15 Feb 2018, 8:12pm
Flex wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 7:54pm
revbob wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 7:53pm
This is a thing that is allowed to exist
http://eaglemaniaband.com
you going to their vermont gig?
revbob's stealth promoting them because he's their Henley.
You should see my ponytail.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 8:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 8:12pm
Flex wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 7:54pm
revbob wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 7:53pm
This is a thing that is allowed to exist
http://eaglemaniaband.com
you going to their vermont gig?
revbob's stealth promoting them because he's their Henley.
You should see my ponytail.
Peaceful, easy, and feeling, bro.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was at my old favorite beer and liquor store earlier. They had the local classic rock station playing. Some Foreigner song when I walked in and there was one customer who was rocking out head tilted back slightly and turning it from side to side mouthing the words to the chorus.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:21pm
I was at my old favorite beer and liquor store earlier. They had the local classic rock station playing. Some Foreigner song when I walked in and there was one customer who was rocking out head tilted back slightly and turning it from side to side mouthing the words to the chorus.
Unless it's that beyond-awful ballad from the mid-80s, there are three prime suspects: Juke Box Hero, Hotblooded, or Urgent. And I fucking hate that those three popped in my head in under two seconds.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

revbob wrote:
There's only one Foreigner song I remotely like - Feels Like The First Time. And only cuz it reminds me of being 13 and discovering the wonderment that was girls. Next year was Anarchy In the UK. One I would rock out to in public. One I wouldn't.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
Hello,

How long had the fellow been in the liquor store?

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

gkbill wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 7:05pm
revbob wrote:
Hello,

How long had the fellow been in the liquor store?
Hahahahaha!!! Nice one, Bill!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:57pm
revbob wrote:
There's only one Foreigner song I remotely like - Feels Like The First Time. And only cuz it reminds me of being 13 and discovering the wonderment that was girls. Next year was Anarchy In the UK. One I would rock out to in public. One I wouldn't.
Had I known it was you I would have introduced myself.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 7:44pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:57pm
revbob wrote:
Had I known it was you I would have introduced myself.
Wait...no...wasn't me...Heston was in the US at the time, check in with him :twitch:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

An observation: Yeah, I'd karaoke The Fall's "Touch Sensitive." There probably aren't more than three or four other songs I'd try, but that one is too much fun (and doesn't require legit singing).

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:50pm
revbob wrote:
Unless it's that beyond-awful ballad from the mid-80s, there are three prime suspects: Juke Box Hero, Hotblooded, or Urgent. And I fucking hate that those three popped in my head in under two seconds.
Almost 20 years ago, my buddy David, who tended bar at my hangout, bought a “nice price” Best of Foreigner album and put it on at happy hour one day. I was horrified to learn I somehow knew all 10 or so songs on it. I didn’t really *like* any, but I was hoping I wouldn’t know more than a couple.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 10:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:50pm
revbob wrote:
Almost 20 years ago, my buddy David, who tended bar at my hangout, bought a “nice price” Best of Foreigner album and put it on at happy hour one day. I was horrified to learn I somehow knew all 10 or so songs on it. I didn’t really *like* any, but I was hoping I wouldn’t know more than a couple.
Ill admit to knowing but not liking way too many Foreigner songs.

Hell 1 would be too much but yeah I probably know 5 anyway.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Say, what's more annoying than that Black-eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" song? How about "I Gotta Feeling" as an instrumental with strings and piano while on hold? Just that little extra fuck you from corporate customer service. X(

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 4:08pm
Say, what's more annoying than that Black-eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" song? How about "I Gotta Feeling" as an instrumental with strings and piano while on hold? Just that little extra fuck you from corporate customer service. X(
I don't mind that song. :shifty:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 4:08pm
I don't mind that song. :shifty: