepop - Bike Thief
Solex - The Burglars Are Coming!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
31 May 2018, 7:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 7:05pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
31 May 2018, 6:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 2:55pm
After Muppet Hi fi admitted nicking a Lou Reed album :disshame: I thought we'd have a top 5 songs about stealing/getting nicked.
You're such an inspiration.

1. Caught by the Fuzz - Supergrass
2. Razzle in My Pocket - Ian Dury & the Blockheads
3. Shoplifting - The Slits
4. Burglar - The Damned
5. You've Got to Pick-a-Pocket or Two - Ron Moody [Oliver! soundtrack]

Feel free to confess to any crime you have comitted. Anyone admitting to listening to WBTCORNR will bypass prison and go straight to Dr. Meddulla's asylum for the musically insane.

Okay my confession is I once nicked Inder's wallet. When I opened it all that was inside was a piece of paper with a strange code saying I.O.U.I.M.C.T.
Thanks a lot, maaaate. I knew my nefarious and borderline felonious past would pay off handsomely one day. :disshame:

Yeah, the Oliver Twist song is great, as is the whole soundtrack.

1. Stagger Lee - everybody & their brother, but Dylan's '92 version might be best/most complete.
2. Stay Free - Clash
3. Cops and Robbers - Bo Diddley
4. Easy Money - Springsteen
5. God Knows I'm Good - Bowie

I almost got nicked when I was about 8 or 9 I guess, stealing a tube of fake vampire blood :scared: Shop guy came running out after me as I was opening it (not sure how much dumber a kid could be), demanded where I got it, I named a different store, the dude looked at me as though I was too dumb to live (which has basically come true), took the tube and walked back in to store. The end. X(
That story sounds a real horrow show. ;)
:mrgreen: Yeah that was nothing. I ever tell you about the time I was 11 and embezzled (that's what my mom called it) $200 from my paper-route? My dad had to pay it back :disshame: :disshame: :disshame:
While I was no innocent in my teenage years I never brought any trouble home. Unlike my brother Simon who decided it was a great idea to break into Elm Park (The old Reading football stadium) and steal all the crisps/soft drinks/chocolate etc from the club shop. On fucking christmas day none the less of course he got caught and just as the remainder of the family Mum/step dad/ younger brother and my sister are all sitting down to have our Xmas lunch we get a knock knock on the front door from the old bill yep he's been nicked. Then a few weeks later I come home from work (I'm about 18 at this time Simon is 16) and I find my mum in tears now since my old man died when I was a nipper I'm very protective of my mum. So I ask her what's up why the tears? She tells me her friend had just walked through our local park which litterally backs on to our rear garden and she has seen Simon sniffing a huge bag of glue. So Simon comes home and I confront him and tell him how pissed off I am with him for upsetting his mum "Go fuck yourself" comes the reply smack goes my fist under his chin lifting him off the ground and he's sent flying over the kitchen table. He didn't speak to me for three years after that and if he saw me in the street he would cross to the other side of the road. We're all mates nowadays and we laugh about it, Simon works as a care worker and is a decent guy. No one I mean no one upsets my mum!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
31 May 2018, 7:19pm
Stay Free - The Clash

The only crime I feel guilty about was when my cousin and I robbed a crippled kid outside the newsagents and stole all his money to buy football cards. He had those calipers on his legs and was holding a little collection box, he was no match for our Bruce Lee kicks.
I was sure sure sure you would pick The Jam Thick As Thieves.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Stay Free - The Clash

I used to pat that kid on the head every day as I walked by to school in the early 70's. You don't see him around much these days. Oh and I'm his big brother so you bullies better watch out!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I used to shoplift skin magazines for friends. They'd pay me to do it. Otherwise, my thievery has been limited to the Internet variety. I guess along the same lines, I tried to kill the music industry via home taping back in the day.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 8:13pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 2:55pm
After Muppet Hi fi admitted nicking a Lou Reed album :disshame: I thought we'd have a top 5 songs about stealing/getting nicked.
You're such an inspiration.

1. Caught by the Fuzz - Supergrass
2. Razzle in My Pocket - Ian Dury & the Blockheads
3. Shoplifting - The Slits
4. Burglar - The Damned
5. You've Got to Pick-a-Pocket or Two - Ron Moody [Oliver! soundtrack]

Feel free to confess to any crime you have comitted. Anyone admitting to listening to WBTCORNR will bypass prison and go straight to Dr. Meddulla's asylum for the musically insane.

Okay my confession is I once nicked Inder's wallet. When I opened it all that was inside was a piece of paper with a strange code saying I.O.U.I.M.C.T.
Thanks a lot, maaaate. I knew my nefarious and borderline felonious past would pay off handsomely one day. :disshame:

1. Stagger Lee - everybody & their brother, but Dylan's '92 version might be best/most complete.
2. Stay Free - Clash

I almost got nicked when I was about 8 or 9 I guess, stealing a tube of fake vampire blood :scared: Shop guy came running out after me as I was opening it (not sure how much dumber a kid could be), demanded where I got it, I named a different store, the dude looked at me as though I was too dumb to live (which has basically come true), took the tube and walked back in to store. The end. X(
:mrgreen: Yeah that was nothing. I ever tell you about the time I was 11 and embezzled (that's what my mom called it) $200 from my paper-route? My dad had to pay it back :disshame: :disshame: :disshame:
While I was no innocent in my teenage years I never brought any trouble home. Unlike my brother Simon who decided it was a great idea to break into Elm Park (The old Reading football stadium) and steal all the crisps/soft drinks/chocolate etc from the club shop. On fucking christmas day none the less of course he got caught and just as the remainder of the family Mum/step dad/ younger brother and my sister are all sitting down to have our Xmas lunch we get a knock knock on the front door from the old bill yep he's been nicked. Then a few weeks later I come home from work (I'm about 18 at this time Simon is 16) and I find my mum in tears now since my old man died when I was a nipper I'm very protective of my mum. So I ask her what's up why the tears? She tells me her friend had just walked through our local park which litterally backs on to our rear garden and she has seen Simon sniffing a huge bag of glue. So Simon comes home and I confront him and tell him how pissed off I am with him for upsetting his mum "Go fuck yourself" comes the reply smack goes my fist under his chin lifting him off the ground and he's sent flying over the kitchen table. He didn't speak to me for three years after that and if he saw me in the street he would cross to the other side of the road. We're all mates nowadays and we laugh about it, Simon works as a care worker and is a decent guy. No one I mean no one upsets my mum!
Oh geez! Kids - whatayagonnado? :rolleyes: :naughty: :mrgreen:

Yeah so the "embezzling" thing was that the older guy I inherited the paper route from had torn out all the recent receipt stubs from the little book we used to collect (door to door) for the customer's newspapers. Crafty asshole he was. So I'd go to collect and people would say "Nice try. I've already paid for this week." But not everyone: that's why the crafty cunt Joel was so crafty - he'd only collect from some houses, probably to confuse me and obfuscate and cover his tracks. And it worked. Except I wasn't having it. So I just decided not to turn in ANY of the money I collected. I felt justified, as I was humping the load and on weekends it was 80 papers (biggest route in the district) at 3 in the morning in the dead of winter.

Anyway, my manager, Miss Halverson, would drive around looking for me to collect and have a chat. My ace up the sleeve was that I had my dog with me. Not just any dog was Flora: a nearly 200 pound St. Bernard. The few times Ms. Halverson spotted me on my rounds she'd say "Jump in, kiddo". And I'd give a whistle to Flora and she's come bounding through the snow and...she wasn't going to fit in Ms. H's smallish car.

Finally she caught up with me (or, rather, me dad) and I came home one night with Flora, after staying away for hours after seeing Ms. H's car in front of my house. And I got called on the carpet. But before my dad signed the check for the newspaper company, he gave Ms. H an earful - saying he hated their newspaper for being so "liberal" and was cancelling his subscription to it (which I was then, of course, delivering. And dad was dutifully paying me for :mrgreen: ). And I don't really recall ever catching too much stick for the whole incident. Maybe that was the least of me folks' worries. :shifty: :twitch:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
31 May 2018, 8:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

2. Stay Free - Clash

Yeah so the "embezzling" thing was that the older guy I inherited the paper route from had torn out all the recent receipt stubs from the little book we used to collect (door to door) for the customer's newspapers. Crafty asshole he was. So I'd go to collect and people would say "Nice try. I've already paid for this week." But not everyone: that's why the crafty cunt Joel was so crafty - he'd only collect from some houses, probably to confuse me and obfuscate and cover his tracks. And it worked. Except I wasn't having it. So I just decided not to turn in ANY of the money I collected. I felt justified, as I was humping the load and on weekends it was 80 papers (biggest route in the district) at 3 in the morning in the dead of winter.

Anyway, my manager, Miss Halverson, would drive around looking for me to collect and have a chat. My ace up the sleeve was that I had my dog with me. Not just any dog was Flora: a nearly 200 pound St. Bernard. The few times Ms. Halverson spotted me on my rounds she'd say "Jump in, kiddo". And I'd give a whistle to Flora and she's come bounding through the snow and...she wasn't going to fit in Ms. H's smallish car.

Finally she caught up with me (or, rather, me dad) and I came home one night with Flora, after staying away for hours after seeing Ms. H's car in front of my house. And I got called on the carpet. But before my dad signed the check for the newspaper company, he gave Ms. H an earful - saying he hated their newspaper for being so "liberal" and was cancelling his subscription to it (which I was then, of course, delivering. And dad was dutifully paying me for :mrgreen: ). And I don't really recall ever catching too much stick for the whole incident. Maybe that was the least of me folks' worries. :shifty: :twitch:
Sounds like yer ol' man was A-OK.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 9:11pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
31 May 2018, 8:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sounds like yer ol' man was A-OK.
Oh he was. But then with eight brats (i was second to youngest) and me mum who was no walk in the park, maybe he thought (as a lawyer and former decorated combat infantry veteran who had the noteworthy pleasure of having to fight the Wermacht at close quarters) "Eh, what's a little embezzlement. Could be worse."

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

101Walterton wrote:
Stay Free - The Clash

The fuck? You'd best say you were under the age of, I don't know, eight. Maybe six. Not cool, Wally. Stealing's one thing, and understandable. Bullying those who can't possibly defend themselves is another world.
(pissed me off reading this, as you know I love you mate).

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

muppet hi fi wrote:
31 May 2018, 9:32pm
101Walterton wrote:
Stay Free - The Clash

The fuck. You'd best say you were under the age of, I don't know, eight. Maybe six. Not cool, Wally. Stealing's one thing, and understandable. Bullying those who can't possibly defend themselves is another world.
I was 10 or 11 and I know we shouldn't have done it, we both knew better, but couple of kicks to the head and the money flew everywhere!!!

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

101Walterton wrote:
31 May 2018, 9:47pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Stay Free - The Clash

The fuck. You'd best say you were under the age of, I don't know, eight. Maybe six. Not cool, Wally. Stealing's one thing, and understandable. Bullying those who can't possibly defend themselves is another world.
I was 10 or 11 and I know we shouldn't have done it, we both knew better, but couple of kicks to the head and the money flew everywhere!!!
Hoping you're taking the piss just to get a rise outta me. Cuz otherwise I could share a couple anecdotes about how we dealt with bullys in South Minneapolis that didn't (but legally should have) involve Old Bill.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

muppet hi fi wrote:
31 May 2018, 10:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 May 2018, 9:47pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Stay Free - The Clash

Hoping you're taking the piss just to get a rise outta me. Cuz otherwise I could share a couple anecdotes about how we dealt with bullys in South Minneapolis that didn't (but legally should have) involve Old Bill.
Muppet check out Marky's post he has a photo of the victim.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2018, 8:17pm
101Walterton wrote:
Stay Free - The Clash

I used to pat that kid on the head every day as I walked by to school in the early 70's. You don't see him around much these days. Oh and I'm his big brother so you bullies better watch out!
:mrgreen: