The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

General music discussion.
daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by daredevil »

[youtube][/yo<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>utube]

just seeing if i could finally embed a youtube video.

so any tips on how to do it correctly?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:[youtube][/yo<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>utube]

(youtube)

(Switch the parentheses to brackets)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

daredevil wrote:[youtube][/yo<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>utube]

Highlight the web address of the vid, then click on the youtube tag you see on the 'post reply' page. Paste web address between youtube tags.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

Inder wrote:
modskin wrote:This guy Gus from the UK does some amazing stuff all by himself. Username is GUGUG
[youtube][/youtube]
He's a really cool fellow. He was in The Kaisers for a bit, too (not this clip, though, I don't think):

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't like this as much. Not raw enough.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

[youtube][/youtube]

thanks Dr. Medulla and Heston.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

daredevil wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

thanks Dr. Medulla and Heston.
Ah, Carter USM! Now where did I put those shorts? :shifty:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The late great We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Going To Use It:
[youtube][/youtube]
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Toxana Mellor
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Toxana Mellor »

Suzanne H. wrote:I seee nobody appreciates my posting of A Flock Of Seagulls, Quiet Riot, Blink 182, Queen, and Rick Wakeman??!

Oh well.
I liked the A Flock of Seagulls :)

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

I didn't know a color video of this existed:

[youtube][/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:I didn't know a color video of this existed:

[youtube][/youtube]
When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.
Whoever doesn't think that song is great is a monster. Every time I think that maybe I'm starting to "need more" out of my music, I listen to that song and remember that I'm pretty goddamned happy with loud guitars riffs, anthemic choruses, and a hot singer. It's actually just about one of those "perfect songs" in my mind. Just hits every note it's supposed to and doesn't get old (of course, I wasn't around when it was first getting radio airplay so I've never been inundated with it).

Never seen the video before though, pretty cool.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:When I was twelve or thirteen, this was the greatest song that ever was or ever would be recorded. Hearing it again kind of stirs those feelings up once more.
Whoever doesn't think that song is great is a monster. Every time I think that maybe I'm starting to "need more" out of my music, I listen to that song and remember that I'm pretty goddamned happy with loud guitars riffs, anthemic choruses, and a hot singer. It's actually just about one of those "perfect songs" in my mind. Just hits every note it's supposed to and doesn't get old (of course, I wasn't around when it was first getting radio airplay so I've never been inundated with it).

It's one of those songs that you immediately like at your first listen. Back in the day, the BW video was
played alot. When looking for it on youtube I was surprised to find a color video of it.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

daredevil wrote:
Flex wrote:

It's one of those songs that you immediately like at your first listen. Back in the day, the BW video was
played alot. When looking for it on youtube I was surprised to find a color video of it.
No youtube at work. What song is this?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:No youtube at work. What song is this?
"Hotel California"
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:No youtube at work. What song is this?
"Hotel California"
I hate you, Milkman Dan.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"