The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3614
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 1:03pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 4:40pm
Abbey Road gets the multi-disc re-release treatment.
https://www.uncut.co.uk/news/read-compl ... ons-111620
Goddamn it, I barely have room for the Pepper's and White Album ones.
It's inevitable that Revolver and Rubber Soul are next.
I wish they had done those first.
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Tom checks the ingredients on "Uncle Pusher's Old Timey Cocaine Filled Cider" - Silent Majority

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 1:03pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 4:40pm
Abbey Road gets the multi-disc re-release treatment.
https://www.uncut.co.uk/news/read-compl ... ons-111620
Goddamn it, I barely have room for the Pepper's and White Album ones.
It's inevitable that Revolver and Rubber Soul are next.
I wish they had done those first.
They want to roll these things out as close to anniversaries as possible, I'm sure. So we'll get Rubber Soul next year and Revolver in 2021 as 55th anniversary super-duper spectaculars.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:04pm
WestwayKid wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 1:03pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 4:40pm
Abbey Road gets the multi-disc re-release treatment.
https://www.uncut.co.uk/news/read-compl ... ons-111620
Goddamn it, I barely have room for the Pepper's and White Album ones.
It's inevitable that Revolver and Rubber Soul are next.
I wish they had done those first.
They want to roll these things out as close to anniversaries as possible, I'm sure. So we'll get Rubber Soul next year and Revolver in 2021 as 55th anniversary super-duper spectaculars.
Criminy. Maybe I'll buy them, rip them, and sell them. I just don't have the room anymore.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:04pm
WestwayKid wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 1:03pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 12:55pm


Goddamn it, I barely have room for the Pepper's and White Album ones.
It's inevitable that Revolver and Rubber Soul are next.
I wish they had done those first.
They want to roll these things out as close to anniversaries as possible, I'm sure. So we'll get Rubber Soul next year and Revolver in 2021 as 55th anniversary super-duper spectaculars.
Criminy. Maybe I'll buy them, rip them, and sell them. I just don't have the room anymore.
While I appreciate your concern that Ringo might starve without the royalties, if the intent is to sell, why buy in the first place?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:28pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:04pm
WestwayKid wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 1:03pm


It's inevitable that Revolver and Rubber Soul are next.
I wish they had done those first.
They want to roll these things out as close to anniversaries as possible, I'm sure. So we'll get Rubber Soul next year and Revolver in 2021 as 55th anniversary super-duper spectaculars.
Criminy. Maybe I'll buy them, rip them, and sell them. I just don't have the room anymore.
While I appreciate your concern that Ringo might starve without the royalties, if the intent is to sell, why buy in the first place?
So I can read the book, and support my local shop.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 4:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:28pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:04pm
WestwayKid wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:02pm


I wish they had done those first.
They want to roll these things out as close to anniversaries as possible, I'm sure. So we'll get Rubber Soul next year and Revolver in 2021 as 55th anniversary super-duper spectaculars.
Criminy. Maybe I'll buy them, rip them, and sell them. I just don't have the room anymore.
While I appreciate your concern that Ringo might starve without the royalties, if the intent is to sell, why buy in the first place?
So I can read the book, and support my local shop.
Those ethics keep you from being an Xer, you know.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 4:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:28pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 2:04pm


They want to roll these things out as close to anniversaries as possible, I'm sure. So we'll get Rubber Soul next year and Revolver in 2021 as 55th anniversary super-duper spectaculars.
Criminy. Maybe I'll buy them, rip them, and sell them. I just don't have the room anymore.
While I appreciate your concern that Ringo might starve without the royalties, if the intent is to sell, why buy in the first place?
So I can read the book, and support my local shop.
Those ethics keep you from being an Xer, you know.
You mean the forgotten generation? Whew!
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 6:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 4:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:28pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:20pm


Criminy. Maybe I'll buy them, rip them, and sell them. I just don't have the room anymore.
While I appreciate your concern that Ringo might starve without the royalties, if the intent is to sell, why buy in the first place?
So I can read the book, and support my local shop.
Those ethics keep you from being an Xer, you know.
You mean the forgotten generation? Whew!
Xers are the holders of the Chalice of Skepticism, carried within the Ark of Resigned Cynicism. We are as useless as Boomers, but acknowledge this and take no pride in it.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 6:49pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 6:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 4:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 3:28pm


While I appreciate your concern that Ringo might starve without the royalties, if the intent is to sell, why buy in the first place?
So I can read the book, and support my local shop.
Those ethics keep you from being an Xer, you know.
You mean the forgotten generation? Whew!
Xers are the holders of the Chalice of Skepticism, carried within the Ark of Resigned Cynicism. We are as useless as Boomers, but acknowledge this and take no pride in it.
Whatever, man
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 7:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 6:49pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 6:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 4:30pm


So I can read the book, and support my local shop.
Those ethics keep you from being an Xer, you know.
You mean the forgotten generation? Whew!
Xers are the holders of the Chalice of Skepticism, carried within the Ark of Resigned Cynicism. We are as useless as Boomers, but acknowledge this and take no pride in it.
Whatever, man
It's too late to suck up!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9578
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Inder »



👏👏👏👏👏

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15646
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Silent Majority »

IMG_20190825_182844.jpg
Let it Beatles: a decent tribute band. There was a Stones tribute, these guys and a Kinks tribute. We left before the Kinx came on cos it was so madly hot.
there's a lot of wreckage in the ravine


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Neat twist to conventional thinking about Abbey Road being the purposeful swan song: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... rnsey-road
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 45624
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 6:08am
Neat twist to conventional thinking about Abbey Road being the purposeful swan song: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... rnsey-road
Interesting interview and not that surprising they were still considering something more. But you can hear from John when he makes the back handed comment regards to George's song writing that the writing was on the wall.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87841
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 7:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 6:08am
Neat twist to conventional thinking about Abbey Road being the purposeful swan song: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... rnsey-road
Interesting interview and not that surprising they were still considering something more. But you can hear from John when he makes the back handed comment regards to George's song writing that the writing was on the wall.
You mean Paul's comment about George (it's baffling how petty and sniping Paul could be toward George, like he felt he had to keep the youngest one in his place). But yeah, it had run its course. I maintain that what sets the Beatles apart favourably from their peers at the time (Beach Boys, Rolling Stones, most prominently) is that they quit before the rot set in. Leave while the audience is calling for more, not when they're throwing tomatoes or yawning.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply