What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by laxman »

R-578965-1298917837.jpg
R-578965-1298917837.jpg (74.42 KiB) Viewed 882 times

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Flex wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 3:59pm
For a brief, beautiful moment I thought this would be a cover of BAD's The Bottom Line but it's still primo Causey Way madness:
Hello,

In a kind-of-coincidence way, I was just listening to this:

At times, this reminds me of Devo if they stuck to guitars (and sped everything up a lot) - kind of like the WIpeouters played really fast and wilder.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

gkbill wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 4:58pm
Hello,

In a kind-of-coincidence way, I was just listening to this:

watch?v=TItKS7GSrS0

At times, this reminds me of Devo if they stuck to guitars (and sped everything up a lot) - kind of like the WIpeouters played really fast and wilder.
The whole man or astro-man extended universe rules. definitely carrying the devo torch
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I was just wondering who would win in a fight between Elastica and Republica so I listened to them back to back.

It's Elastica.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 6:19pm
I was just wondering who would win in a fight between Elastica and Republica so I listened to them back to back.

It's Elastica.
how does listening to them clarify who would win in a knife fight?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:

It's Elastica.
You had to listen to make this determination? Elastica didn't last long enough, Republica lasted too long (however long that actually was). Even if all they ever released was "How I Wrote Elastica Man," they would have been way, way better than Republica. But they also had two awesome albums.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 6:21pm
Kory wrote:

It's Elastica.
how does listening to them clarify who would win in a knife fight?
I didn't say knife...

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 7:02pm
Kory wrote:

It's Elastica.
You had to listen to make this determination? Elastica didn't last long enough, Republica lasted too long (however long that actually was). Even if all they ever released was "How I Wrote Elastica Man," they would have been way, way better than Republica. But they also had two awesome albums.
I actually wasn't familiar with them beyond their one-hits. In any case, Elastica won the fight (bare knuckles).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 2:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's Elastica.
I actually wasn't familiar with them beyond their one-hits. In any case, Elastica won the fight (bare knuckles).
Justine Frischman also had a real androgynous cool to her; Saffron was an identikit indie female singer.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 3:21pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's Elastica.
Justine Frischman also had a real androgynous cool to her; Saffron was an identikit indie female singer.
Sure but at least Republica didn't get sued by Wire...as far as I know.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's Elastica.
If you're gonna steal, aim high. :shifty: (My recollection is that Wire didn't sue, but rather their music publisher did, as often happens in these cases. Still, the band got a nice payout and probably led to some additional sales.)

ArmagideonTim
Dirty Punk

Post by ArmagideonTim »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 4:21pm
Kory wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If you're gonna steal, aim high. :shifty: (My recollection is that Wire didn't sue, but rather their music publisher did, as often happens in these cases. Still, the band got a nice payout and probably led to some additional sales.)
They got done by the Stranglers too, still take them over republica every time though.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Rocking some primo Dadpunk this week. Never really got into these guys before but this shit is my jam.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Tracyanne is Tracyanne Campbell, formerly of Camera Obscura. This is a lovely mix of traditional country melancholy and 60s folk pop. Which isn't far off from Camera Obscura. Good music for feeling wistful and blue.