101Walterton
The Best

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

eumaas wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 4:34pm
101Walterton wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 4:33pm
I’m not a defender of the system either but I don’t buy in to the theory when applied to the real world.
I want an end domestic violence so that every man woman and child had a safe place. However I am not niaive enough to believe that the world could ever change so that that could happen.
You can become a millionaire from nothing and yes it will take a slice of luck along the way however every day you need a slice of luck not to die or be killed!
We all strive to better our position in life and don’t we all want to make a better life for our children but according to this thread it is only ok to a certain point.
When is that? When is it ok to get a pay rise but at what point is it not ok?
It is ok to get your kids out of the mouldy council house on the crack estate but when do you cross the line, semi detached, bedroom each, grass in the garden?
Is it ok for your kids to go to university if they leave with massive debt but not if you pay for their education?
I believe Inder split the thread. Maybe repost it here: http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... &start=105

edit: I mean that I am certain I and others want to address your post but not in here since the thread was split off.
That would be a suicide mission 😂

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wait, wait...did we just get moderated for the second time in a whole month??? :whoa:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 12:40pm
Wait, wait...did we just get moderated for the second time in a whole month??? :whoa:
He's drunk with power!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im amazed at the amount of song lyrics that are seared into my memory. On my way to work an old Sabbath song came up on my song shuffle. It was The Warning. Not a bad song but hardly one that most fans even would likely name as a favorite, nor is it one of mine but I know the lyrics to that song. I doubt it is even a song I ever listened to that much. I sometimes wonder if my brain could have been used for a higher purpose than insignificant song lyrics and phone numbers from 30 - 40 years ago.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 8:00am
Im amazed at the amount of song lyrics that are seared into my memory. On my way to work an old Sabbath song came up on my song shuffle. It was The Warning. Not a bad song but hardly one that most fans even would likely name as a favorite, nor is it one of mine but I know the lyrics to that song. I doubt it is even a song I ever listened to that much. I sometimes wonder if my brain could have been used for a higher purpose than insignificant song lyrics and phone numbers from 30 - 40 years ago.
Would you really be happier knowing how to do quadratic equations over recurring Mark Trail characters? I don't think so.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
Wait 'til you start humming WBTCORAR on the way to work. Then you'll wish you didn't have a brain at all.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 9:14am
revbob wrote:
Wait 'til you start humming WBTCORAR on the way to work. Then you'll wish you didn't have a brain at all.
I know the song exists but I doubt I ever heard much more than 30 seconds of it. I've gotten better but I can be pretty intolerant of music I hate. In some ways that's served me quite well

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

A buddy was in the studio with a Name Producer the other day and played some demos I'd done for our little (forthcoming) project — he said "this guy sounds like a big McCartney fan."

😎😎😎

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
22 Apr 2018, 12:29am
A buddy was in the studio with a Name Producer the other day and played some demos I'd done for our little (forthcoming) project — he said "this guy sounds like a big McCartney fan."

😎😎😎
Felix's strut works well with the post.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, William Corgan seems to think dangerous is synonymous with dipshit or idiotic. Can we crowdsource to buy him a dictionary or thesaurus?
http://www.nme.com/news/music/billy-cor ... er-2300409

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 12:01pm
Well, William Corgan seems to think dangerous is synonymous with dipshit or idiotic. Can we crowdsource to buy him a dictionary or thesaurus?
http://www.nme.com/news/music/billy-cor ... er-2300409
"I'm dangerous," says irrelevant singer in a simply adorable winter hat.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

An unbelievable labour of love from this bloke...

https://www.demilked.com/photography-re ... x-bartsch/
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 2:39pm
An unbelievable labour of love from this bloke...

https://www.demilked.com/photography-re ... x-bartsch/
That's pretty incredible
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

This is my new favorite everything.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QFSPIshiqS4
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 9:06pm
This is my new favorite everything.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QFSPIshiqS4
The question is what were you searching for when you found that?
Last edited by 101Walterton on 23 Apr 2018, 9:10pm, edited 1 time in total.