The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

General music discussion.
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

Post by muppet hi fi »

OK, gotcha. But yeah, what Springsteen's doing is not only stupid, unrealistic and greedy (maybe; or just misinformed?), it makes his whole egalitarian "everyman" vibe seem, if not disingenuous (which I don't think heis) at least a decade behind the times (i.e. what a hugely successful musician can or ought charge people for hearing one's music).
Really, the dude ought to (and realistically could) dump Sony/Columbia and sign with an indie, or better, just start up his own label (ala Steve van Zant). Dude could still make shitloads (mostly from touring, which he excels at), but also help out some younger acts.
It's not even about"oh he's got so much money, how much more does he need?" It's more about the possibilities he could embrace in his dottage, as he's certainly trying to do that on record. Why not go all out (business wise) and have an adventure that could really seal his legacy and help struggling musicians/artists?
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I have bought a couple of gigs from these guys in the past.
https://www.concertlive.co.uk/
PiL and Iggy Pop CD's straight after the shows. They normally sell for between £15.00 - £20.00 which for a well packaged double CD doesn't seem too bad. Plus the price normally goes down to around £10.00 when all the fuss has died down and they are stuck with a pile of CD's. Springsteen's $40.00 is approx. £25.00 so it's a bit steeper in price and only a gig stick.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Given how much Springsteen and Eddie Vedder play together and talk about each other, you would think Springsteen would use Pearl Jam's system as a basis for his. But no, he gets this idiotic wristband idea from a chance conversation with Rob Thomas (I assume he was delivering Springsteen a pizza or parking his car or something), as apparently this is how Matchbox 20 (yup they still exist!) sell their live shows.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Looks like they fixed the pricing issue. Downloads only - mp3 for $10, Flac for $15.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Looks like they fixed the pricing issue. Downloads only - mp3 for $10, Flac for $15.
Krazy Bruce's Discount Legal Boot Sale! Price's slashed as low as 75% How can I do this? I'm the crazy tribune of the working man! I need money to fix up my old Chevy and take it out on the highway to find America! Everything must go! Don't delay because who knows how long I can wait before the factory whistle blows!

;)
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Bruce's son has more blue collar cred than he does: http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/bruce-s ... 3307.story
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Bruce's son has more blue collar cred than he does: http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/bruce-s ... 3307.story
The photo mom took was shot with the cheapest Photographing Barbie digital camera imaginable.

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

matedog wrote:Bruce's son has more blue collar cred than he does: http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/bruce-s ... 3307.story
Fuck "cred", it's for cowards - moral and physical.
I once talked to a county rep about being a firefighter. It was nothing about credabilty, it was just that I thought I could do that job (young and strong and athletic at the time, wanting to feel OK about how I prostituted myself for money).
Can't imagine why Bruce's son wanted that job, what with his obvious options and privileges. (cue snarky comments about his parents forcing him into the job for "cred").

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
I once talked to a county rep about being a firefighter. It was nothing about credabilty, it was just that I thought I could do that job (young and strong and athletic at the time, wanting to feel OK about how I prostituted myself for money).
Can't imagine why Bruce's son wanted that job, what with his obvious options and privileges. (cue snarky comments about his parents forcing him into the job for "cred").
I'm not on fire.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
I'm not on fire.
It's good that you have no "Fire" in your "Streets of Fire" :lol:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
I'm not on fire.
Let's hope that boy don't get blinded by the light or it could be darkness on the edge of town.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
I'm not on fire.
Let's hope that boy don't get blinded by the light or it could be darkness on the edge of town.
Yup if that kid goes Into the Fire he may not see the Light of Day.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote: Fuck "cred", it's for cowards - moral and physical.
I'm not on fire.
OK I'm all Bruced out now. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: I'm not on fire.
OK I'm all Bruced out now. ;)
I understand, sir. There's only so many songs referencing 'fire', 'night', 'daylight' and old automobiles a rational person can keep track of :twitch:

matedog

Post by matedog »

I've been going through the back catalog lately and was on Disc 2 of Tracks. Restless Nights and Roulette are so much better than anything that made it on The River.