I'm listening to Propagandhi...

General music discussion.
threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

I'm listening to Propagandhi...

Post by threecoffins »

..in preparation for Sunday's show. I haven't been this giddy in a long time. I loved these guys in high school, especially the first two albums, but somehow never managed to get to a show (they also tour maybe once a decade).

I wanna chew my bubble gum with you.
And I wanna walk you home from school.
And I wanna carry your books to every class.
And I wanna fuck you up the ass.
:mrgreen:

In A Rut
Dirty Punk

Re: I'm listening to Propagandhi...

Post by In A Rut »

threecoffins wrote:..in preparation for Sunday's show. I haven't been this giddy in a long time. I loved these guys in high school, especially the first two albums, but somehow never managed to get to a show (they also tour maybe once a decade).

i used to see them play here in Winnipeg when i was in high school/early university (1989-1994). i liked them a lot back them (i still have one of their demo tapes somewhere). they got really annoying around the time they signed to Fat (too self righteuos and way too preachy for my liking). a band i was in during the mid 90s got into a few disagreements/arguments with them (some of it had to do with John the bassplayer at the time - now in the Weakerthans - a band i really can't stand but that's another story).

that being said, all those disagreements were a long time ago and seem silly now. Jord (drummer) is a really nice guy and the others are too. i am glad they are doing well, even though i don't really care for the music.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Re: I'm listening to Propagandhi...

Post by threecoffins »

In A Rut wrote:
threecoffins wrote:..in preparation for Sunday's show. I haven't been this giddy in a long time. I loved these guys in high school, especially the first two albums, but somehow never managed to get to a show (they also tour maybe once a decade).

i used to see them play here in Winnipeg when i was in high school/early university (1989-1994). i liked them a lot back them (i still have one of their demo tapes somewhere). they got really annoying around the time they signed to Fat (too self righteuos and way too preachy for my liking). a band i was in during the mid 90s got into a few disagreements/arguments with them (some of it had to do with John the bassplayer at the time - now in the Weakerthans - a band i really can't stand but that's another story).

that being said, all those disagreements were a long time ago and seem silly now. Jord (drummer) is a really nice guy and the others are too. i am glad they are doing well, even though i don't really care for the music.
That's cool, Winnipeg had a pretty cool punk scene back then. I've always been happy with them doing their self-righteous thing, though I've never delved into the reading lists! I'm not a politically-minded person, so I've always just enjoyed the riffs. Haven't listened to them in years, but it was cool to break them out again pre-show.