Page 65 of 94

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 19 Jun 2017, 1:09pm
by tepista
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 6:00pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:33pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:07pm
I've checked the SIRIUS/XM Beatles channel several times now in the 1/2 week it's been up, caught a solo Ringo song every single time.
Weird thing to brag about, but good for you, I guess.
just matter of fact, thats all
You were bragging. I can tell.
Speaking of Ringo, I hear "Boys" almost every day now. What a great song.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 19 Jun 2017, 1:15pm
by Dr. Medulla
tepista wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 1:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 6:00pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:33pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:07pm
I've checked the SIRIUS/XM Beatles channel several times now in the 1/2 week it's been up, caught a solo Ringo song every single time.
Weird thing to brag about, but good for you, I guess.
just matter of fact, thats all
You were bragging. I can tell.
Speaking of Ringo, I hear "Boys" almost every day now. What a great song.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 19 Jun 2017, 1:27pm
by tepista
they must have banged

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 9:14am
by Dr. Medulla
"Revolution 9" remains the red-headed stepchild: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... -song.html

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 9:58am
by coffeepotman
It is basically a TM meditation and the thoughts that race through your mind while meditating, the Number 9 part is the mantra

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 10:32am
by Dr. Medulla
coffeepotman wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 9:58am
It is basically a TM meditation and the thoughts that race through your mind while meditating, the Number 9 part is the mantra
Certainly nothing I listen to often, but I appreciate the juxtaposition of the mantra against the chaos. I imagine there might be something revealing about the listener, whether they're drawn to the droning repetition or the noise.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 11:17am
by coffeepotman
It's a waste of 8 minutes, it really belonged on Two Virgins, that being said I think it is a pretty interesting piece being able to transpose the thoughts in your mind and replicate them through music is pretty amazing. As Lou Reed said "between thought and expression..."

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 12:04pm
by Dr. Medulla
coffeepotman wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 11:17am
It's a waste of 8 minutes, it really belonged on Two Virgins, that being said I think it is a pretty interesting piece being able to transpose the thoughts in your mind and replicate them through music is pretty amazing. As Lou Reed said "between thought and expression..."
Yeah, I agree. The White Album is a collection of divergent directions—Devin McKinney, in Magic Circles, argues that it's that disunity that makes the album so reflective of 1968 itself—but with the exception of R9, they're all recognizable conventional songs. It's naked intrusion makes it easier to skip. And it's followed up with the soppy awfulness of "Good Night," so, really, just hit stop after "Cry, Baby, Cry."

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 1:24pm
by Marky Dread
It's an outtake from Metal Box.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 09 Jul 2017, 6:24pm
by Dr. Medulla
https://www.sporcle.com/games/MitchellG ... board-hits

11/20. Inder, anything less than 16 and you should be forced to listen to "Freedom" on a loop for five hours straight.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 23 Jul 2017, 5:57pm
by Inder

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 23 Jul 2017, 6:18pm
by Inder
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 6:24pm
https://www.sporcle.com/games/MitchellG ... board-hits

11/20. Inder, anything less than 16 and you should be forced to listen to "Freedom" on a loop for five hours straight.
14 :disshame: :disshame: :disshame:

The ones I should've had were Junior's Farm and Another Day.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 23 Jul 2017, 6:22pm
by Dr. Medulla
Inder wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 6:24pm
https://www.sporcle.com/games/MitchellG ... board-hits

11/20. Inder, anything less than 16 and you should be forced to listen to "Freedom" on a loop for five hours straight.
14 :disshame: :disshame: :disshame:

The ones I should've had were Junior's Farm and Another Day.
I thought Mull of Kintyre was a massive hit in the 70s, but that wasn't one of the answers.

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 23 Jul 2017, 8:41pm
by Inder
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 6:22pm
Inder wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 6:24pm
https://www.sporcle.com/games/MitchellG ... board-hits

11/20. Inder, anything less than 16 and you should be forced to listen to "Freedom" on a loop for five hours straight.
14 :disshame: :disshame: :disshame:

The ones I should've had were Junior's Farm and Another Day.
I thought Mull of Kintyre was a massive hit in the 70s, but that wasn't one of the answers.
Yowza:
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.41.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.41.18 PM.png (203.77 KiB) Viewed 1529 times

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Posted: 24 Jul 2017, 3:47am
by Heston
Inder wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 8:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 6:22pm
Inder wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 6:24pm
https://www.sporcle.com/games/MitchellG ... board-hits

11/20. Inder, anything less than 16 and you should be forced to listen to "Freedom" on a loop for five hours straight.
14 :disshame: :disshame: :disshame:

The ones I should've had were Junior's Farm and Another Day.
I thought Mull of Kintyre was a massive hit in the 70s, but that wasn't one of the answers.
Yowza:

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.41.18 PM.png
There are lots of these bizarre anomalies with the US record buying public. Songs that sell millions around the world failing to even chart in the States. I liken it to the soccer situation where everyone got it but the Yanks.