15 Mar 2020, 5:15pm
101Walterton wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 4:58pm
revbob wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 10:00am
The Bands Who Are Refusing to Let Coronavirus Stop Their Tours

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/reveren ... ronavirus/

Good news 101 :shifty:
The Exploited began their tour of New Zealand and Australia last night in Auckland.
Exploited? No thanks saw them back in the day and thought they were s#!t then.
Yeah I was just kidding. I think they're pretty awful too.
😂
When I first got into punk, I picked up a copy of Horror Epics that I found in a used shop. I liked it, but at that point I liked anything and everything punk. I doubt I'd find much to it now.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Low Down Low »

Thinking this might not actually be too bad. Interesting support cast. Used to really like the Brian Pern show when it was on.

"Spandau Ballet global superstars Gary and Martin Kemp are to star in a new one-off spoof documentary, playing themselves recording a new album.

Made by BBC Studios, The Kemps: All True will see Rhys Thomas (spoiler) OBE interview the pair about their lives and careers following Spandau Ballet’s 40th anniversary celebrations in December. As part of Spandau Ballet, the pair have sold more than 25 million albums with 23 hit singles worldwide, and in 2011 they received a BMI award after hit single True became one of the most played songs in US history.

As well as looking back at their musical history, The Kemps: All True sees the Kemps other passions: Martin attempts to launch a new film franchise and Gary plans a new Vegan meat-substitute, Wonge.

Perry Benson (The Real McCoy, Operation Good Guys, Benidorm, Oh You Rang M'Lord?) features as their brother ‘Ross Kemp’. The Kemps: All True also features Simon Day (The Life Of Rock with Brian Pern, The Fast Show), Anna Maxwell Martin (Line Of Duty, Motherland), Daniel Mays (Line Of Duty, Good Omens), Alan Ford (Snatch, Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels), Shirlie Holliman (Pepsi & Shirlie), Lucy Montgomery (Tracey Ullman's Show, The Life Of Rock With Brian Pern, The Fast Show), Tony Way (Extras, Black Books, After Life) and Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who)."

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Low Down Low wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 6:30pm
Thinking this might not actually be too bad. Interesting support cast. Used to really like the Brian Pern show when it was on.

"Spandau Ballet global superstars Gary and Martin Kemp are to star in a new one-off spoof documentary, playing themselves recording a new album.

Made by BBC Studios, The Kemps: All True will see Rhys Thomas (spoiler) OBE interview the pair about their lives and careers following Spandau Ballet’s 40th anniversary celebrations in December. As part of Spandau Ballet, the pair have sold more than 25 million albums with 23 hit singles worldwide, and in 2011 they received a BMI award after hit single True became one of the most played songs in US history.

As well as looking back at their musical history, The Kemps: All True sees the Kemps other passions: Martin attempts to launch a new film franchise and Gary plans a new Vegan meat-substitute, Wonge.

Perry Benson (The Real McCoy, Operation Good Guys, Benidorm, Oh You Rang M'Lord?) features as their brother ‘Ross Kemp’. The Kemps: All True also features Simon Day (The Life Of Rock with Brian Pern, The Fast Show), Anna Maxwell Martin (Line Of Duty, Motherland), Daniel Mays (Line Of Duty, Good Omens), Alan Ford (Snatch, Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels), Shirlie Holliman (Pepsi & Shirlie), Lucy Montgomery (Tracey Ullman's Show, The Life Of Rock With Brian Pern, The Fast Show), Tony Way (Extras, Black Books, After Life) and Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who)."
Yep good cast could be interesting 👍

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 10:42pm
Low Down Low wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 6:30pm

Yep good cast could be interesting 👍
Perry Benson was no Paul Cook.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

This is just Trevor Horn and his mates jamming on "Two Tribes" but it shows what a great song was sitting behind the overblown facade of the record. Love the vibe on this...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 6:02pm
This is just Trevor Horn and his mates jamming on "Two Tribes" but it shows what a great song was sitting behind the overblown facade of the record. Love the vibe on this...

Great stuff. Still needs a Watt-Roy though.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That is good, tho I think the subject matter justified that overblown production. Walking the donkey between the eyes with a 2 x 4 to get its attention.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 6:05pm
Heston wrote:

Fantastic. Enjoyed that.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 6:10pm
That is good, tho I think the subject matter justified that overblown production.
Yeah, totally. But sometimes the glossy sheen can hide some great nuances.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 6:10pm
That is good, tho I think the subject matter justified that overblown production.
Yeah, totally. But sometimes the glossy sheen can hide some great nuances.
Right—I never would have thought of that song as having that kind of substance to it. That the "musicians" of the group were especially limited probably shapes my view.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

13 Live Performances and Concert Films to Stream During Self-Isolation

There's some good stuff in here, some you may have already seen.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/13-live- ... ntine/amp/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:09pm

Some interesting stuff there. Always liked Roisin Murphy but never listened to Moloko much. That NIN Woodstock gig is insane!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 6:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 6:05pm
Heston wrote:

Fantastic. Enjoyed that.
Yeah it was hypnotic.
I liked the single.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

For the next week, the complete digital archives of The Wire are free: https://tinyurl.com/rcpcnj8

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:30pm
revbob wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:09pm

Some interesting stuff there. Always liked Roisin Murphy but never listened to Moloko much. That NIN Woodstock gig is insane!
Big Moloko fan here.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc