Re: The KISS thread

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 5:56pm
Wolter wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 4:23pm
Heston wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 9:57pm
Shandi, what I should have drank tonight. A soft rock classic. Welter loves it, it's not just me.
Is this what happens when Paul Weller and I fall into a transporter together?
Deny you like Shandi.
I dislike it quite a bit, actually.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 6:52pm
Heston wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 6:22pm
Heston wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 6:02pm
My money's on a clear and forceful denial. Any takers?
I have heard him say he likes it in the past. Pre-board crash.
I've never heard him say he likes anything more than "Strutter," which is legit good. "Shandi" is cold porridge and you know it.
Check his KISS review where he repented his sins.
On occasion, people get confused and say nice things to you, hoping you'll stop traipsing down the road to mouth-breathing insanity. Our intent is good but our strategy has been poor.
I was charitable to several songs, mostly simple rockers. I was never charitable to Shandi.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.nme.com/news/music/kiss-pos ... re-2548215

Draining the pus build-up, I would guess.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 6:20am
https://www.nme.com/news/music/kiss-pos ... re-2548215

Draining the pus build-up, I would guess.
Cock rock.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Phew, thought I'd been drunk posting again last night. Always a relief to see someone else's post when I open this thread on a Sunday morning.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 8:41am
Phew, thought I'd been drunk posting again last night. Always a relief to see someone else's post when I open this thread on a Sunday morning.
We've been meaning to talk to you about this. You've been really delinquent in your entertainment duties in this thread. I'm not going to write you up this time, so take this as friendly advice: When you get pissed, you're expected to post something embarrassing here. Now go tie one on.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 8:41am
:lol:

Heston

Post by Heston »

I played a gig with my band in a pub tonight, and the whole time they had a muted KISS gig playing on the televisions around the bar. I was annoyed at first but then cracked a smile when I thought this is the kind of thing that Medulla would love, some kind of divine retribution.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 10:14pm
I played a gig with my band in a pub tonight, and the whole time they had a muted KISS gig playing on the televisions around the bar. I was annoyed at first but then cracked a smile when I thought this is the kind of thing that Medulla would love, some kind of divine retribution.
Sick pub management - how dare they conflate the brilliant Panic Report with KISS. Oh, wait... :shifty: :mrgreen:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 10:40pm
Heston wrote:
Sick pub management - how dare they conflate the brilliant Panic Report with KISS. Oh, wait... :shifty: :mrgreen:
The Elder Report

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Heston wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 10:42pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 10:40pm
Heston wrote:
The Elder Report
You bastid! :mrgreen:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Apparently they failed with "the band tried to trademark the phrase ‘The End Of The Road’, to be used in connection with “live performances by a musical band.”". They should have tried to trademark the phrase ‘The End Of The Road’, to be used in connection with “live performances by a musical corporate entity.”

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Those tending bar grasped the key truth that the KISS spectacle is ruined if you have to listen to the music. The deaf are naturally positioned as ideal KISS fans.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I don't know if this has been posted previously (apologies if it has!). All I could think of when I saw this was "How is Gene going to make money from this?"

https://wreg.com/2017/08/02/texas-calf- ... 85y8affGqo

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 3:09pm
Hello,

I don't know if this has been posted previously (apologies if it has!). All I could think of when I saw this was "How is Gene going to make money from this?"

https://wreg.com/2017/08/02/texas-calf- ... 85y8affGqo
By suing the rancher into oblivion unless they pay royalties.