The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36200
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Dec 2017, 1:18am

gkbill wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 11:54pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 9:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 9:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 9:05pm
Because Amazon has appropriated this monstrosity for ads in the last couple weeks, I would like it be known, clear and certain, that I fucking hate Supertramp's "Give a Little Bit." I'll take anything off of Wolter's Awesome Hesher Mix Tape 1992 over that eight days a week.
Only seven days a week mate. Never longer never shorter it's the law.
The Beatles say otherwise and they're the Beatles.
Who?
Hello,

The Who did Eight Days a Week? I thought that was Gerry and the Pacemakers.
I think you are one of Freddie and the Dreamers.
Image
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26786
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 06 Dec 2017, 4:30am

I saw a vagrant busking a great version of Give a Little Bit in my local high street the other day. I gave him a pound and said, "That's super, tramp."
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Dec 2017, 7:40am

Wolter wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:39pm
Wolter wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 9:05pm
Because Amazon has appropriated this monstrosity for ads in the last couple weeks, I would like it be known, clear and certain, that I fucking hate Supertramp's "Give a Little Bit." I'll take anything off of Wolter's Awesome Hesher Mix Tape 1992 over that eight days a week.
92? HOPE YOU LIKE HELMET!
It could be you performing Motorhead lyrics like Shakespeare into a cheap-ass Radio Shack tape recorder and it's better than Supertramp.
Well, now I know what I'm doing for EET WEEK...
"Play To Win" will get the reading it's always deserved!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25512
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Flex » 06 Dec 2017, 12:18pm

Heston wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 4:30am
I saw a vagrant busking a great version of Give a Little Bit in my local high street the other day. I gave him a pound and said, "That's super, tramp."
this post deserves some love
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15911
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by JennyB » 06 Dec 2017, 1:32pm

Wolter wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 9:05pm
Because Amazon has appropriated this monstrosity for ads in the last couple weeks, I would like it be known, clear and certain, that I fucking hate Supertramp's "Give a Little Bit." I'll take anything off of Wolter's Awesome Hesher Mix Tape 1992 over that eight days a week.
92? HOPE YOU LIKE HELMET!
I actually liked Helmet but I hate the way they dressed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36200
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Dec 2017, 4:37pm

Heston wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 4:30am
I saw a vagrant busking a great version of Give a Little Bit in my local high street the other day. I gave him a pound and said, "That's super, tramp."
That joke has left me feeling a little down and out.
Image
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15911
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by JennyB » 08 Dec 2017, 10:58am

I see that none of you have the guts to bring this up <smug>:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-sheeran
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Dec 2017, 11:22am

JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:58am
I see that none of you have the guts to bring this up <smug>:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-sheeran
That is quite remarkable. And suggestive that fandom is still, at its heart, about trying to have some kind of connection with other humans. Nurture that sincerely and good things can still occur.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15911
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by JennyB » 08 Dec 2017, 11:23am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:22am
JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:58am
I see that none of you have the guts to bring this up <smug>:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-sheeran
That is quite remarkable. And suggestive that fandom is still, at its heart, about trying to have some kind of connection with other humans. Nurture that sincerely and good things can still occur.
I could have done without the Greatful Dead comparison though.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Dec 2017, 11:33am

JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:22am
JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:58am
I see that none of you have the guts to bring this up <smug>:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-sheeran
That is quite remarkable. And suggestive that fandom is still, at its heart, about trying to have some kind of connection with other humans. Nurture that sincerely and good things can still occur.
I could have done without the Greatful Dead comparison though.
It can't all be plaques and hams, you know …

(Google it if you don't know the reference.)
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15911
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by JennyB » 08 Dec 2017, 11:52am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:33am
JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:22am
JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:58am
I see that none of you have the guts to bring this up <smug>:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-sheeran
That is quite remarkable. And suggestive that fandom is still, at its heart, about trying to have some kind of connection with other humans. Nurture that sincerely and good things can still occur.
I could have done without the Greatful Dead comparison though.
It can't all be plaques and hams, you know …

(Google it if you don't know the reference.)
It always comes down to a Simpson's reference with you people... :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8251
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Kory » 08 Dec 2017, 2:50pm

JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:33am
JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:22am
JennyB wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:58am
I see that none of you have the guts to bring this up <smug>:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-sheeran
That is quite remarkable. And suggestive that fandom is still, at its heart, about trying to have some kind of connection with other humans. Nurture that sincerely and good things can still occur.
I could have done without the Greatful Dead comparison though.
It can't all be plaques and hams, you know …

(Google it if you don't know the reference.)
It always comes down to a Simpson's reference with you people... :mrgreen:
Pressed peanut sweepings.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Dec 2017, 1:35pm

An expression of angst: I'm about to read a term paper about Supertramp's Breakfast in America. X(
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Dec 2017, 7:52pm

An expression of joy: a paper on Cyndi Lauper and wrestling. It's quite wonderful.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26786
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Heston » 09 Dec 2017, 9:15pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 1:35pm
An expression of angst: I'm about to read a term paper about Supertramp's Breakfast in America. X(
Great song.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests