ChicoHarris On IMCT

General music discussion.

How would you like ChicoHarris to contribute to IMCT?

Poll ended at 08 Dec 2010, 7:35am

Use the board like he always has
32%
Change his behaviour
68%

Total votes: 28

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

ChicoHarris On IMCT

Post by Silent Majority »

Hello, everybody! I'd like to welcome you to what I've informally nicknamed in my head as the "Fool's Errand" poll!

Now, Mr Harris has very kindly agreed to change the way he uses the board should the vote go in that direction. I'd ask people to stay civil in any posts that come after this in the thread, and save any crunchy Chico abuse for elsewhere.

It's a simple choice, one of two options.

Option 1: Chico continues to use the board in the manner he always has.

Option 2: Chico changes his board behaviour.

What option two entails is that Chico has a single thread to himself, rather than having his thoughts and ideas spread haphazardly over places where other stuff may be going on. He would stop posting in the What's Your Concert Schedule Looking Like thread altogether and stop making new threads of his own in the immediate future.

Should option two win, Chico can use his own thread in any manner he so wishes, for birthday wishes, stories, bands he's going to see, how great Mississippi really is. I would encourage him to follow other people's wishes in other threads. For example, if he says something that has nothing to do with the matter at hand and is informed that what's he contributing isn't helpful then it'd be good if he could learn from that.

The poll will close in five days. If Chico, Inder, or anyone else feels that anything in this post isn't cool, I'll be happy to change anything. In the interests of fair play and to allow myself to see the results I am going to vote for option one. Everyone else should listen to their conscience.

I'm hoping we can do something here that gets fair of IMCT use for everybody. Thanks!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: ChicoHarris On IMCT

Post by Heston »

I have no problem with Chico posting wherever, I just skim past if it looks like something of little interest. Pretty easy to do.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

If people would never, ever, ever quote Chico, I would never see his posts. So if everyone else could stop acknowledging him he could become irrelevent.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Where's the "Oxford's Cliff Clavin Should Commit Seppuku" option?

Also, ditto what Wolter wrote. I have the pinhead on ignore and only see his inanity when people quote him. I'd be more than cool with option one if nobody ever quoted him.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I'd never tell anyone how to use these boards. As with anything else like this, I say if you don't like it move on. I just look at this episode as one of our biannual flame wars. I just wish it was more fun, say a flame war between Matey and Wolter about titty size.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote: say a flame war between Matey and Wolter about titty size.
I'd say a full C is more than enough, but I don't mind em a little bigger or a little smaller.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote: say a flame war between Matey and Wolter about titty size.
I'd say a full C is more than enough, but I don't mind em a little bigger or a little smaller.
Are we talking your own titties or female?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Can't it be both?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Can't it be both?
I don't want you have planned for tonight, Homer, but count me out.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
Giant boobs are amazing (or course my gf is an A cup) Real or fake, I don't care (and I can tell the difference immediately). Fuck off you confederate apologist!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Fuck off you confederate apologist!
Ha! Yeah, take that, Chico!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:I have no problem with Chico posting wherever, I just skim past if it looks like something of little interest. Pretty easy to do.
Hoyston. Although I do get a kick of how worked up some you guys get with his posts. To be fair though, he has had his asshole-moments.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

He can do whatever he wants. I'm not a gatekeeper here.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:He can do whatever he wants. I'm not a gatekeeper here.
[retirement]This Pina Colada is tasty.[/retirement]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I am genuinely curious why he posts here. He generally doesn't interact with people—that is, engage in conversations—and has stated that he regards the core posters as a bunch of frat boys, and most of his posts generate zero responses, save for occasional flare-ups related to his trolling. Hell, he doesn't even engage any of the Clash-related discussion that occasionally bubbles up. There are a shitload of boards out there, music and otherwise, so why are we so blessed? What does he get out of the experience?