Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:33pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:07pm
I've checked the SIRIUS/XM Beatles channel several times now in the 1/2 week it's been up, caught a solo Ringo song every single time.
Weird thing to brag about, but good for you, I guess.
just matter of fact, thats all
You were bragging. I can tell.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 6:00pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:33pm
tepista wrote:
23 May 2017, 5:07pm
I've checked the SIRIUS/XM Beatles channel several times now in the 1/2 week it's been up, caught a solo Ringo song every single time.
Weird thing to brag about, but good for you, I guess.
just matter of fact, thats all
You were bragging. I can tell.

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
24 May 2017, 9:06am
Now *that's* funny.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I remember watching an episode of the short-lived Rock n Roll Jeopardy, and one of the contestants had a Ringo story. He was either working at a music supply shop or was working for the promoter of one of Ringo's concerts (likely the former). He needed, I think, guitar strings but thought the guy in question should pay for them or give them for free. "Come on, do it for Ringo," he cooed. And, indeed, he didn't have to pay.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 12:44pm
I remember watching an episode of the short-lived Rock n Roll Jeopardy, and one of the contestants had a Ringo story. He was either working at a music supply shop or was working for the promoter of one of Ringo's concerts (likely the former). He needed, I think, guitar strings but thought the guy in question should pay for them or give them for free. "Come on, do it for Ringo," he cooed. And, indeed, he didn't have to pay.
I miss Rock and Roll Jeopardy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hosted by Jeff Probst, before Survivor, I thinking. It was while watching that that I started calling him the Grinning Skull. He just has this creepy smile where his face goes so taut as to seem like a skull.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:28pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hosted by Jeff Probst, before Survivor, I thinking. It was while watching that that I started calling him the Grinning Skull. He just has this creepy smile where his face goes so taut as to seem like a skull.
Yeah I agree. Looked like his face skin was fixin to snap like a thrice-used dental dam.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:28pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah I agree. Looked like his face skin was fixin to snap like a thrice-used dental dam.
Now there's a simile you don't hear very often.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:40pm
Now there's a simile you don't hear very often.
:ugeek: :cool:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Just listened to the first part of a great new doc about the making of Pepper, not sure if available in the North America...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qqgm0
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2017, 4:32pm
Just listened to the first part of a great new doc about the making of Pepper, not sure if available in the North America...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qqgm0
Cool—I'll be recording this. Thanks for sharing the link.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dudes and dudettes, in case you have trouble accessing the Pepper documentary because it's driving on the wrong side of the road, I recorded and uploaded it: https://www.mediafire.com/?x30j6cv3z471fn8

(Haven't listened to it yet, tho.)

The second part isn't till next week, but I'll do the same for that.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I remember Mark McGrath was incredibly good at that.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.