The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 2:27am
As we await proper, full band, versions, here are a couple of demos I worked up with the aid of a USB interface, guitar, and software instruments. I suspect bashing out piano bits killed my keyboard, but these are the sacrifices we make for art. Vox are all scratch, run through a laptop mic, so spare me your cruel jibes.

The Ratodrome
Candy (inst)
Fixing to See About
Young Animals
Afternoon Drama

These were "mixed" on earbuds at max volume, so please reproduce this environment on playback.

Thank you.
Looking forward to hearing these fully produced with the vocal higher in the mix. Afternoon Drama is great has that Kinks/Libertines feel to it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Cheers, fellas.

The plan is to do some studio sessions in the fall and start gigging again -- looking forward to getting back in the saddle. 😎😎😎

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 5:59am
Good stuff Inder. Fixing To See About would have fitted nicely on Exile On Main Street,
Or Elgin Avenue Breakdown, if I'm hearing that first line correctly.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 11:22am
Cheers, fellas.

The plan is to do some studio sessions in the fall and start gigging again -- looking forward to getting back in the saddle. 😎😎😎
Best of luck mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Inder wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 2:27am
As we await proper, full band, versions, here are a couple of demos I worked up with the aid of a USB interface, guitar, and software instruments. I suspect bashing out piano bits killed my keyboard, but these are the sacrifices we make for art. Vox are all scratch, run through a laptop mic, so spare me your cruel jibes.

The Ratodrome
Candy (inst)
Fixing to See About
Young Animals
Afternoon Drama

These were "mixed" on earbuds at max volume, so please reproduce this environment on playback.

Thank you.
Had a listen on my phone I really like it will listen properly later. Can hear your musical influences in there how much did you write?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 7:32am
A curiosity soon to be tested: The armband holder for my iPod when I bike is in rough shape, so I went on eBay to order a new one. While I was there, I poked around looking for a back-up pair of earbuds. The ones I have work fine, but the plastic-rubber coating is wearing off in areas. I've used that spray-on stuff to cover it. Works fine, tho it looks now like they were made by Dr. Frankenstein. Whatever. Still, I figured a back-up pair wouldn't b a bad idea. Out of curiosity, I ordered from China a pair that cost, no lie, $1.50, free shipping. I expect them to be complete crap, despite the claim of "max bass," but I was intrigued what $1.50 headphones would sound like. For listening to audiobooks, they don't have to great dynamics, so they may end up being okay for that. In a couple months, I'll find out!
Curiosity: Satisfied. The earbuds arrived and the sound is … shit. Zero bass whatsoever. Like listening to one of rcs' prized wax cylinder recordings thru soup cans and a string. The only thing good about them is that the wires are encased in string rather than rubber plastic, which would assist in avoiding fraying and breaking. I'll hold on to them as super extreme emergency headphones but, well, I got what I paid for. Now, on to find out what happened to that darn sock in the dryer!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

bass was pretty max tho, right?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 11:17am
bass was pretty max tho, right?
Like the max effort I gave to mowing the lawn as a kid!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 11:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
A curiosity soon to be tested: The armband holder for my iPod when I bike is in rough shape, so I went on eBay to order a new one. While I was there, I poked around looking for a back-up pair of earbuds. The ones I have work fine, but the plastic-rubber coating is wearing off in areas. I've used that spray-on stuff to cover it. Works fine, tho it looks now like they were made by Dr. Frankenstein. Whatever. Still, I figured a back-up pair wouldn't b a bad idea. Out of curiosity, I ordered from China a pair that cost, no lie, $1.50, free shipping. I expect them to be complete crap, despite the claim of "max bass," but I was intrigued what $1.50 headphones would sound like. For listening to audiobooks, they don't have to great dynamics, so they may end up being okay for that. In a couple months, I'll find out!
Curiosity: Satisfied. The earbuds arrived and the sound is … shit. Zero bass whatsoever. Like listening to one of rcs' prized wax cylinder recordings thru soup cans and a string. The only thing good about them is that the wires are encased in string rather than rubber plastic, which would assist in avoiding fraying and breaking. I'll hold on to them as super extreme emergency headphones but, well, I got what I paid for. Now, on to find out what happened to that darn sock in the dryer!
My Beats headphones have never worked properly since I got them a couple of years ago. I was always having to fiddle with the connection to the headphone to get it right.
50.5W needed to borrow some headphones so I said she could have them as they were crap.
When she got back from her trip I asked her if she bothered using them and she said she did and that they were great once she plugged the right end of the cable into the headphones 😞

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
My Beats headphones have never worked properly since I got them a couple of years ago. I was always having to fiddle with the connection to the headphone to get it right.
50.5W needed to borrow some headphones so I said she could have them as they were crap.
When she got back from her trip I asked her if she bothered using them and she said she did and that they were great once she plugged the right end of the cable into the headphones 😞
Those moments when the child surpasses the parent …

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There sure are a lot of mysteries in your house. Did you buy it from this guy?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 4:13pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Those moments when the child surpasses the parent …
Those happened years ago I don’t even try nowadays.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 11:22am
Cheers, fellas.

I dig it all except the instrumental. I hate instrumentals aside from Green Onions. You labeled it an instrumental which I really appreciated. I really dig it all except the instrumental.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 12:22pm
Silent Majority wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 12:13pm
:mrgreen: love that malcolm story, MD
It was just a fleeting meeting. He came through from the rear of the shop and I stopped him as he was virtually going out the door. I was no teenage Steve Jones but I felt compelled to have that shirt.
Do you still have the shirt?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:01pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 12:22pm
Silent Majority wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 12:13pm
:mrgreen: love that malcolm story, MD
It was just a fleeting meeting. He came through from the rear of the shop and I stopped him as he was virtually going out the door. I was no teenage Steve Jones but I felt compelled to have that shirt.
Do you still have the shirt?
Ha no. I think I wore 'til it fell apart. Sometime in the 80's I gave it to a friend. He had it framed at the time. Sadly Phil is no longer with us as he was killed in the early 90's in a car crash on the way to work.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia