Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Dec 2017, 8:06am

Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by matedog » 08 Dec 2017, 10:41am

Aww, why they gotta make Pat (aka the drummer) a buffoon? I thought the Matt Sharp quotes were legit for awhile. Here's an actual oral history of Pinkerton that I think is a pretty interesting read: https://www.altpress.com/features/entry ... eezers_pin
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Dec 2017, 11:13am

matedog wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:41am
Aww, why they gotta make Pat (aka the drummer) a buffoon? I thought the Matt Sharp quotes were legit for awhile. Here's an actual oral history of Pinkerton that I think is a pretty interesting read: https://www.altpress.com/features/entry ... eezers_pin
Nobody makes a drummer a buffoon, except for maybe the cosmic arc of justice.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Mar 2019, 6:05pm

Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28184
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Flex » 22 Mar 2019, 7:02pm

YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jun 2019, 6:18pm

Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10798
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Kory » 19 Jun 2019, 7:15pm

He should have gone to '96.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jun 2019, 7:20pm

Kory wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:15pm
He should have gone to '96.
The Sept 11 joke becomes a lot more ambiguous that way, Hipster Henry.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10798
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Kory » 19 Jun 2019, 7:25pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:20pm
Kory wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:15pm
He should have gone to '96.
The Sept 11 joke becomes a lot more ambiguous that way, Hipster Henry.
Oh I missed the full date in the URL.

edit: this was the best part:
“Ranting lunatics are pretty commonplace in this town, so I wouldn’t put any faith into what he’s saying,” said arresting officer Jim Esposito. “I mean, come on: a time traveler, claiming that Weezer will become a sophomoric caricature of their former selves? No way is this guy for real. Rivers and the boys are always going to rock.”
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jun 2019, 7:35pm

Kory wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:20pm
Kory wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:15pm
He should have gone to '96.
The Sept 11 joke becomes a lot more ambiguous that way, Hipster Henry.
Oh I missed the full date in the URL.

edit: this was the best part:
“Ranting lunatics are pretty commonplace in this town, so I wouldn’t put any faith into what he’s saying,” said arresting officer Jim Esposito. “I mean, come on: a time traveler, claiming that Weezer will become a sophomoric caricature of their former selves? No way is this guy for real. Rivers and the boys are always going to rock.”
Jim Esposito is clearly a pseudonym for Andrew Matey.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28184
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Flex » 19 Jun 2019, 7:55pm

Extremely funny
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by matedog » 19 Jun 2019, 9:54pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:35pm
Kory wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:20pm
Kory wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 7:15pm
He should have gone to '96.
The Sept 11 joke becomes a lot more ambiguous that way, Hipster Henry.
:naughty:
Agreed with Kory too if not for the 9/11 side joke.
Oh I missed the full date in the URL.

edit: this was the best part:
“Ranting lunatics are pretty commonplace in this town, so I wouldn’t put any faith into what he’s saying,” said arresting officer Jim Esposito. “I mean, come on: a time traveler, claiming that Weezer will become a sophomoric caricature of their former selves? No way is this guy for real. Rivers and the boys are always going to rock.”
Jim Esposito is clearly a pseudonym for Andrew Matey.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Aug 2019, 10:40am

https://entertainment.theonion.com/hard ... 1837740027

Note: Also applies to IMCT on The Clash.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by matedog » 30 Aug 2019, 10:44am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 10:40am
https://entertainment.theonion.com/hard ... 1837740027

Note: Also applies to IMCT on The Clash.
Not sure that isn't me. Down to the location too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83621
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Mate's Takes - The Weezer Discography

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Aug 2019, 10:56am

matedog wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 10:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 10:40am
https://entertainment.theonion.com/hard ... 1837740027

Note: Also applies to IMCT on The Clash.
Not sure that isn't me. Down to the location too.
Ha! I hadn't even noticed the city. Satire does contain deep truths.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests