The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Wolter »

So, “Too Shy” came on the radio at the Starbucks and my god a) what a mediocre song and b) everything except the chorus is so forgettable that despite having heard it roughly 8 jillion times, I didn’t know what song it was UNTIL the chorus and b) less than 20 minutes after I heard it, I can’t remember what anything but the chorus sounded like.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 5:00pm
So, “Too Shy” came on the radio at the Starbucks and my god a) what a mediocre song and b) everything except the chorus is so forgettable that despite having heard it roughly 8 jillion times, I didn’t know what song it was UNTIL the chorus and b) less than 20 minutes after I heard it, I can’t remember what anything but the chorus sounded like.
That song sucks.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 5:22pm
Wolter wrote:
Heston likes that song.
Accuratized.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
I really have no idea what people have been talkimg about so like the dead cow on the beach I had to go take a look. And in both cases I was disappointed because:
A) the dead cow was gone
B) this song sucks

Was this song actually popular at one point?? This is why I hated the 80s so damn much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 4:31pm
Was this song actually popular at one point?? This is why I hated the 80s so damn much.
Top Ten one-hit wonder kind of thing, but it always shows up on lazy 80s compilations and similarly lazy 80s video segments, mainly, I'm reasonably sure, because they had a weirdo name. So for that reason it remains in a kind of rotation.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
Possibly my most hated song of all time. Evrything about is just wrong.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:06pm
Wolter wrote:
Even I don't like it.

Contrary to what Wolter says I think the bridge and chorus are very catchy, the verse is less so but not as forgettable as he makes out.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 5:45pm
revbob wrote:
Top Ten one-hit wonder kind of thing, but it always shows up on lazy 80s compilations and similarly lazy 80s video segments, mainly, I'm reasonably sure, because they had a weirdo name. So for that reason it remains in a kind of rotation.
Im glad I lived the 80s in a self imposed embargo of such crappy music. Makes me appreciate all the great 80s punk and hardcore so much more.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Im glad I lived the 80s in a self imposed embargo of such crappy music. Makes me appreciate all the great 80s punk and hardcore so much more.
i did much of the same in the late 90s.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 6:06pm
Wolter wrote:
Even I don't like it.

Contrary to what Wolter says I think the bridge and chorus are very catchy, the verse is less so but not as forgettable as he makes out.
i was being literal. i could and cannot remember anything but the chorus.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Growing up in a small town on the northern prairies, the music available was pretty much top 40 or country. It actually made my discovery of punk really meaningful. A honest-to-goodness Saul Road to Damascus moment. Far more than any kind book learnin', that was what sent me on a better path.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 7:09pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Growing up in a small town on the northern prairies, the music available was pretty much top 40 or country. It actually made my discovery of punk really meaningful. A honest-to-goodness Saul Road to Damascus moment. Far more than any kind book learnin', that was what sent me on a better path.
Yeah i was lucky in that I lived in a place where I could tune in so many NYC area college radio stations. I found so much good music that way. And there was one cool record store that was a 1 hr bus ride away. I could hear stuff on the radio and if it wasnt too obscure buy the records at that store. I almost never listened to the commercial radio stations that probably were playing the kajajaroos and other crap. And we didnt have cable tv so no MTV either. As a result people will often refer to some crappy 80s music saying "you must have heard ____ ". And I can honestly say no. Even most parties I would go to tended to play "classic rock".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

From an article I'm reading about music and hypnotism/brainwashing. This would be a solid album cover photo and/or poster.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 7:30pm

From an article I'm reading about music and hypnotism/brainwashing. This would be a solid album cover photo and/or poster.
Yeah good cover art for sure, along with the photo Tep posted of the priests with their ar15s. The Onion really has been outdone by reality in some ways.