The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

General music discussion.
daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4537
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 19 Jun 2008, 10:59am

[youtube][/yo<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>utube]

just seeing if i could finally embed a youtube video.

so any tips on how to do it correctly?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71077
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jun 2008, 11:01am

daredevil wrote:[youtube][/yo<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>utube]

just seeing if i could finally embed a youtube video.

so any tips on how to do it correctly?
(youtube)


(Switch the parentheses to brackets)
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston » 19 Jun 2008, 11:03am

daredevil wrote:[youtube][/yo<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>utube]

just seeing if i could finally embed a youtube video.

so any tips on how to do it correctly?
Highlight the web address of the vid, then click on the youtube tag you see on the 'post reply' page. Paste web address between youtube tags.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

modskin
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2747
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 11:12am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by modskin » 19 Jun 2008, 11:09am

Inder wrote:
modskin wrote:This guy Gus from the UK does some amazing stuff all by himself. Username is GUGUG
[youtube]
[/youtube]
He's a really cool fellow. He was in The Kaisers for a bit, too (not this clip, though, I don't think):

[youtube]
[/youtube]
I don't like this as much. Not raw enough.
Image

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4537
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 19 Jun 2008, 11:13am

[youtube]
[/youtube]


thanks Dr. Medulla and Heston.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston » 19 Jun 2008, 11:16am

daredevil wrote:[youtube]
[/youtube]


thanks Dr. Medulla and Heston.
Ah, Carter USM! Now where did I put those shorts? :shifty:
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71077
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jun 2008, 11:04pm

The late great We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Going To Use It:
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Toxana Mellor
User avatar
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 180
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:14pm

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Toxana Mellor » 20 Jun 2008, 3:15am

Suzanne H. wrote:I seee nobody appreciates my posting of A Flock Of Seagulls, Quiet Riot, Blink 182, Queen, and Rick Wakeman??!

Oh well.
I liked the A Flock of Seagulls :)
Image

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4537
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 20 Jun 2008, 10:17am

I didn't know a color video of this existed:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71077
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Jun 2008, 11:03am

daredevil wrote:I didn't know a color video of this existed:

[youtube]
[/youtube]
When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Flex » 20 Jun 2008, 11:11am

Dr. Medulla wrote:When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.
Whoever doesn't think that song is great is a monster. Every time I think that maybe I'm starting to "need more" out of my music, I listen to that song and remember that I'm pretty goddamned happy with loud guitars riffs, anthemic choruses, and a hot singer. It's actually just about one of those "perfect songs" in my mind. Just hits every note it's supposed to and doesn't get old (of course, I wasn't around when it was first getting radio airplay so I've never been inundated with it).

Never seen the video before though, pretty cool.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4537
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil » 20 Jun 2008, 11:17am

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.
Whoever doesn't think that song is great is a monster. Every time I think that maybe I'm starting to "need more" out of my music, I listen to that song and remember that I'm pretty goddamned happy with loud guitars riffs, anthemic choruses, and a hot singer. It's actually just about one of those "perfect songs" in my mind. Just hits every note it's supposed to and doesn't get old (of course, I wasn't around when it was first getting radio airplay so I've never been inundated with it).

Never seen the video before though, pretty cool.
It's one of those songs that you immediately like at your first listen. Back in the day, the BW video was
played alot. When looking for it on youtube I was surprised to find a color video of it.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49221
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Wolter » 20 Jun 2008, 11:28am

daredevil wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.
Whoever doesn't think that song is great is a monster. Every time I think that maybe I'm starting to "need more" out of my music, I listen to that song and remember that I'm pretty goddamned happy with loud guitars riffs, anthemic choruses, and a hot singer. It's actually just about one of those "perfect songs" in my mind. Just hits every note it's supposed to and doesn't get old (of course, I wasn't around when it was first getting radio airplay so I've never been inundated with it).

Never seen the video before though, pretty cool.
It's one of those songs that you immediately like at your first listen. Back in the day, the BW video was
played alot. When looking for it on youtube I was surprised to find a color video of it.
No youtube at work. What song is this?
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Flex » 20 Jun 2008, 11:29am

Wolter wrote:No youtube at work. What song is this?
"Hotel California"
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49221
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Wolter » 20 Jun 2008, 11:30am

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:No youtube at work. What song is this?
"Hotel California"
I hate you, Milkman Dan.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: revbob and 5 guests