What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
hairydot61
Junco Partner

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:40pm
This.
Thats cool, am listening to their second album: Deadend Inquiries on Dissident Frog green vinyl
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I'm listening to Markys fantastic Specials compilation. This is amazing Marky!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 7:28am
I'm listening to Markys fantastic Specials compilation. This is amazing Marky!
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 7:05am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:40pm
This.
Thats cool, am listening to their second album: Deadend Inquiries on Dissident Frog green vinyl
Yeah I think they've upped the ante on that second release. Very cool.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, I'm now listening to this from the start. It's scary good. Emphasizing Joy Division's punk edge, certainly.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

It's an Against Me kind of night.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 3:22pm
It's an Against Me kind of night.
the revolution was a lie, yo
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

I reckon this is this generation's Pet Sounds.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I'm listening to the Death Disco compilation that Marky Dread recommended a few weeks ago. Really good.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 1:17pm
Okay, I'm now listening to this from the start. It's scary good. Emphasizing Joy Division's punk edge, certainly.
That looks interesting, and looking about on the net quite expensive if you come across a copy, triple CD!, gets great reviews too, I was lucky enough to see Joy Division support The Stranglers at The Rainbow Theatre, Finsbury park in 1980, they were pretty good, unfortunately Ian Curtis had a seizure close to the end of their set and fell into the drums, it was a weird gig as The Stranglers were without Hugh Cornwall who was in Pentonville prison as he'd been busted for Drugs, the band didn't want to cancel the two gig they had there so they got a lot of their music associates to sing instead of Hugh, Ian Dury, Hazel O'Conner, Billy Idol, Phil Daniels, Robert Smith on guitar for some, Jake Burns, Toyah Wilcox & Nicky Tesco from The Members.
Joy Division were great, Ian Curtis doing his signature dance, he apparently recovered enough to do a gig at Hampstead Moonlight Club later that evening, what a legacy.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 12:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That looks interesting, and looking about on the net quite expensive if you come across a copy, triple CD!, gets great reviews too, I was lucky enough to see Joy Division support The Stranglers at The Rainbow Theatre, Finsbury park in 1980, they were pretty good, unfortunately Ian Curtis had a seizure close to the end of their set and fell into the drums, it was a weird gig as The Stranglers were without Hugh Cornwall who was in Pentonville prison as he'd been busted for Drugs, the band didn't want to cancel the two gig they had there so they got a lot of their music associates to sing instead of Hugh, Ian Dury, Hazel O'Conner, Billy Idol, Phil Daniels, Robert Smith on guitar for some, Jake Burns, Toyah Wilcox & Nicky Tesco from The Members.
Joy Division were great, Ian Curtis doing his signature dance, he apparently recovered enough to do a gig at Hampstead Moonlight Club later that evening, what a legacy.
Ha I was at that gig also.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 1:05pm
hairydot61 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
:mrgreen: I'm sure you'll agree it was a weird night and special too, a great collective effort, you never forget those one's, you must have been just out of secondary, but as previously stated you started gigging early :approve:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 3:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 1:05pm
hairydot61 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
:mrgreen: I'm sure you'll agree it was a weird night and special too, a great collective effort, you never forget those one's, you must have been just out of secondary, but as previously stated you started gigging early :approve:
I saw quite a few bands in that time period. I had not finished school yet at this point. I finished in August '80 and started work in September. The concert was held over two nights the 3rd & 4th April Thursday/Friday. I was at the Thursday night gig I know this because the 3rd is my mum's birthday and she was throwing a party and I had other plans. ;)

I have the CD of this gig which is a nice keep-sake. If you get it make sure it's the version with Richard Jobson on the front as a later edition omits 3 tracks and fucks around with the track seqeunce.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »